Reporter posing as "victim" to get news here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys gotta chill cut the reporter some slack.

she dint murder anyone right?
or hurt anyone.
i learnt journalism too, sometimes you have to investigate to find the truth, you just cant find it like that you know.
its not like shes someone whos taking pictures.
she had good intentions, but maybe it went the wrong way.
but to crucify someone like its the end of the world is a little bit too much of exaggeration don't you think?

Registered today, First post and this thread :think:

or hurt anyone.
i learnt journalism too, sometimes you have to investigate to find the truth, you just cant find it like that you know.
but to crucify someone like its the end of the world is a little bit too much of exaggeration don't you think?

is it right to stir up the community through this way? is it ethical?

or hurt anyone.

I beg to differ... if she really wanted information, I am sure that if she asked us properly. Yes discounting the usual comical comments from some here, I believe most will help if we can provided it is a genuine request.

However what she did was she assumed an false identity, used broken English for whatever reason I don't know and then called everyone unsympathetic for not helping and then surfacing as her other identity that of a reporter and then PMing me to ask me to shut it..... Well if that is the way journalism is thought in school nowadays.... then good luck to the press community.. and I wonder when we are going to have some major scandals such as those in other countries in which reporters create their own news to make news.... after all the incident did occur.... they simply "added" in the details using their own imagination and take it as the truth.

only 2 pages nia. where's the rest?

Think Google only caches that much. Anyway the synopsis - you can see that the gal came saying that she was made to do this and that. Later another person came in claiming to be Nadia Shah from ST Urban and wanted to do a piece on this newsworthy item. Soon after people started condemning the attempt to get news out by posing as a victim, the thread disappeared (Didn't know you could do that in CS).

or hurt anyone.

You registered on ClubSnap just to post this?

Anyway, it's "didn't", "can't", "she's", and "who's". Journalism allows you to forego the apostrophe nowadays?

I find it an "exaggeration" on your part claiming to have studied journalism... :think:

But that's just my personal opinion.

I beg to differ... if she really wanted information, I am sure that if she asked us properly. Yes discounting the usual comical comments from some here, most will help if we can.

However what she did was she assumed an false identity, used broken English for whatever reason I don't know and then called everyone unsympathetic for not helping and then surfacing as her other identity that of a reporter and then PMing me to ask me to shut it..... Well if that is the way journalism is thought in school nowadays.... then good luck to the press community.. and I wonder when we are going to have some major scandals such as those in other countries in which reporters create their own news to make news.... after all the incident did occur.... they simply "added" in the details using their own imagination and take it as the truth.

Perfectly well said. :thumbsup:

Even those who make funny comments will help if the issue on hand was true. Most of the regulars here are honest and good guys who will not stoop to such low levels or even help to hide such stuff. So, a more decent way would have been to ask and then if you feel that people are hiding something, you can go ahead use other methods.

http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=clubsnap+"scary+experiences"&hl=en&filter=0

Here is the google search for the threads. To see what was written, click "Cached". Unfortunately I don't know about the someone posing as reporter thing. Had not been following this thread, and the posts had not been archived in Google.

or hurt anyone.

I don't think that reporter had good intention, he/she is just trying to achieve his/her KPI.

I don't think that reporter had good intention, he/she is just trying to achieve his/her KPI.

2 years ago or so there's this "girl" posting everywhere, and I mean everywhere on the online forums about her "paranormal dejavu experience" and then a "wise guy" comes in a gives "enlightening" advice, which turned out to be a marketing campaign for the movie Dejavu.

Some people have no ethics at all, playing with people's emotions.

you know, i think its good time to call ST urban editor and see whats going on. hmmm...

ii find it more suspicious with newbies coming in wih 0 posts, in kopitiam and posting to defend.

hey, i studied journalism too. very unethical. even if you want to be discreet, you should know what you CAN and CANNOT do. evoking emotions is a big no no.

if journalist wants information, they should identify themselves and ask around. not posting as a clone to seek info and then use another clone to suddenly identify as the journalist hoping the CSers will fall into the trap and approach the "journalist" to give insider info just for the title of "journalist".

2 years ago or so there's this "girl" posting everywhere, and I mean everywhere on the online forums about her "paranormal dejavu experience" and then a "wise guy" comes in a gives "enlightening" advice, which turned out to be a marketing campaign for the movie Dejavu.

Some people have no ethics at all, playing with people's emotions.

i also remember some kids last time in CS also do something to stir emotions until everyone slam him and then later to save his backside from the burning flame, he say he is doing a school project to test emotions... kids nowadays... haiz...

i think this kid iirc, i'm in his hate list... :devil:

I was typing a reply just as the thread got deleted.

Just a recap: hottieangelx comes on and gives a few posts...

"hi hi ppl. dunno if u remember me. i started new account cos i kanna cheated and now trying to escape from photographer. he make me seduce him when taking pix. anything like that happen to u b4?"

"i already say i trying to escape from photographer. if i tell you i scared he find out. but next time i say. so nobody else got this kind of things happen before ah."

"wah you all really no sympathy one. i want to make police report so i need to find out if other ppl same."

a "reporter" under a different nick comes on and asks her to pm her (unfortunately the google cache doesn't have this)
and says this is a feature for Urban but is now pushed to Sunday Times

a short while later the thread disappears.
hrm.

i also remember some kids last time in CS also do something to stir emotions until everyone slam him and then later to save his backside from the burning flame, he say he is doing a school project to test emotions... kids nowadays... haiz...

kanasai. he dare to disturb yandaokia. later he kana hoot.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

or hurt anyone.

yah lor to investigate the truth you have to fabricate lies in clubsnap so you can write in ST about how hottieangelx got forced to do dirty dance for photographer.

I think the editor of Urban or Sunday Times will be very happy to hear of their journalist's conduct.
maybe he is editing a story on how ST journalists go about getting their stories in 141 ways ...:think:

Are we sure that that person was not fabricating an identity of a reporter just to have some fun or stir up trouble? Seems mighty suspicious leh :think:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241373&highlight=deja

Here it is. I'm surprised no one realised this.

Status
Not open for further replies.