<Preview> Olympus mZD 40-150mm F2.8

wonglp

Staff member
Jul 20, 2007
Bukit Batok
Hi All,

Just test run the new Olympus mZD PRO 40-150mm F2.8 lens initial production set, sharing some shots here which I posted on the event page tomorrow at Olympus. Just a couple of slots left, sign up fast!

All with EM10.

Wide open, 150mm F2.8. ISO 250. No TC was used. OOC Jpeg.

Crop of the above.

64mm @ F2.8, ISO200. 1/200. OOC jpeg

The shot of DOF you can expect even at full body length at 150mm F2.8. ISO 200. I find it to be a contrasty lens.

Come sign up just left a few slots.

A few more

Bokeh of this lens wide open, EM10. OOC jpg.

Pretty close focusing!

Fast focusing!

This lens is going to be the one like EM5, a game changer and I'm sure people will pick up the EM1 just to buy this lens :)

whoa.. can this replace the 75 1.8... hmm.....

whoa.. can this replace the 75 1.8... hmm.....

If you can handle the bigger size of it and wanna have zoom/reach, it is the lens to have, the built is great, 75mm you would be cautious about it for certain conditions, this one can handle harsher conditions :)

Wow, wow, wow, it's a wow wow lens!

If you can handle the bigger size of it and wanna have zoom/reach, it is the lens to have, the built is great, 75mm you would be cautious about it for certain conditions, this one can handle harsher conditions :)

Lol, basically, whoever complains that this lens is heavy, I will dare you to carry my gear, the first time I carried the lens, even with the lens hood, it's so light! Not being sarcastic, and the quality is jaw dropping, I am seriously tempted to switch back now

Lol, basically, whoever complains that this lens is heavy, I will dare you to carry my gear, the first time I carried the lens, even with the lens hood, it's so light! Not being sarcastic, and the quality is jaw dropping, I am seriously tempted to switch back now

Ok , anyone who has shot with me will know I can't stand heavy equipment lol.

I handled Spidey's gear for 10 mins , and pain !!

And I handled the 40-150/2.8 with EM1 and yes, it's a very manageable weight , even for me.

Ok

See u tom. Have special price if I buy one of those demo piece?? hehe

Haha. I got weak hands lor....

Ok tmr Keith, Matthew (spidey89) & myself will be helping out indoor and outdoor. Look forward meeting those who are coming!

Tomorrow will be a fun day, bring your SD card if you got no E-M1!

Yeah, in case anyone miss this info from the other thread

"There will be at least 10 sets of 40-150 for outdoor shoot. For those who has Olympus Cameras, please bring your own camera, it's best balanced with EM1. EM5 with grip is fine too. EM10 with grip a little stretch. Personal SD cards are allowed There will be a few sets of EM1 + EPL7 for those who don't own Olympus camera. All will be first come first serve basis.

30pax will be split to 2 groups, indoor and outdoor. Outdoor will be testing 40-150/2.8 and indoor will have demo on tethering. "

Yeah, in case anyone miss this info from the other thread

"There will be at least 10 sets of 40-150 for outdoor shoot. For those who has Olympus Cameras, please bring your own camera, it's best balanced with EM1. EM5 with grip is fine too. EM10 with grip a little stretch. Personal SD cards are allowed There will be a few sets of EM1 + EPL7 for those who don't own Olympus camera. All will be first come first serve basis.

30pax will be split to 2 groups, indoor and outdoor. Outdoor will be testing 40-150/2.8 and indoor will have demo on tethering. "

It helps to train to support the weight with your left hand, which is what one should be doing anyway,that's what microcosm taught me

confession... i just realized i used the lens as a prime lens (forgot to zoom in/out)

Last edited:
confession... i just realized i used the lens as a prime lens (forgot to zoom in/out)

But your exif says different FL leh! haha. Nice shots Tok!