PowerEx Batteries.. Comex

Status
Not open for further replies.
my powerex died and never revive even though charger is with the function.

I find the PowerEx 2700mAH better in terms of longer-lasting life per charge and that is key when you're shooting events which demand for prolong use of your flashgun.

PowerEx 2700 when you need the RAW power... can hoot longer

Imedion if you are a low or infrequent user... can keep on shelf longer...

Btw, I just bought the C801. Looks quite nice on the table charging all the free Imedions... :bsmilie:

Rule of thumb for selecting charger:
- don't go for the fast chargers. Those 1-hr charger will heat up the batteries and cause it to deteriorate faster.
- some chargers can charge single battery such as C801D and some will need to charge them in pair. Use same capacity batteries on those can only charge in pairs as the charger will stop charging once it sense one of the battery is full so your higher capacity battery will never get fully charged.
- look for chargers that can provide trickle charge so you can top up the batteries if they stayed on the shelf unused for a while.
- look for chargers that can provide recondition mode to revive dead batteries.

Yes strongly agree with your pointers. GP used to be in my top list of rechargeable batt choice but after using Sanyo eneloop i would have dumped all my GPs if it weren't for my initial investment in the quick charger. Take your time to charge the batteries. 2~4 hours to top up a couple of 2700mH should be alright. Eneloop batteries are lower self-discharge rechargeables compare to GP rechargeables. So better go for lower self discharge type of rechargeables if you are not using the batteries that often.

Now all my home's clocks, my cams run on rechargeables and i almost forgotten when was the last years i bought an alkaline and the last time i threw a battery away into the bin.

Plan to get C801 as well, tonight, around 6pm I guess.
And I hv 8 old AA and 8 old AAA to trade in.
Since the charger C801 come with 8 AA, I think I only need trade in my AAA for another 8 pcs.
Any one want my AA old battery? Will give u for free :)

My bad, seem the trade in offer only for AA batt.
If I get AAA seem fix at $16

My bad, seem the trade in offer only for AA batt.
If I get AAA seem fix at $16
im also interested in trading for AAA, hopefully they got the "$4" trade-in value as well... haven visit them yet

I get my AA at $16 after trade in old batt, for AAA no trade-in offer :(

would like to check with you guys wat comes with your 801D charger?
as in paper instruction..

g.card
FAQ
instruction
only 3 pieces of paper? does it have a manual booklet or something>?

would like to check with you guys wat comes with your 801D charger?
as in paper instruction..

g.card
FAQ
instruction
only 3 pieces of paper? does it have a manual booklet or something>?

Nope... dun think u need one

allright tks

Hi Guys,

1) Do you know when the trade-in is available to?
2) Where can i do the trade in?

Thanks.

I think it's over now... but you can check with Eastgear if they still accept.

I went there on the last day of Comex and traded in for the PowerEx 2700. ;) I prefer the PowerEx 2700 over the Imedions, so it was a good deal for me... :)

Ok. Thanks. I still see their advert on CS, so i am wondering...

Call them and find out... ;)

And you can help the rest of us here too... :)

THanks guys~ bought the 801D during comex few days back. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.