pentax webstore singapore by emjay

fengwei said:
If only we could apply this to all parallel imported goods. But obviously it's not the case, especially for those parallel imported electronics (phones, cameras, laptops), unless the shops promise to honor certain period of warranty.

I don't think so. It most probably depends on where their business is located.

For those who got this good deal.
Please remember to get receipt with serial number on it.

If only we could apply this to all parallel imported goods. But obviously it's not the case, especially for those parallel imported electronics (phones, cameras, laptops), unless the shops promise to honor certain period of warranty.

Off Topic :

Hi Fengwei

My interpretation from the clauses is that it does. The terms does not distinguish between whether the item is parallel imported or not. Rather it applies to the local trader selling the goods.

Hence regardless of the origin, the trader is obligated to warrant the product it sells against manufacturing defects for at least 6 months.
This lemon law is quite powerful and was meant to ensure a trader does not have basis to give any excuses if he sells a defective product to a consumer. (eg, "its parallel imported", "its bought through 3rd party". "I am not the manufacturer". etc) I'm not a lawyer though, so maybe someone who is can confirm this?

If its confirmed, then the Emjay offer is quite good as you trade in half year warranty for a cheaper price. Its up to the buyer to decide if its worth it. I guess if the electronics do not fail within the first 2-3 weeks, then likely it will function without problems after that, well within the 6 mths limit. :)

Well, in that case it's even better to buy grey products 'cause they are covered by at least 6 mth warranty :D Someone should tell Emjay this.

The Lemon Law applies even for second hand goods or parallel imported goods. As an aside, technically even pets are also covered...
Every retailer doing business in Singapore is under the jurisdiction of the Lemon Law, so all Pentax products sold locally by whoever would be covered.
Given that a grey product is often indistinguishable from one with warranty, especially if it is photo gear, the issue of manufacturing defects is pretty much the same for both.
So I would buy grey in this case because I save upfront and the likelihood of problems cropping up within the warranty period is in my estimation pretty low.

How about transaction in BnS?
Scary to think that people can call you 5-6 months later asking for repair/refund.

In the lemon law guide, it is written that sellers can ask consumers to proof of purchase.
So better keep that receipt properly.
Wonder what if the company change name?

After taking advantage of the low price to get the DA40xs, I realise how well it matches the K-01. (Got the body 2nd-hand last year.) It also happens to be the first and only lens I bought new, besides the kit lens of my K100Ds eons ago and which doesn't count! ;)

I've always like primes, and was in love with the DA40 Limited I got for a friend before, and which I had the opportunity to use for a few days. So it shouldn't come as a surprise I like the xs version -- even smaller and flatter, which means I like it all the more. :)

Test shot of a.. brick-like object.

So now got warranty? ;p
k30-cover-webstore3.jpg

Do they also carry the K5IIS? Price?

I believe the camera/lens sold by emjay are parallel import. So it would have no warranty by Pentax Singapore. However, it should have the warranty cover by the original country. For example, if the sets are imported from HK, then it should have at least HK warranty. If really bad luck your camera has problem, at least the owner could still seek for repair from the country of origin.

Any of you guys want to check whether yours set is under warranty cover by which country, I can help here. PM me to discuss.

alternatively, like what was mentioned in an old thread, we can apply for international warranty from pentax usa. so, you can have it repaired if you happen to travel to usa.

I believe the camera/lens sold by emjay are parallel import. So it would have no warranty by Pentax Singapore. However, it should have the warranty cover by the original country. For example, if the sets are imported from HK, then it should have at least HK warranty. If really bad luck your camera has problem, at least the owner could still seek for repair from the country of origin.

Any of you guys want to check whether yours set is under warranty cover by which country, I can help here. PM me to discuss.

felixcat8888 said:
Only if you bought your lenses/cameras in USA then have international warranty

I think by the time we discuss warranty here , one year would have passed n the lens camera still working fine. :)

Last edited:
Maybe APDC the Singapore distributor could clarify this on their website so we know where to buy from.

jasonlel said:
Good one! :p

I actually find the speculation pointless (pardon for being straight forward here)

Just call up Emjay to clarify.
And it certainly would be good to share that info with others here. :)

A camera is sure to have warranty from one country or another.
At worst, it can be sent back to warranty of that country for servicing, but maybe Emjay does not want to deal with the hassle?
Or maybe that will send it back now to honor the lemon law and warranty??

As said, probably easiest for those interested to call up and ask.