Questions about imac

Status
Not open for further replies.
once you have worked on OSX for your digital imaging, you will know why Macs are the industry 's favorite.

actually , hearing from you guys, the more i wouldnt want to lay my hands on apple coms.
i mean seriously if something gets conked...i cant imagine the repairs, not to mention the down time, the repair time and blah.

for pc, anything conk, SLS/funan is just a drive away.

correct me if i am wrong.

If u are toking abt dist, Apple Authorized Service centres are in town or AMK

If u are toking abt getting help on repairing, I dunno how good or creditable are those SLS pple. They can get ur PC up, but how much are u going to pay? Mac-wise, every cost if from AppleSG itself. ANd where can u get things like extended warranty for DIY PCs?

I dunno, I do feel getting DIY is a cheaper solution for me in the past. Now as time goes by, I dun wan to troubleshoot things, even if i have the skill. I dun wan to waste time on this kind of things. So thats where a Mac comes in. At least Apple has a name to keep if their authorized dealers/service centres are trying to play with u. SLS pple? U can watch CNA's Get Real program on SLS retailers' service and see how they behave.

Since u already spend a bomb on ur PC, use it. Unless u have spare cash, get a 20" iMac at least to try. U can sell if off easily, as its resell value is much higher as compared to PCs

as for service of SLS, yes...i know.:cry:

well jeanie.. if u noticed.. most mac users jus keep on sticking to macs.. there must be a reason why :)

Ha ha... you're right. Even after my iMac has gone "kaput", I'm still hopeing to get another Mac... but maybe this time an MacBook or PowerBook. My wife thinks I'm NUTS! :bsmilie:

So why make urself paying ur petrol and ur humanity to suffer the wits of these SLS ah beng traders?

well, it's a quick fix solution.
you get the goods, you get out, you get home,you pop the replacement.
things work.

i'm sure apple has their competents mechanics/technicians to do the after sales services but i just cannot tahan the down time.

i'm a rather impatient gal:p

well, it's a quick fix solution.
you get the goods, you get out, you get home,you pop the replacement.
things work.

i'm sure apple has their competents mechanics/technicians to do the after sales services but i just cannot tahan the down time.

i'm a rather impatient gal:p

2 reasons.

had a good friend's bd coming up and she loves the mac but was never able to afford one.
so i'm just thinking of getting one for her.she studies designing so thought it would be a great gift.

2nd reason, i may want one myself.:bsmilie:
pardon me for asking, but...

if your friend is studying, won't the downtime affect her as well? especially when deadlines are due and she still have to hustle with SLS ppl to get her comp fixed. with no guarantee it will work flawlessly after repair. (driver conflicts, reformats, reinstallations etc etc)

in that case, i would really recommend a Mac and Apple Care for her. let the experts take care of it. plus the fact she's a design student (be it graphics, multimedia, fashion etc), she will begin to appreciate the fact why Macs are the design industry's favorite.

pardon me for asking, but...

if your friend is studying, won't the downtime affect her as well? especially when deadlines are due and she still have to hustle with SLS ppl to get her comp fixed. with no guarantee it will work flawlessly after repair. (driver conflicts, reformats, reinstallations etc etc)

in that case, i would really recommend a Mac and Apple Care for her. let the experts take care of it. plus the fact she's a design student (be it graphics, multimedia, fashion etc), she will begin to appreciate the fact why Macs are the design industry's favorite.

i'll take it into consideration.thanks:)

need help again:cry:

just bought the imac.when i pop in a dvd to play, the colors are beautiful.

but!when i pop into my pc with a mac display LCD, the colors are horrible.
skin tones on dvd movie becomes very reddish.

can someone please tell me why?

my graphics card is GEforce7600GT.should be able to power the apple display right?:cry:

Help Help Help Help Help!

the screen needed adjustment to look good on the pc, as simple as that. there shud be a menu for u to adjust colours, brightness, etc from the 7600 ctrl software.

the Gamma setting is different to begin with.

since u already bought it, then dun swap between computers.

have fun. :)

a piece of advice about the service centre at AMK for Mac servicing and repair. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!! though they are located at Apple AMK they're third party vendors. very bad experience there not just from me but also from other mac users that i know.. the one at wheellock or diversitec is a better bet.

the screen needed adjustment to look good on the pc, as simple as that. there shud be a menu for u to adjust colours, brightness, etc from the 7600 ctrl software.

the Gamma setting is different to begin with.

since u already bought it, then dun swap between computers.

have fun. :)

but if i adjust the colors using the software, wouldnt it affect the spyder calibration?:cry:

i bought the mac to see if i could get use to it.i'm still more of a pc person.:cry:

but if i adjust the colors using the software, wouldnt it affect the spyder calibration?:cry:

i bought the mac to see if i could get use to it.i'm still more of a pc person.:cry:

the way mac display & pc display is diff, very much like NTSC vs PAL kind of theory.

yes, if u adjust the display settings using the nvidia software, spyder calibration will be off.

another reason why i dun recommend switching sys, office on mac & win MAY cause formatting in docus to be display diff. the older office confirm has this issue (i've encountered it many times), not sure about the newer mac office 04 thats why i say 'may'.

stick to one sys unless necessary to use the other.

lastly, i dun view DIY comp as a pain cos i can replace a damage part within 2hrs with a trip down SLS, but for mac... lets juz ask how many hardware faults can be repaired in 2hrs? so i'll rather run mac on a pc then a pc on a mac. :lovegrin:

a piece of advice about the service centre at AMK for Mac servicing and repair. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!! though they are located at Apple AMK they're third party vendors. very bad experience there not just from me but also from other mac users that i know.. the one at wheellock or diversitec is a better bet.

Really?

Been there a couple of times, so far so good :)

Club21 ishop is the worst. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

which is.... illegal... :rolleyes:

how diff is it from running xp on a mac?

how many mac users actually go out to buy a legal copy of xp to put inside their macs? none of my mac frens want a copy of xp on their mac cos they r mac fans to begin with. a few who tried were using chiong copies juz to try out bootcamp, & conveniently left it inside. users who used to own a pc from maybe dell or hp or DIY, now switch to mac, their copies also not legal cos 1 license for i computer irregardless u still use it or not. (those from reptable brands r not likely to be able to install into the mac cos its a recovery disc strictly only for the model they bot, not an actual installable copy)

apple show rooms (certified & licensed by apple to be dealers) actually showed non apple certified hardware (viewsonic LCDs, Atec mouse, speakers, etc) running on the macs, in fact for all kinds of macs. legal? displaying them publicly somemore.

so where do u draw the line? for me, as long as u paid for your copy, i dun care how u want to use it, even on an new Amiga computer.

how diff is it from running xp on a mac?

how many mac users actually go out to buy a legal copy of xp to put inside their macs? none of my mac frens want a copy of xp on their mac cos they r mac fans to begin with. a few who tried were using chiong copies juz to try out bootcamp, & conveniently left it inside. users who used to own a pc from maybe dell or hp or DIY, now switch to mac, their copies also not legal cos 1 license for i computer irregardless u still use it or not. (those from reptable brands r not likely to be able to install into the mac cos its a recovery disc strictly only for the model they bot, not an actual installable copy)

apple show rooms (certified & licensed by apple to be dealers) actually showed non apple certified hardware (viewsonic LCDs, Atec mouse, speakers, etc) running on the macs, in fact for all kinds of macs. legal? displaying them publicly somemore.

so where do u draw the line? for me, as long as u paid for your copy, i dun care how u want to use it, even on an new Amiga computer.

XP/Vista were designed to be run on ANY machine with an Intel CPU. Mac OS X was intended to be run on nothing other than a mac.

Don't insinuate unnecessarily. I for one purchased the Vista Home Premium to run with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.

And what the hell does using non-apple certified ACCESSORY hardware such as monitors have anything to do with legalities???

XP/Vista were designed to be run on ANY machine with an Intel CPU. Mac OS X was intended to be run on nothing other than a mac.

Don't insinuate unnecessarily. I for one purchased the Vista Home Premium to run with Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.

And what the hell does using non-apple certified ACCESSORY hardware such as monitors have anything to do with legalities???

ok then, register as a developer. that way, its legal to run mac os on other hardware. apple has actually opened a back door for such "illegal" activitites.

what about internal network cards? SAN? classified as accessories? so what then is mac hardware? my understanding was non mac certified hardware is consider illegal. i worked & know of big corporates running macs with their old pc hardware including SANs. where do u draw the line of accessories & hardware? monitor, keyboard & mouse i viewed as neccessities to run a comp & thus, hardware, not accessories. i view anti glare plastic sheets where u put in front of ur screen for radiation protection, an accessory.

for anyone who think or dun feel comfortableabout it illegal, then dun do anything. may it be mc on pc or pc on mac. nobody forces u to.

cool it guys.please dont cause my thread to be locked as i have tons of imac and mac queries.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.