RSAF Open House 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSAF Open House 2008, 300808(Sat) - 310808(Sun), clash with COMEX.

COMEX
Suntec City
28th-31st August 2008.

Personally, in terms of photo opportunities, Open House would be better.
But then, one would have to be able get into the Open House first, if the
crowd does not get you first.

As COMEX, it is like any IT show.

OR one day here, one day there.

RSAF Open House 2008, 300808(Sat) - 310808(Sun), clash with COMEX.

COMEX
Suntec City
28th-31st August 2008.

Regardless the crowds, if you're nuts over aircraft, it's recommended to go! But the open house (definitely with aerial displays) coincides with Malaysian National Day? Hmmm... :think:

Regardless the crowds, if you're nuts over aircraft, it's recommended to go! But the open house (definitely with aerial displays) coincides with Malaysian National Day? Hmmm... :think:
haha. yah, its a no brainer for my choice. time to get more memory cards.

Hope to see the F35 replica and the F15SG at the RSAF open house.
will be quite surprise to see them if they are there. just looking forward to all our planes and best if it is like the last time where they stimulate the scramble of planes.

IIRC, you can use up to 300mm lenses. This is to allow those with 70-300 to still be able to use those lenses. 400 and more would be more of the higher telephoto ranges that they would not allow.

Bring 300mm prime to declare....but hide the teleconverter?

Bring 300mm prime to declare....but hide the teleconverter?

Cunning! ;p

I can't wait for the RSAF Open House. A sure eye opener.
The date which coincides with Malaysian National Day.. provocative..

Contest: Share your view of our skies with your thoughts and recollections of RSAF and Singapore.

The ten best entries stand to win a limited edition Hamilton aviator's chronograph.

The Organiser of this Contest is the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF). The Contest commences at 12 noon, Wednesday, July 16, 2008 and ends at 12 noon, Thursday, September 11 2008.

This Contest is only open to Singapore citizens and permanent residents of Singapore ("Eligible Entrants"). Employees and the immediate family members of the Organiser or associated bodies and advertising agencies are not eligible to enter this Contest.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/40years/

haha. yah, its a no brainer for my choice. time to get more memory cards.

Memory cards will be the last thing in my mind - as your pic will have lots of empty sky, so file size will be at least half if not less than average.:bsmilie:

I guess there are many other more important thing to consider to get great pictures from the show - those that you wanna to print to 12R, 18R, and proud to post for all to see.

This event is like slightly more than a month away. Still no detailed program, especially of the flying display.

Hope they make a big improvement in the crowd control and especially at the Eunos side.

About the Event

RSAF_Open_House.-imindefPars-0007-TextImage.imindefParstextimage.gif

Date & Time:
The event will be open to the public on 300808(Sat) and 310808(Sun), 0900-1900 hrs.

Venue:
Paya Lebar Air Base

Getting There:
a. Free shuttle service* to Paya Lebar Air Base is available at Hougang SBS Transit Bus Interchange and Eunos SBS Transit Bus Interchange, or

b. Hop onto SBS Transit Bus Service 90 at Toa Payoh SBS Transit Bus Interchange and alight opposite Air Force Museum. The entrance is just next to the Air Force Museum

* Free Shuttle Service operating hours: 0830 hrs to 2000 hrs

Event Description:
This year, the Republic of Singapore Air Force turns 40! As part of the 40th Anniversary Celebrations, the RSAF Open House 2008 will be held for the public on the 30th and 31st August 2008. The event will showcase the 3rd Generation RSAF and the capabilities that the RSAF has developed over the years. Exciting highlights include aerial display performances, aircraft rides, hot air balloon rides, display of our advanced weapon systems and carnival activities for all!

A set of 5 commemorative stamps featuring the diverse range of vocations that make up the 3rd Generation RSAF will be officially launched by SingPost on 28 Aug 08. The set of stamps in the form of First Day Cover affixed with stamps and Presentation Pack will also be available for sale during the RSAF Open House.

So make your way to the RSAF Open House 2008 this August. Find out more about the force like nothing on earth at the RSAF Open House 2008!

Admission:
Admission is FREE!

Publicity Website:
Please visit RSAF Open House 2008 website for event highlights, event map and other details.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/oh08/index.html

Last edited:
i really hope they will manage the crowd traffic well.. it was quite bad in the afternoons.

Additional information for photographers:

Security Advisory
For the safety of all visitors, security checks will be conducted at the entrance to Open House 2008.
In order to facilitate entry into the event, please observe the following security advisory:
  • Not to carry any sharp objects such as knives, paper cutters, etc.
  • Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are
    500mm and beyond are prohibited.

Official link of above.

Aerial display 1 will be at 1030 and aerial display 2 will be at 1700. 1030 will be hard to shoot as you will be facing east.

Additional information for photographers:

Security Advisory
For the safety of all visitors, security checks will be conducted at the entrance to Open House 2008.
In order to facilitate entry into the event, please observe the following security advisory:
  • Not to carry any sharp objects such as knives, paper cutters, etc.
  • Cameras are allowed, but please note that telephoto lenses that are
    500mm and beyond are prohibited.

Official link of above.

I was about to say that!

Yeah 500mm not 300mm

hmmm morning wun be as crowded n hot...
but looks like most highlights are noon onwards

Aerial display 1 will be at 1030 and aerial display 2 will be at 1700. 1030 will be hard to shoot as you will be facing east.

So, got to go early just in case got traffic jam like the last time. Well, this time got 3 locations from which to take the bus there. I will set out at 1300hr to be sure to be able to shoot at 1700hr.

Any info on parking there. I guess PLAB should have lots of parking lots. Free parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.