Riot at Little India now !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish all police, firemen and paramedics whom were injured while carrying out their duty last night a speedy recovery.

Saw a clip where a fire engine was scrambling to get out of mobs' way. Its reversed into a police car and kept going until it broke free. I can't even imagine how daunting it was for them.

For those who don't condone the unrest stirred on the streets, i wonder why they're stirring unrest online :)

Well said. Difference in opinion is dangerous in Singapore. WE should all agree. WE SHOULD ALL STOP THINKING OR RELY on authorities to think for us

No need to think critically
No need to have opinions
No need to do anything even when we see crimes happening.

No need to use our brain cause all explanation will be provided.

Well said. Difference in opinion is dangerous in Singapore. WE should all agree. WE SHOULD ALL STOP THINKING OR RELY on authorities to think for us

No need to think critically
No need to have opinions
No need to do anything even when we see crimes happening.

No need to use our brain cause all explanation will be provided.

your understanding of my statement is extremely off

i hv to agree with the ang moh's [hate to use this word, but since you use it] view that it is really a miracle that fatal accident is not common at that area. I drove past once or twice during wkends and it is really very taxing.

However, i think the angmoh should not extrapolate/assume what he seen in indonesia would happen in india. This is judgemental, and yet he ask of others not to be to him?. LOL

As i mentioned, most of these FW are here to make a living for their loved ones. I doubt they would like to stir big for no reason. In the end they would be the one suffer most.

It is a deep-rooted problem. Gov and we should not just point fingers and unleash their whips when fire broke out just to show that they can fight fire. They should be thinking of how to prevent a fire instead.

“if you were in Sim City, what would you do?”

I'd send couple of natural disaster there to keep population in the sim city in check. Besides, that will also reveal the weakness of my positioning of fire stations, police and other emergency facilities.

Gov needs to be proactive IMO. They always react when something serious happen. As some bro mentioned, they shd preempt that pockets like those in penisular and LI etc are disasters waiting to happen. The fuel is there. Just need a spark.
Hv to be less myopic too. Dont just bring in FT and then ignore the consequences.

Agree.

For decades Singaporeans have lived under this legal requirement.
Unlawful assembly
141. An assembly of 5 or more persons is designated an “unlawful assembly”, if the common object of the persons composing that assembly is —

Time to enforce this again.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...646-947b-462c-b557-60aa55dc7b42 Depth:0;rec=0

Last edited:
i hv to agree with the ang moh's [hate to use this word, but since you use it] view that it is really a miracle that fatal accident is not common at that area. I drove past once or twice during wkends and it is really very taxing.

However, i think the angmoh should not extrapolate/assume what he seen in indonesia would happen in india. This is judgemental, and yet he ask of others not to be to him?. LOL

As i mentioned, most of these FW are here to make a living for their loved ones. I doubt they would like to stir big for no reason. In the end they would be the one suffer most.

It is a deep-rooted problem. Gov and we should not just point fingers and unleash their whips when fire broke out just to show that they can fight fire. They should be thinking of how to prevent a fire instead.
A few months ago in India, a train rammed some idiots sitting on the train tracks. The train driver made the stupid mistake of stopping. He got lynched.

The fact remains is that most of these workers here come from a place where the law does not exist. They are not used to our cultural norms. They are also more protective of their own kind than we are. (I think 99% of Singaporeans will utterly bochup if one of our own got knocked down.) Throw in other grievances that have been simmering for ages (poor lodging, poor treatment, bad pay etc. etc.), everything you need for a civil revolt is there waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Agree.

For decades Singaporeans have lived under this legal requirement.

Time to enforce this again.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...646-947b-462c-b557-60aa55dc7b42 Depth:0;rec=0
Hahaha... Shall we ban the *** for having that party convention recently? Honestly, I will put it bluntly: No amount of lawyering will change a problem that is more fundamental than mere lawyering. Singaporeans must stop running to the bloody government to make some stupid law because of a stupid problem that could have been solved if people bother to take initiative to solve a stupid problem. Grow a spine and brain people.

Hahaha... Shall we ban the *** for having that party convention recently? Honestly, I will put it bluntly: No amount of lawyering will change a problem that is more fundamental than mere lawyering. Singaporeans must stop running to the bloody government to make some stupid law because of a stupid problem that could have been solved if people bother to take initiative to solve a stupid problem. Grow a spine and brain people.

Haha, the gahmen should send them all to Sentosa like Chia Thye Poh and let them gamble till they lose their pants.

Haha, the gahmen should send them all to Sentosa like Chia Thye Poh and let them gamble till they lose their pants.

And who then will do any of the construction work? You?

And who then will do any of the construction work? You?

I one person how to replace 400 indians? :dunno: Anyway 27 already arrested and the rest is likely to be deported if they are not going to Sentosa.

After they lose their pants they will have to go back being construction workers. In the meantime, the Chinese will do the work.

Last edited:
A few months ago in India, a train rammed some idiots sitting on the train tracks. The train driver made the stupid mistake of stopping. He got lynched.

The fact remains is that most of these workers here come from a place where the law does not exist. They are not used to our cultural norms. They are also more protective of their own kind than we are. (I think 99% of Singaporeans will utterly bochup if one of our own got knocked down.) Throw in other grievances that have been simmering for ages (poor lodging, poor treatment, bad pay etc. etc.), everything you need for a civil revolt is there waiting to happen.

ya, just like they said for a plane to crash, you would need more than one factors/causes/failures etc?

Since we are aware of this shortcoming, mitigation actions shd hv been implemented. eg gov could hv installed more pedestrian crossings. Once i was trying to cross that stretch of road and hv to walk quite a distance to reach one. And for one who used to ignore law, they would not hv the patience to walk that far.

ya, just like they said for a plane to crash, you would need more than one factors/causes/failures etc?

Since we are aware of this shortcoming, mitigation actions shd hv been implemented. eg gov could hv installed more pedestrian crossings. Once i was trying to cross that stretch of road and hv to walk quite a distance to reach one. And for one who used to ignore law, they would not hv the patience to walk that far.

Haha, lack of pedestrian crossings results in riots in Singapore. So LTA fault?

Haha, lack of pedestrian crossings results in riots in Singapore. So LTA fault?

Everyone, including you and me, has got a responsibility to make life more amiable in our pathetically small singapore, dont you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.