Riot at Little India now !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and wonder why the need for such PUSH. are they in deep shxx with debts?

GDP is an annual figure...

Imagine... My annual income is $50,000... so I have a debt of $55,700.000.... (111.4%)

We have to factor in Interest.... Plus... how much loan we can service.... plus daily expenses.... how long does it take to pay off my debts???

Add in another factor... depreciate REAL Income....

Any banker can help me, assuming this is a personal loan and how long it take to repay off the debt???

Last edited:
You sure boh as we have:

1. Highest standard of living.
2. Highest education standard.
3. Most efficent transportation system.
4. Safest and cleanest city state.
5. Cleanest and best qualified leaders.
6. Cheapest and best public housing.
etc. etc. Too many to names.....

Go and find a country like that and come back and tell us.

What did the Vice-Principal comments???

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/jurong-west-secondary-vice-principal-takes-issue-with-%E2%80%98every-school-is-a-good-school--ideal-103224519.html

"How many of our leaders and top officers who say that every school is a good school put their children in ordinary schools near their home? (Only) until they actually do so are parents going to buy (it)."

Those were the exact words of Jurong West Secondary School (JWSS) vice-principal Pushparani Nadarajah, who was responding to speakers and teachers’ discussions of making every school a good one at the inaugural AsiaEducationExpo (AEX) 2013, according to a report by The Straits Times.

It is like surgeon who ask you to go lasik... and you realized he was wearing contact lens.... how do you feel?? :thumbsup:

The new Robocop is coming next year :)

Robocop-Old-and-New-Armor.jpg

images

I think the new Robo Cop look like crap... I prefer the old Robo Cop.... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Someone talked about hard and he got an infraction.

See how this "soft" talk leads to. :bsmilie:

Soft???? We are usually soft... and only "HARD" when occasion arouses it.....

I think this is common knowledge... so no infraction... I suppose.... :think:

What did the Vice-Principal comments???

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/jurong-west-secondary-vice-principal-takes-issue-with-%E2%80%98every-school-is-a-good-school--ideal-103224519.html

It is like surgeon who ask you to go lasik... and you realized he was wearing contact lens.... how do you feel?? :thumbsup:

Digress a bit from the discussion:

Ha... I think PM Lee was just trying to be diplomatic with his words.

He said: "Evey school is a good school."

But what he didn't add is: "Some schools are better than others. And a few are a lot better than most schools."

He should know most discerning parents are not interested in just hearing about the "good school" part. If by good schools, you mean our kids here don't do drugs or carry dangerous weapons to schools. Then yes, every school is good. So to me, he is just saying for the sake of saying. It means nothing.

As for LASIK part, actually it is very safe now. If your lifestyle or work requires it, it's ok to do it. Some surgeons don't do it not because they think it's unsafe. There are of course possibility of minor side effects and this could affect their daily critical work. But for other professions, it may not be so. Got to weigh the pros and cons.

Digress a bit from the discussion:

Ha... I think PM Lee was just trying to be diplomatic with his words.

He said: "Evey school is a good school."

They are going towards this. There got major reshuffle of principals recently. Those who led top schools were reassigned to neighborhood school to level the standards. It won't happen overnight, but there is progress.

They are going towards this. There got major reshuffle of principals recently. Those who led top schools were reassigned to neighborhood school to level the standards. It won't happen overnight, but there is progress.

That's a good start but not quite the point.

I think what PM Lee was trying to do then was put down the worries of parents who lament at the high stress levels their kids (and they themselves!) have to go through in order to attempt to get into a "good" school. As if to say "Who cares if my kid gets into ACS or XYZ neighbourhood Secondary school. Both of them are good schools."

I don't think that kind of mentality works with many parents even after his assurance. We know that's not how it works, at least based on the many friends and colleagues I've spoken to.

Of course, ultimately, a student can only do well based on his or her attitude and mindset. But we can't deny that schools and the quality of teachers and peers from there play a major role in shaping them. But to simply assert "all schools are good schools", I think that's being incomplete or short-sighted in the perception.

Oh well...coming from a local politician, I think we can understand where PM Lee is heading. :)

Guys, we are talking about riots here, not schools. LOL

holy shxx! cannot underestimate students sia.

Despite reminding everyone to stay off politics and name calling, certain individuals here still do so.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.