Photographers getting the rap again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You organise cosplay for others to appreciate, not for photogs mah.

Photography fees is to deter "free-for-all" orgy by restricting photogs. Some of those cosplayers are stressed out with constant photography...even models/talents have rest.
Restriction of flash is because they are not talents/models anyway, why must they suffer paparazzi cams flashing.

Third point is just joking lah... but the idea is to have sufficient distance between photogs and cosplayers.
If charge "photography fee" then there will be a "since I paid, I'm ENTITLED to shoot" mentality. The situation will be much worse.

If charge "photography fee" then there will be a "since I paid, I'm ENTITLED to shoot" mentality. The situation will be much worse.

depends on the T&C too right? ;)

You pay for photography fee (a right to take photos at a certain event)... it does not mean you are entitled to be almighty.

Juz like you pay to see F1, that doesn't mean you can see the race on the tracks...right?

depends on the T&C too right? ;)

You pay for photography fee (a right to take photos at a certain event)... it does not mean you are entitled to be almighty.

Juz like you pay to see F1, that doesn't mean you can see the race on the tracks...right?

ask you ar..

if a guy is unreasonable in one aspect, is it only natural to assume that he will be unreasonable, insensitive even when bound under a legal contract unless you keep flashing it in his face?

perhaps yes, it depends on the t&c, but i think we have always encountered many problems with regards to deliberate misunderstanding of contracts/agreements in our lives. as with any human-related event/factor, you can never, ever trust humans to follow rules/terms to a t :(

so maybe the contract may solve some problems.. believe me, it will uproot new ones as well. soon we will have cosplayers kbing about how photographers never follow t&c

ask you ar..

if a guy is unreasonable in one aspect, is it only natural to assume that he will be unreasonable, insensitive even when bound under a legal contract unless you keep flashing it in his face?

perhaps yes, it depends on the t&c, but i think we have always encountered many problems with regards to deliberate misunderstanding of contracts/agreements in our lives. as with any human-related event/factor, you can never, ever trust humans to follow rules/terms to a t :(

so maybe the contract may solve some problems.. believe me, it will uproot new ones as well. soon we will have cosplayers kbing about how photographers never follow t&c

I can't say what the exact implementation will be, but in principle it's to hold the photogs accountable for their actions. If not, they might be asked to leave the venue, regardless that they have already paid to shoot.

When business at "Services Offered / Wanted" section is bad, photographers turn to events to shoot for FOC/TFCD... Typical Singaporeans... Understood...

I ena buang by their equiment many times already and these photog happily rush and shoot,becoming so oblivious of their actions.:thumbsd:

When business at "Services Offered / Wanted" section is bad, photographers turn to events to shoot for FOC/TFCD... Typical Singaporeans... Understood...

MORE LIKE A CASE OF FOC EVENTS...
Tsk tsk.

I ena buang by their equiment many times already and these photog happily rush and shoot,becoming so oblivious of their actions.:thumbsd:
I just kena by 2 obnoxious CSers that day.

Saw 1 kid wif nice painted faces, ask mum can shoot or not, got permission already, I only trigger 1 frame, suddenly 2 CSers behind me turn around and push me and fire away. Din' even apologise.
Then as fast as they appeared, they turned around back into normal position, as if nothing happened like dat.

I somehow wish I can post their pics here. But I'm sure the mods will remove the post, just like wat happened to my ladder gang pic last time.

Saw 1 kid wif nice painted faces, ask mum can shoot or not, got permission already, I only trigger 1 frame, suddenly 2 CSers behind me turn around and push me and fire away. Din' even apologise.
Then as fast as they appeared, they turned around back into normal position, as if nothing happened like dat.

I somehow wish I can post their pics here. But I'm sure the mods will remove the post, just like wat happened to my ladder gang pic last time.

well, if they're caught in the act, non defamatory or degrading in nature. I don't think its much of a problem.

but i somehow think the pic of the people might be some 'infamous' character... u wanna risk it?

Shame the buggers. It's getting from bad to worse.

There are photographers out there who are a regular sight for sore eyes. And it's been spilling over into the cosplay community.

What do they think it is? Freefire zone? Get a life lah.

well, if they're caught in the act, non defamatory or degrading in nature. I don't think its much of a problem.

but i somehow think the pic of the people might be some 'infamous' character... u wanna risk it?

Do I smell a hint of immunity for certain individuals here? If they've done something that's been a nail in someone's back, too bad for them.

They should have made it a closed door event in which only cos players or invited photographers can attend. A known event especially in CS definitely will get attention from lots of tom, dick and harry photographers.

btw, i'm tom..... not! :bsmilie:

Then as fast as they appeared, they turned around back into normal position

, as if nothing happened like dat.

I think what u met were not photographers..NARUTO maybe??:bsmilie:

Bring a heavy gitzo and hold firm to it on up rushing people...confirm shoik..:lovegrin:

Do I smell a hint of immunity for certain individuals here? If they've done something that's been a nail in someone's back, too bad for them.

nope, just that sometimes it may equate to defamation... perhaps censor the eye and try not to use words that are defamatory or degrading in nature...

Ya know, most of the time, people get carried away, and they post pic of the guy in question, and say something like 'animal in male/female' or 'intellectually challenged'... if u get what i mean...

so they might end up getting a lawsuit, and its gonna make alot of work for us to submit IPs etc, makes it a very ugly sight, hence we just remove it just in case.

But if you guys are civil, i don't see why not... (purely my stand, not of any others)

nope, just that sometimes it may equate to defamation... perhaps censor the eye and try not to use words that are defamatory or degrading in nature...

Ya know, most of the time, people get carried away, and they post pic of the guy in question, and say something like 'animal in male/female' or 'intellectually challenged'... if u get what i mean...

so they might end up getting a lawsuit, and its gonna make alot of work for us to submit IPs etc, makes it a very ugly sight, hence we just remove it just in case.

But if you guys are civil, i don't see why not... (purely my stand, not of any others)

Well, you've got a valid point there. There's always a chance of a fiery witch-hunt claiming innocent parties all the time...

Oh well.

All these problems could be easily avoided if people were simply a little more courteous and considerate. It's a problem of upbringing, conditioning and conscious, selfish choices.

After reading all this next time If I am going to attend such a event I will not shoot the subject but Try to catch those ' seow on or rude photographer' in action. Tin tat will be more fun... hehe ;p

After reading all this next time If I am going to attend such a event I will not shoot the subject but Try to catch those ' seow on or rude photographer' in action. Tin tat will be more fun... hehe ;p
What event? Post on the "Exhibitions and Events" leh... See see look look... ;p

They should have made it a closed door event in which only cos players or invited photographers can attend. A known event especially in CS definitely will get attention from lots of tom, dick and harry photographers.

btw, i'm tom..... not! :bsmilie:
This is the most sensible suggestion so far. But of coz photogs will be on the losing end. Too bad. Coz of some irresponsible idiots, the rest suffer...

All these problems could be easily avoided if people were simply a little more courteous and considerate. It's a problem of upbringing, conditioning and conscious, selfish choices.
All these recent happenings have made me think twice b4 going for such events. Maybe its just better to bring yourself or go with friends, sans camera, and enjoy the event w/o joining the mad crowd of clickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.