Preview: Panasonic GX-1

Thanks for the amazing photos! I'm assuming you are using the kit lens?

And any indication of local price at all?

pluginbaby said:
Thanks for the amazing photos! I'm assuming you are using the kit lens?

And any indication of local price at all?

I will update the images with shooting details and lens used, I brought along a total of 4 lenses, that is something I will not do with a dslr

Looking forward to seeing more low ISO images from GX1, say 1600-6400 shots? Panasonic sensor I usually won't go beyond 800 on my GF1 but was hoping that GX1 could be a pleasant surprise if not will stick the limit at same ISO800.

Looking forward to seeing more low ISO images from GX1, say 1600-6400 shots? Panasonic sensor I usually won't go beyond 800 on my GF1 but was hoping that GX1 could be a pleasant surprise if not will stick the limit at same ISO800.

hi ISO picture samples, but do note that the unit that i am using is a pre production unit and the one in the shops might be different.
ok some 100% pixel peeping crops?

i would say ISO 800 and ISO1600 is still ok, normally i do not need to shoot beyond that

ok i have just shot some ISO image test shot, but be reminded that
the camera that i am holding is a "PRE PRODUCTION UNIT" and NOT the same as the final camera that will be on the shelves
the results are only indicative of what this camera can do, i am sure the final unit would have had some adjustments.

will post later, if i can or by tonight

:cool:

Cool, thanks man.. appreciate your time and effort you do for us.

iso test shots from a pre production panasonic gx-1, do note that this is just indicative of what the camera is capable of, the final product should be better

isotest1.jpg

the full image

below are 100% crops for pixel peeping

1601.jpg

2002.jpg

4002.jpg

8001.jpg

Doesn't seem like I'd use 1600 often if I get it. Hopefully the actual camera will work better and I can change what I currently think about the image quality.

Doesn't seem like I'd use 1600 often if I get it. Hopefully the actual camera will work better and I can change what I currently think about the image quality.
Seeing that it is 100% crop, it still looks ok at ISO1600, shadow details still good. But I might still limit mine when I get the camera at ISO800.

Anyone knows when this will ship to our stores?

reports for hwz says, it'll be $1299 for 14-42X lens, $1299 for 14+14-42 lens and $899 body only.

actually it depends on what the pictures are for. for holiday and family snaps it is more than good enough

Woohoo I am impressed, stay tuned, will start to post pictures tonight

Results look really good indeed. But to be honest, guys like you can take excellent photos w/ any camera available on the market :)

Used to have a GF1, after using a G3 for a couple of months, I just can't get back to a GF camera anymore.

P1000207.jpg

ISO160 1/800s f/9 Lens Model: LUMIX G VARIO PZ 14-42/F3.5-5.6

P10002232.jpg

ISO160 1/125s f/3.5 Lens Model: LUMIX G VARIO PZ 14-42/F3.5-5.6

is the AF fast? what do you think
P10002363.jpg

ISO160 1/800s f/7.1 Lens Model: LUMIX G VARIO 45-200/F4.0-5.6

P1000252.jpg

ISO160 1/640s f/9 Lens Model: LUMIX G VARIO PZ 14-42/F3.5-5.6

P10002811.jpg

ISO160 1/640s f/9 Lens Model: LUMIX G VARIO PZ 14-42/F3.5-5.6

Hi, are these out of camera Jpegs? I am impressed by the colors!

fengwei said:
Results look really good indeed. But to be honest, guys like you can take excellent photos w/ any camera available on the market :)

Used to have a GF1, after using a G3 for a couple of months, I just can't get back to a GF camera anymore.

I used the g3 for a little while, I still prefer this gx-1, it just feels better to me.

Btw I was there with my family and not on a photography trip, so no specially created scenes, just what I happen to see, I did not even get to witness the sunset at the pinnacles, I heard that it is spectacular.

I used the g3 for a little while, I still prefer this gx-1, it just feels better to me.

I liked GF1 better than G3 too when I only played G3 for a short while. But after I played the camera for a while longer, it just works better for me, well, except the look. And I still think GF1 looks better than GX-1.