Remove Lens Sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeronta

Sep 10, 2010
images

Hi, I would like to know if the label infront of the lens can be removed? The one stating "AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G VR". The reason is that I've scratched it somehow. The lens is not scratched, just the label. What is the best way to remove it? I'm quite sure its a sticker.

Last edited:
i'm sure that its not a sticker..
shld be laser or ink-ed on..
(i dunno how to elaborate but i'm sure that its not a sticker)

btw, you wanne remove the label cause its scratched??
=.="

It is not a sticker.
You can remove it by scratching the whole words.

Note that after you did it, people might not want to buy your lens anymore...

If you don't mind me asking, why you want to remove? do you have a replacement?
You can just ignore the scratch. Removing the label could cause more problems

nobody will take notice the scratched except you, since it does not affect the final images and but only the aesthetic of the lens, why don't leave it as it is?

i don't think it is noticeable . . . leave it there so that you will know what lens you have too. :)

but it is quite cool not to have those label too. :bsmilie:

I still find it alittle risky to peel it off by myself. ;) It's really easily scratched (by fingernails even).

Do you think Nikon's service centre can replace the label for me?

Last edited:
Buy a bottle of turpentine and use a cotton swob to remove it.

Come on! Its a label for crying out loud! Its lost its virginity through a scratch and now you want to kill its character? It still will be a 18-55 VR!

I'm thinking of sending it to Nikon for servicing. Anyone knows how long it would take for the replacement of the label?

I'm thinking of sending it to Nikon for servicing. Anyone knows how long it would take for the replacement of the label?

They might be ignored you.
Just IMHO :angel:

Just give them a call to ask. As yours is an interesting scenario and unless any CSer here works in NSC, else no one can give you a direct answer.:dunno:

i dun see why u shld send it in for servicing just because of a scratch which will not even affect ur images. The scratch isn't on the front element of the lens so why worry so much?

like wad others always say:

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

well... i'm not stopping u.. the money is urs n how u use it/waste it is up to u :dunno:

Last edited:
cover it up with a cheap UV Filter, that will solve everything

use a sandpaper around the area. u can sand it till its all black. nice.

I still find it alittle risky to peel it off by myself. ;) It's really easily scratched (by fingernails even).

Do you think Nikon's service centre can replace the label for me?

The service fee will probably cost more than just buying a mint copy off BnS.

Lens is only selling for arond 120-150 only on BnS. Might as well buy another 18-55VR. I will buy the scratched copy off you for $50.

NSC will probably charge you to replace the entire lens front.

Since you're so insistent to remove the wordings, I can spray a layer of semi-gross black on that rim for you.

I shall go down to Nikon service centre to check the cost. If they really can't fix it, then I'll just leave it alone as most of you have adviced ;)

Most of you would probably think it's really weird that I'm doing this but the scratches really bother me, since my camera is perfectly scratchless I dont want to have a lens with scratches all over the label.

Thanks for your comments.

I shall go down to Nikon service centre to check the cost. If they really can't fix it, then I'll just leave it alone as most of you have adviced ;)

Most of you would probably think it's really weird that I'm doing this but the scratches really bother me, since my camera is perfectly scratchless I dont want to have a lens with scratches all over the label.

Thanks for your comments.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.