Reverse and bang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I saw someone who almost got knocked down by a reversing car.. :sticktong

In the first place I wonder why people like to walk behind cars when the driver is reversing. Is 10 more steps that tiring? :think:

Actually, pedestrians need to be more cautious when walking about stationery vehicles. Stationery vehicles can go from 0 to a speed in a very short time. Eg Drivers who just start car, turn head and just gostun. As pedestrians we need to be aware of whether the vehicles near you is operating. Once I almost kena bang by a car going in reverse I had to jump and bang on the boot cover then the fella stop. He open window and wanted to scold me for banging his boot cover but I said well, if I didn't, you won't stop and would have banged me, wouldn't you recieve worse that scolding in that case. I was alreadying looking out if you were reversing but you just turn to reverse gear suddenly and reverse.

One thing I never understood is why people here use their mirrors when the reverse? It is more difficult as the directions are also reversed (when you turn the steering wheel to the right, the rear moves to the left etc.)......it is more easier (and safer I think) to turn your head + shoulders 180 degrees, and reverse that way. And you can cover a larger vision area by turning your head........

Hong Sien

In the first place I wonder why people like to walk behind cars when the driver is reversing. Is 10 more steps that tiring? :think:
Cars are more dangerous than pedestrians, so I think drivers should be more careful, not the other way around.......

HS

Those cases I saw ain't that the people walking right behind the car. They were somewhere behind + beside. But the dumbasses who were reversing, were also turning ... so those standing there won't actually expect the clown to drive their direction :eek:

Cars are more dangerous than pedestrians, so I think drivers should be more careful, not the other way around.......

HS
I heard of people killing people. :think:

I never heard of the car just put there can kill people. ;)

I heard of people killing people. :think:

I never heard of the car just put there can kill people. ;)
It is the driver inside the car that determines whether a car is dangerous or not.......I have seen drivers slowly moving lanes, or the opposite, suddenly move lanes in front of you! Or making a turn into a lane and almost killing crossing pedestrians.

HS

ya I agreed. You must drive to understand what happens when reversing. The driver can only CHECK ONE side to check if his car will scratch other people's car during reverse. For my case, I check the left side of my car to guage, with periodic glances at the right side just incase. I cannot COVER both sides at once. If a STUPID pedestrain decides to WALK into my car after I check right side from the right, I will sure bang into him one. But usually I reverse VERY slowly lor so no one gets hurt.

it is VERY tough for drivers to keep track of pedestrain who walk into our car when reversing. I am not talking about stationary people.

I think in Carpark, cars have a right of way right? pedestrain should avoid reversing cars right?

So far I never have such cases, do the normal checks and reverse slowly lah, anyway... most newer cars got reverse sensor one... anyone or object within 2 feet it will beep and within 1 foot beep even faster.

Drivers no matter how right they are 100% follow rule book.. will have to look out for pedestrian one, there is no two way about this.

../azul123

ya I agreed. You must drive to understand what happens when reversing. The driver can only CHECK ONE side to check if his car will scratch other people's car during reverse. For my case, I check the left side of my car to guage, with periodic glances at the right side just incase.

Periodic glances is the thing! If the driver doesn't do that and assumes nothing is on the other side, that's when sh!t happens.

Yeah it's bloody irritating when someone walks real close behind when we are reversing. But as for those cases I mentioned, the people didn't walk close when reversing, they were standing somewhere behind/beside the car, quite some safe distance away :bsmilie:

So far I never have such cases, do the normal checks and reverse slowly lah, anyway... most newer cars got reverse sensor one... anyone or object within 2 feet it will beep and within 1 foot beep even faster.

Drivers no matter how right they are 100% follow rule book.. will have to look out for pedestrian one, there is no two way about this.

../azul123

reverse sensor dun cover corners 1... so if some happy soul wanna go heaven... u got no way to cover your corners... best is still check before moving.

reverse sensor dun cover corners 1... so if some happy soul wanna go heaven... u got no way to cover your corners... best is still check before moving.
Yup noted, and I did say do the normal checks. But reversing speed at 2kmh? maybe less.. doubt it would kill.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.