Review: Panasonic GF2

More hecks, with a Voigtlander Color Skopar 21mm f/4

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

Great thread here on the GF2 :thumbsup:

Any idea why GF1 is retailing at a higher price than GF2?

I will most probably be getting a GF2 soon, an recommendation of a good place to get it ? DOn't mind can PM me, first time purchasing a camera :)

yo ed9119, compared to the Samsung EX1, which one would you rather use as a main carry-around shooter now?

just your own honest opinion would do :D

yo ed9119, compared to the Samsung EX1, which one would you rather use as a main carry-around shooter now?

just your own honest opinion would do :D
Isn't this an unfair competition? A P&S camera vs a m43 camera?
The Samsung EX1 should be compared to the LX5 or XZ-1 while the GF2 should be compared to the E-PL2 or NX100.

Isn't this an unfair competition? A P&S camera vs a m43 camera?
The Samsung EX1 should be compared to the LX5 or XZ-1 while the GF2 should be compared to the E-PL2 or NX100.

It's also unfair that you didn't let him answer this question that I asked him.

I'm asking because these 2 cameras - even though they are in differing categories if you want to be anally-specific - are pretty similar in their functions as compact carry-alls that are classified under this one peculiar category:

"The Wannabe"

I have a Samsung EX1 which I like a lot, but I'm curious towards Micro 4/3rd cameras, particularly this GF2 and the Oly E-PL2, to the point where I'm considering switching that's all.

It's also unfair that you didn't let him answer this question that I asked him.

I'm asking because these 2 cameras - even though they are in differing categories if you want to be anally-specific - are pretty similar in their functions as compact carry-alls that are classified under this one peculiar category:

"The Wannabe"

I have a Samsung EX1 which I like a lot, but I'm curious towards Micro 4/3rd cameras, particularly this GF2 and the Oly E-PL2, to the point where I'm considering switching that's all.
You have overestimated my power... I can't stop him from answering your question at all. ;)
In any case, at the risk of being accused of being 'anally-specific' (surely there must be a less offensive word to use... unless you intended to be deliberately offensive at that) again, while the EX1 is a compact all-in-one camera, the GF2 or E-PL2 is not so 'all-in-one' as there are lenses that have to be carried along with them. And even if only the smallest prime lens is attached (severely limiting their versatility) and brought along, they are not really as pocketable as the EX1 or LX5 or XZ-1.

tomcat said:
You have overestimated my power... I can't stop him from answering your question at all. ;)
In any case, at the risk of being accused of being 'anally-specific' (surely there must be a less offensive word to use... unless you intended to be deliberately offensive at that) again, while the EX1 is a compact all-in-one camera, the GF2 or E-PL2 is not so 'all-in-one' as there are lenses that have to be carried along with them. And even if only the smallest prime lens is attached (severely limiting their versatility) and brought along, they are not really as pocketable as the EX1 or LX5 or XZ-1.

Tomcat, you're absolutely right. How can one compare the performance of Toyota Corolla & Lexus. Both are cars that brings you to the destination but one will gives you the comfort and joy to drive.

Depending on the user's need, both GF2 & EX1 will capture nice pictures in 4R or watch on the computer. The user will find out which is the better camera for large prints.

My humble 1 cent opinion.

sorry I have been out of town all last week and till out of town until this weekend for work

ditto the car analogy above...... you just cannot put the 2 cameras side by side ..... one is a fixed non-interchangeable zoom on a smaller sensor while the other is a camera with interchangeable lenses with a larger sensor

as mentioned a couple of posts above, we should compare apples with apples

each camera that you had mentioned above have its own unique set of user and situational applications (WITHOUT even comparing technical specs)

Last edited: