Ring flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,
TS, jeanie is looking for a ring flash, a type of flash the is in circular shape and go round the lens of the camera when in use.

the flash you show here, is a studio flash with modeling lamp. not ring flash.

third, most studio flash with modeling lamps (any brands), have the option of the brightness control of the modeling lamps, on or off, on or off when the flash trigger (means the lamp is on when the flash is trigger, or the lamp go off when the flash is trigger, on again when the flash is charge)

Agreed with catchlights on this.

The part "or the lamp go off when the flash is trigger, on again when the flash is charge" is sometime also refer to as "blackout" refering to the short duration of time when the lights is "blackouted" before turning on again when the flash is charged. The Elinchrome 500 do not have this function, only the " on /off " function.

going round the camera are those sb 21 & 29, right? In fact I improvised different size of light weight hollow tubing for the ring to take wound injuries like the eye and hand for the hospital consultation. You can also read up information like balcar lighting which I bought a
pair of spotflux 4 for dimming system. So I hope this option is there for you.
thank you, you are right about SB 21 & 29, but the I'm not the one looking for ring flash, is jeanie.

140%20New%20Spotflux%204.jpg

the balcar spotflux 4 is cool, but don't think it can create a circular catchlights in the subjest's eyes, btw, forgot to mention that she intend to use a very power ring flash to shoot full length models at outdoor.

i'm thinking of full face or half body.
for full body, i reckon no point using ring flash.
this will also come in handy when i setup my home studio this year.

thank you, you are right about SB 21 & 29, but the I'm not the one looking for ring flash, is jeanie.

140%20New%20Spotflux%204.jpg

the balcar spotflux 4 is cool, but don't think it can create a circular catchlights in the subjest's eyes, btw, forgot to mention that she intend to use a very power ring flash to shoot full length models at outdoor.
How about waiting for an annular solar eclipse then take the shot? ;p The annular eclipse will make the sun look like a ringlight.

How about waiting for an annular solar eclipse then take the shot? ;p The annular eclipse will make the sun look like a ringlight.

Hmm idea sia, haha.

For those adventurous to try, can check this out. I actually contemplated doing this, but I realised the final product will be too bulky to bring about. Looks pretty haphazard also.

Hmm idea sia, haha.

For those adventurous to try, can check this out. I actually contemplated doing this, but I realised the final product will be too bulky to bring about. Looks pretty haphazard also.
yeah.. problem is Singapore is usually not in the path of annular eclipse nor total eclipse. Most of the time is just partial.

haha mr. pro not everyone here purchase equipment for a job, for some it is just hobby that's why cost is a concern. lolz u'll need a wider angle lens for your mind on this one :)

Bro,

I dun mean you can't buy for hobby, but its a universal law for equipment purchase, isn't it?

I mean, if you buy a piece of equipment without enhance lens, you gotta learn how to maximize out the equipment first, before spending more money buying a new piece of add-on equipment. There are many shops who can probably lend you those parts for a few days, for you to try it out. You either pay a small fee, or you negotiate on your own for them to lend it to you FOC. Thats why I say, that for hobbyist its a cheaper alternative to play with parts than to buy a new one. Anyway, after you buy the new parts, you try it out for a while, and you wonder what to do with it since there is not much use for it.

For those who rely on photography to pay their bills, will know that one does not buy new parts because "its cool". One buys it to increase productivity, out of neccessity. Because the increase of 2-3 megapixel does not have impact for 60-70% of the photos that you take anyway.

Just my 2 cents worth.... nobody is stopping you should you decide to purchase anything. It helps the economy if u buy more, and maybe our GST wouldn't go up any further soon after it hits 7%.

this is cool but from the pics, i dont really see the ring catchlights in their eyes.:dunno:

and at 129 pounds, it really aint cheap!

You need to shoot very close to get the ring catchlight in their eyes if you're using a ringlight.

If you really want to get the ring catchlight, buy a 32W (or maybe even 40W) tri-colour daylight 6500K Philips circular fluorescent tube and shoot through the centre.

Just look in the mirror with a piece of 77mm filter and try to see the reflection of the rim in your eye. See how far (or rather near) your eye to get the ring catchlight the size of your iris. ;p

You need to shoot very close to get the ring catchlight in their eyes if you're using a ringlight.

If you really want to get the ring catchlight, buy a 32W (or maybe even 40W) tri-colour daylight 6500K Philips circular fluorescent tube and shoot through the centre.

Just look in the mirror with a piece of 77mm filter and try to see the reflection of the rim in your eye. See how far (or rather near) your eye to get the ring catchlight the size of your iris. ;p

for that kind of trouble, i think cs3 effect would have been much easier.:bsmilie:

for that kind of trouble, i think cs3 effect would have been much easier.:bsmilie:

Fluorescent tube $5, ballast $2, starter $0.50, some wires $2, plug $2. Everything under $12. ;p

But I'll have to agree CS3 is much easier.. ;p

Fluorescent tube $5, ballast $2, starter $0.50, some wires $2, plug $2. Everything under $12. ;p

But I'll have to agree CS3 is much easier.. ;p

anyway, ringflash effects is like fish eye effect.

it's gets boring after a while.

anyway, ringflash effects is like fish eye effect.

it's gets boring after a while.

Yeah.. and need to get the model to wear black contact lenses also..

Status
Not open for further replies.