Real Monk or Fake Monk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well summarized. I have nothing against vegetarian practitioners. But those who do practice vegetarian on Buddhism grounds eating fake meat, well, that's just laughable.

You should try it too.

It is nice. :bsmilie:

chicken.jpg

monk in other countries like in thailand, they walk around in town with their bowl and people donate food, etc. but local "monks", they ask for "donation".. seriously i am sooooo tempted to give them my food when they approach at the hawker.. :bsmilie:

anyway, who have seen monks queing to buy 4D? and those 'nuns' dress in white alighting from some van just like the carpark attendants, and queing at the ATM cash deposit machines?

Fake!!!

mahayana monk with eyebrows!! omg!

If only all of us stop giving them $$$ none will do it...

No $$$ No do!

I think you need to improve in your composition skill.

I heard from my friend that some became monk for few years and after they earn enough from funerals, they "huan su" become rich man liao. Good short term career?? :)

I heard from my friend that some became monk for few years and after they earn enough from funerals, they "huan su" become rich man liao. Good short term career?? :)

The monks that came to my grandmother's funeral rode in an Merc S class, bigger than mine at home :bsmilie:

But than again, could be a donated car from their rich devotees :sweat:

Saw the monk at clarkequay tis morning, maybe he'll earn more than me today..haiz..

real monks 过午不化... i.e. they won't go out and 化缘 after lunch time... also, 化缘 only applicable to food and drinks... they can take cold hard cash...

he might knows the rules therefore he change clothes at that time... no idea he's real or not...

the cap photoshop was the funniest crap i saw today
i LOL-ed.

LOLS.. you can work as a great spy! :bsmilie:

To apprehend these fake monks, please read this (got it from an email newsletter I receive):

What if you see bogus monastics on the streets of Singapore asking for money – pretending they need funds for food, building projects and such? If there is only one single thing you should do, it is to call the cops at 999, to request the police to come in plain clothes. Why? Well, I called the cops to arrest two bogus ‘monks’ standing outside Waterloo Street’s Guanyintang temple with begging bowls. But they had informers, who alerted them of the approach of obviously uniformed cops – some 100 metres away. (It was comical to see them pull up their robes and flee though.) It’s easy - just describe the location to the cops. You don’t have to stay around or watch what happens if you don’t have time. There’s no need to make any statement too.......(to be continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.