Recommendation for Japanese Restaurant at Town area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haze said:
hey i really like your avator pic.. do u look like that kekkeekke
unfortunately, i'm not as hamsom as tony :bsmilie:

So no one try the japanese restaurant at Shenton way yet?

huh? brudder, i didn say $30 was cheap. but it IS cheap for japanese food. it's a well known fact that jap food is expensive. tts why i suggested the great world city basement restaurant (cant rem the name tho). i think they have very decent set meals for about $15~ thereabouts. it wont blow ur bank, its a nice place wiht cushion seats, not the best ambience, but good enough.

my dad loves jap food, and he says tt place is good. :) but one thing: don't try the Soba. i've not yet found nice soba in singapore tt can compare up to Osaka's :bsmilie:

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
huh? brudder, i didn say $30 was cheap. but it IS cheap for japanese food. it's a well known fact that jap food is expensive. tts why i suggested the great world city basement restaurant (cant rem the name tho). i think they have very decent set meals for about $15~ thereabouts. it wont blow ur bank, its a nice place wiht cushion seats, not the best ambience, but good enough.

my dad loves jap food, and he says tt place is good. :) but one thing: don't try the Soba. i've not yet found nice soba in singapore tt can compare up to Osaka's :bsmilie:

Oh.. i know which restaurant liao.. the one opposite sport shop. Siao liao cannot go there eat.. soba is my favourite ;<...

Haze said:
Oh.. i know which restaurant liao.. the one opposite sport shop. Siao liao cannot go there eat.. soba is my favourite ;<...

haha. im not sure. but its the one which sells cheese cake la. the fiesta cheese cake. i love soba too. but i dunno anywhere in spore whihc has good soba. i've gone to supposedly excellent and upmarket jap restaurants, but still their soba there is nowhere near osaka/japan soba.

where do u go for soba?

haha. im not sure. but its the one which sells cheese cake la. the fiesta cheese cake. i love soba too. but i dunno anywhere in spore whihc has good soba. i've gone to supposedly excellent and upmarket jap restaurants, but still their soba there is nowhere near osaka/japan soba.

where do u go for soba?

I never try Real Japanese Soba (never go to japan b4) so dun know what is good and no good :p

Haze said:
I never try Real Japanese Soba (never go to japan b4) so dun know what is good and no good :p

orh..haha...well, real japanese soba is like L lens. once u try, u will never turn back. :bsmilie:

but having said that, the great world restaurant has one of the better soba's in singapore. beats even some hotel's jap restaurants soba. yah but as i said, ive tried japanses soba...so...i'm not a good indicator. ;p

Hmm.... How abt Raffles City? There's a Japanese family restaurant there, Hisamoto. Good service, nice food and its cheap. :)

jsbn said:
Hmm.... How abt Raffles City? There's a Japanese family restaurant there, Hisamoto. Good service, nice food and its cheap. :)

dun like hisamoto.. it's the first jap restaurant i tried ;p

Eh? So bad? I thought its quite ok.

U too food fussy lah. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Eh? So bad? I thought its quite ok.

U too food fussy lah. :bsmilie:

no.. u misunderstood. i want to try those that i have not try ma :)

Just slightly out of town area, you can try Ikoi restaurant at Miramar hotel. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dreamseeker said:
Just slightly out of town area, you can try Ikoi restaurant at Miramar hotel. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Opposite Grand capthorne hotel right? near my home ;D.. do you know how much is the buffet? If a la cart.. will be roughly how much

If I not mistaken about $30+ for the ala carte buffet. Very crowded normally especially on weekends. Better book early to get place. tel: 6887 3788

dreamseeker said:
If I not mistaken about $30+ for the ala carte buffet. Very crowded normally especially on weekends. Better book early to get place. tel: 6887 3788

ok thanks... tmr will call and book.. the birthday dinner is tmr :D..
last question, worth to eat the ala carte buffet or ala carte? we normally like to eat alot of salmon.. i like soba too and prawn..scallop

Some restaurant .. buffet dun give slice salmon.. they give salmon with rice

where do u go for soba?

Try the Japanese at Raffles hotel and another one opp the Revenue house, i forgot the names. they have good soba.
I will try to get the names for u. ;)

The buffet is ala carte style. You order what you want to eat & they serve. eat finish order again.
So far I've been there, they have never stop serving me salmon sashimi. (about 6 plates) :bsmilie:

If you book only tomorrow, not sure you will get a place. Try your luck!

dreamseeker said:
The buffet is ala carte style. You order what you want to eat & they serve. eat finish order again.
So far I've been there, they have never stop serving me salmon sashimi. (about 6 plates) :bsmilie:

If you book only tomorrow, not sure you will get a place. Try your luck!

ah .. if book now.. still open?

Nisa said:
Try the Japanese at Raffles hotel and another one opp the Revenue house, i forgot the names. they have good soba.

Thank you.. :D..

Nisa said:

Kaisan?

Status
Not open for further replies.