ROM Photography For a frd

Status
Not open for further replies.
chgoh: read the post... the client is a fr on a cousin's fr. Quite far fetch already.

hey RB,

sounds like you're being ripped off mate ... obviousily trying to take advantage of "friend friend" scenerio? Why don't you tell her, you received a booking for same day from another couple, ask if she's now willing to take up your package if not you move on. ... chances are red packet gonna be small lor ...

oso in case you shoot her ROM with ang pow, keep the negatives and charge her for the prints ... she play 1st, you play 15th lor

ydanz said:
hey RB,

sounds like you're being ripped off mate ... obviousily trying to take advantage of "friend friend" scenerio? Why don't you tell her, you received a booking for same day from another couple, ask if she's now willing to take up your package if not you move on. ... chances are red packet gonna be small lor ...

oso in case you shoot her ROM with ang pow, keep the negatives and charge her for the prints ... she play 1st, you play 15th lor

Aiyah .... knowing RBB .... she take Digital pics one lah :) .... hehehehe .... give her the print only lor .... don't give her the CD ;)......

RuthBaby said:
she is even saving $$ on prints.
she jus want the cd....

boohoohoo...

its the 2nd time im doing such things liao.. always request this n tt..
omg!

Convert all pictures to 553 x 369 in 75 DPI .... exact 4R size viewed via computer :) ...... never break your promise right? ;) ..... in CD..... whahahahahahaha

RuthBaby said:
she is even saving $$ on prints.
she jus want the cd....

boohoohoo...

its the 2nd time im doing such things liao.. always request this n tt..
omg!

I think business is business, a line have to be draw clearly in this area.
Like what blurblock said.. give her a CD with exact 4R size view from the pc screen. Else you will suffer lost.

If you sell meepok.. customer request to have more fishball... of cos you got to charge more rite? :D

blurblock said:
Convert all pictures to 553 x 369 in 75 DPI .... exact 4R size viewed via computer :) ...... never break your promise right? ;) ..... in CD..... whahahahahahaha

good idea ... Yi Fen Chian Yi Fen Huo ... then again, its better not to shoot then let any bad rep affect you next time in case she goes around badmouthing you in future then jialat lor. There are sometimes people out there who don't exactly bother to find out facts before coming to conclusion leh.

Will walk away if I were you, but thats me. Do it YOUR way sister!

Charge another 30% on top lah for friend friend. Otherwise people think you are cheap cheap.

We better learn how to make fishballs if fotography is so cheap. Maybe a package of PSed digital photos and fishballs? Lose money on photos and make it big with fishballs?

Friend's friend's....don't do. Basket, !@$!@# I am still fuming once i think of this. It was a "commercial favour" which i did for my friend's friend. I was the ai-yee car ferrying them around coz not enough cars last minute thingy. I tot why not, my car was new then, promised hong-bao (i guess at least $80-100), will be fun too with all the nice decors. I volunteered to be ferrying around for 1/2 day till 1pm, ok lar since it was a Sat and i don't work that day. I topped it off with some snapshots from my digicam.

In the end what did i get? Miserable $20 only, and it wasn't from the friend's friend but rather my friend's own pocket. What i got from my friend's friend is a nice handshake and the words "Hey, you've really got nice and true friends here man.". Basket, and to top it all off the family is living in a nice private house at Frankel Ave with 2 cars. Basket !@$!@#!@#. ;( It is not a case of forgetting to pay, coz my friend also was not paid!
I tell ya, Singaporeans, sometimes the case could be that the richer they are the more ngeow they are (else how they scrimp and save all the money to buy all the expensive stuff).

So be careful here.

If it's for your friend, close friend, close colleague, ok lar....charge like $20 to cover cab fares. Cousin's friend or what......discount 20% can liao.

Never quote too low/below cost.
At the end of the day you still have to do a good job regardless of the amount you receive, 'cos your reputation is at stake.

People are not going to look at the photos and say this batch is not so good because the couple pay peanuts, but because you are not a good photographer.

I would juz tell her honestly that her situation has improved and it's simply unreasonable to ask for the same rate. Besides you can't undercut your fellow CSers doing ROM shoots too :bsmilie: either she take it or walk. ;)
else you seem to be in a a lose-lose situation. I would not compromise service client regardless of price paid. No good for myself. No good for client.
Otherwise, suck it up and do a good job for added practise. :)

PS: I dun like it already when she's hiring her own make-up artists (paying her more) and the lousy quote abt studio charging less...

An analogy.

If you are working for a company and the boss is your friend's friend's cousin, do you work for free or take a paycut?

blurblock said:

i was thinking more like 320x240 256-color gif ;p

rb, i say just walk away from this one. let the frd-frd go source for another photog. when she find price more ex she may kuai kuai come crawling back. then you hit her with your undiscounted package price :think:

ruthbaby...

just tell her that a price must be fixed for only doing the shoot. no ang-pows pls! and forget about the touch-up.

:cool:

hmmmm...i encouter these probs too...take those products shot...hmmm but the owner dun like my style....so i do it his way lo....keep the customer happy.... ahah

hmmm....i tink juz do wat they want la....if u not sure juz ask lo....almost wanted the person to take the photos himself ahah

RuthBaby said:
tts why sometimes u really bad to shoot for someone u know.... -_-"

hmmm... but issit ethical to jus resize all the pics to small small resolutions?

:cry:

:sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.