Reverse and bang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it hurts.. esp the guy go fake pain.. then u kena arrested by police.
Ahhh...

I got some story to tell, true one. (happens in US)

There was a sting operation by the Police, you know there are alot of insurance cheats. The sting happens like this, the Police fake a bus accident in a dodgy neighbourhood..

There were many people, passerbys that ran up into the bus and fake that their neck hurt because of the accident, making it as though they were passengers in the bus.

../azul123

Ahhh...

I got some story to tell, true one. (happens in US)

There was a sting operation by the Police, you know there are alot of insurance cheats. The sting happens like this, the Police fake a bus accident in a dodgy neighbourhood..

There were many people, passerbys that ran up into the bus and fake that their neck hurt because of the accident, making it as though they were passengers in the bus.

../azul123

I like to see a Youtube on this. it will be hilarious!

ya I agreed. You must drive to understand what happens when reversing. The driver can only CHECK ONE side to check if his car will scratch other people's car during reverse. For my case, I check the left side of my car to guage, with periodic glances at the right side just incase. I cannot COVER both sides at once. If a STUPID pedestrain decides to WALK into my car after I check right side from the right, I will sure bang into him one. But usually I reverse VERY slowly lor so no one gets hurt.

it is VERY tough for drivers to keep track of pedestrain who walk into our car when reversing. I am not talking about stationary people.

I think in Carpark, cars have a right of way right? pedestrain should avoid reversing cars right?

I hate the jaywalking morons along orchard road. :nono:

Won't kill lah, but if still don't realise and he/she end up under your car ... then you got prata lo :sweat:
If the driver cannot sense any bump or some resistance when reversing, then I cannot defend the driver liow, moronic goondoo driver.

../azul123

Sometimes you can't put all the blame on the driver.

Yes, the car is more dangerous and the driver should take care but the driver can only cover one angle at a time. A pedestrian/cyclist/vehicle that isn't paying attention is liable to be hit in this case. The car can be moving at a slow speed but it will still bump into the person if he is oblivious to the car (e.g. listening to mp3, talking on handphone).

If the pedestrian is on the road then they should also take precautions to avoid being a 'target' for cars. Assuming that the car driver should take every precaution to make the roads safe for pedestrians does not make that pedestrian invulnerable.

I hate the jaywalking morons along orchard road. :nono:

i banged into 1 idiot before, ripped his jeans at the backside:bsmilie: ...lucky he compensate $$ to me also...:bsmilie:

When reversing, i find it hard to look over to my right shoulder. Neck will "sour" (suan1) one. So everytime when i reverse until almost there, i will turn my head back and check my side mirrors.:)

I believe that if ALL Parties - pedestrian, bike, car, etc take precautions. Life on the roads would be so much smoother. So for those who like to walk behind a car with its "reverse" lights on, please take note!

Status
Not open for further replies.