Photoshop CS4 for only $99 (Adobe CS 4 web premium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, the last time i actually printed an eula and read it was 13 years ago when i got my 1st PC! do u all need it if just for personal use?

dun u find that this eula thingy requires too high a command of english, not to mention within legal/software domain, in order to understand them thoroughly?

and it's so long...

To make things simpler, read this, its in layman terms and whether you are legible to purchase and use or not is very clear.

However, I am very puzzled that although its stated that Uni students/teachers are not eligible for this bundle, but its been sold in NTU Computer Shop (click under "Product" then "Software" and scroll all the way down) and they specifically stated its for NTU Staff and Student....some more cheaper by $1 at only $98!:bsmilie::bigeyes:

wow, the last time i actually printed an eula and read it was 13 years ago when i got my 1st PC! do u all need it if just for personal use?

dun u find that this eula thingy requires too high a command of english, not to mention within legal/software domain, in order to understand them thoroughly?

and it's so long...

I have found a link from Adobe (SG) later linked to Adobe international, which says CS4 Web Premium is available for Higher Education at a discounted price. I think NTU is selling under this license. The one TS stated is another License which is for MOE student/teacher, which is marketed by www.mine.com.sg (thats why its stated its only for MOE).

http://www.adobe.com/ap/education (see all the way down and click on higher education)

http://www.adobe.com/ap/education/products/creativesuite/web/ (click on "Licensing options for higher education" some where in the middle)

Hope this is right.:)

Last edited:
Final Confirmation. I have called up Adobe Hot Line 800 636 3020 and was told that NTU Staff and Student can enjoy the Education Bundle. Just purchase from NTU Computer Shop, then follow the link below to obtain a Serial Number to activate the license:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/education/students/studentedition/order_fulfillment.html

So, MOE or NTU, no problem! Cheers!

Hi, I have investigated and its all very clear. If you are MOE student/teacher, buy from www.mine.com.sg (with activation). If you are an NTU student/staff, buy from www.8flags.com.sg and activate as per the link given. You can continue to use (non commercial) the software even if you have graduated/resign from MOE/NTU.

If you are not of the above categories, then you may have to buy the public version...that's that.;);p

Hi ortega and Jacob,
Many thanks for the advice. Very grey area.

lastboltnut: thanks. but it stated as
*For NTU student & staff purchases for soft bundling only, limited to one per matric card or staff card only *
So wat is the soft bundling? Becuz I got this s/w for free wif purchase of my laptop in NTU.

I guess it is meant to be illegal if u r non-moe staffs/student. But it is still original and u can still do updating all tat becuz the one & only license is installed in 1 pc still (unless u go install multiple pc)

But 1 thing to take note is, if they happen to be so FREE to go check on u (non-moe staff/student)... then u r super sway. Tat's the risk ba?

I assumed you are an NTU Staff/Student since you can purchase the Laptop from 8flags. Then just follow the link I posted to register to get the serial number to activate your Education license.
lastboltnut: thanks. but it stated as
*For NTU student & staff purchases for soft bundling only, limited to one per matric card or staff card only *
So wat is the soft bundling? Becuz I got this s/w for free wif purchase of my laptop in NTU.

For the MOE bundle marketed by www.mine.com.sg, if you are not an MOE student/staff, they won't give you the license in the first place (you need to fill up a form to purchase from them). Without the license, its as good as a 30 trial installation only...
I guess it is meant to be illegal if u r non-moe staffs/student. But it is still original and u can still do updating all tat becuz the one & only license is installed in 1 pc still (unless u go install multiple pc)

Then whats the point of spending close to $100 to get the same risks as a $10 "chiong" copy? Its the piece of mind, get a proper license.:)
But 1 thing to take note is, if they happen to be so FREE to go check on u (non-moe staff/student)... then u r super sway. Tat's the risk ba?

It is also applicable for primary and secondary school students rite? So does that not mean they can install at home, and anyone at home can use it? And one day these kids are gonna graduate from their pri/sec schools, and since there is no issue about continual use - means they can continue to use it. Is this then legal if anyone who has a child/sibling who fits the criteria to buy and use at home?

U are right that every family with a schooling kid (up to JC) can purchase...however, I think strictly speaking, only the child can use for non-commercial purpose......:sweat:

It is also applicable for primary and secondary school students rite? So does that not mean they can install at home, and anyone at home can use it? And one day these kids are gonna graduate from their pri/sec schools, and since there is no issue about continual use - means they can continue to use it. Is this then legal if anyone who has a child/sibling who fits the criteria to buy and use at home?

U are right that every family with a schooling kid (up to JC) can purchase...however, I think strictly speaking, only the child can use for non-commercial purpose......:sweat:

i wonder why the licenses don't explicitly explain these things so that there is no confusion, rather than leaving the customers to guess.
For example - if only the school kid can use the s/w they should say it clearly, something like:"Only the school kids can use the $99 software at home. Any other member of the family need to buy another PC, or login to another user account without using the software"
or otherwise if everybody at home can use it: "This software, once purchased for the qualified student, may be installed on a single computer, but accessed by anyone else on the same computer for non-commercial purposes."

If they are willing to write their license requirements in clear English - then they can reduce their support/customer service calls as people would not be confused.

i wonder why the licenses don't explicitly explain these things so that there is no confusion, rather than leaving the customers to guess.
For example - if only the school kid can use the s/w they should say it clearly, something like:"Only the school kids can use the $99 software at home. Any other member of the family need to buy another PC, or login to another user account without using the software"
or otherwise if everybody at home can use it: "This software, once purchased for the qualified student, may be installed on a single computer, but accessed by anyone else on the same computer for non-commercial purposes."

If they are willing to write their license requirements in clear English - then they can reduce their support/customer service calls as people would not be confused.

It is written very clearly in the EULA, unless one you fail to read. Please do not push the blame.

This thread will be closed as the original purpose of the thread is deemed to be contrary to any legitimacy in using the software. And we in CS do not encourage it. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.