pentax webstore singapore by emjay

Actually I'm kinda bemused by some of the comments here. Such a low price for a new item straight out of the box, yet still want warranty.
If you need peace of mind, go ahead and buy elsewhere where there is a warranty, but be prepared to fork out more and pay the recommended retail price.
At this price, who gives a hoot if it is a grey item with no warranty. This is even better than buying used on B&S because the goods are new.
I'm not surprised that their stocks are low because some kind soul here decided to spread the news on Pentaxforums.
If locals here have trepidation to buy, I can assure you others outside Singapore will snap up the deals because warranty or not, the prices are probably the best in the world at the moment.

Be cool bro...hahaha...human born to make mistake...everyone include you and me. Cheers...happy cny :)

Actually I'm kinda bemused by some of the comments here. Such a low price for a new item straight out of the box, yet still want warranty.
If you need peace of mind, go ahead and buy elsewhere where there is a warranty, but be prepared to fork out more and pay the recommended retail price.
At this price, who gives a hoot if it is a grey item with no warranty. This is even better than buying used on B&S because the goods are new.
I'm not surprised that their stocks are low because some kind soul here decided to spread the news on Pentaxforums.
If locals here have trepidation to buy, I can assure you others outside Singapore will snap up the deals because warranty or not, the prices are probably the best in the world at the moment.

you are probably emjay staff??
first of all nobody pays rrp nowadays hello....
emjay is one of the biggest traders in sg. suay for APD who are the new distributors and lucky for us consumers who have a choice to choose from....guaranteed set or grey.
grey exist in the market bcoz of price differentiation....arbitrage...
if price difference is not too huge, getting a local set gives me a piece of mind.
cheap and spoil after a day is also money down the drain!
and for electronics, anything can happen

you are probably emjay staff??
first of all nobody pays rrp nowadays hello....
emjay is one of the biggest traders in sg. suay for APD who are the new distributors and lucky for us consumers who have a choice to choose from....guaranteed set or grey.
grey exist in the market bcoz of price differentiation....arbitrage...
if price difference is not too huge, getting a local set gives me a piece of mind.
cheap and spoil after a day is also money down the drain!
and for electronics, anything can happen

Wow, suddenly some newbie who knows it all thinks I work for emjay... :bsmilie:

I agree with Dennis, just need to have the right mindset if buying at such a low price.
Just treat as if buying 2nd hand which also has no warranty.
But in this case its brand new and can be cheaper than some 2nd hand prices.

I agree with Dennis, just need to have the right mindset if buying at such a low price.
Just treat as if buying 2nd hand which also has no warranty.
But in this case its brand new and can be cheaper than some 2nd hand prices.

I would say its cheaper than 2nd hand in most cases. I was so tempted to buy the da40XS at $199!! But I mostly shoot with my X-E1 now so couldn't justify the purchase. :(

I've to agree with Creampuff and pinholecam..

At such a low price, warranty is still an issue? Gee... Don't buy from them then. Buy 2nd hand BNS at a slightly higher price and also, no warranty and used. C'mon guys, where's the logic?? -_-"... Liddat might as well make it a requirement for BNS lister to ensure that their stuffs MUST have valid warranty before they can list it up. Pff~

People like to have their cake and eat it too... That's life.

I'm a big sucker for grey products. :bsmilie:

SyncGuy said:
I've to agree with Creampuff and pinholecam..

At such a low price, warranty is still an issue? Gee... Don't buy from them then. Buy 2nd hand BNS at a slightly higher price and also, no warranty and used. C'mon guys, where's the logic?? -_-"... Liddat might as well make it a requirement for BNS lister to ensure that their stuffs MUST have valid warranty before they can list it up. Pff~

If warranty isn't an issue you can buy straight overseas. At least you have a warranty in case you urgently need it.

Base on what has being posted so far.
Buying from Emjay means checking on the spot.
Once deal done, Emjay will be without responsibility.

If individuals in BnS can sometimes offer personal 3-7 days warranty.
Emjay being a sizable company, should be able to do some exchange/refund during a reasonable period.
If a pasar malam stall, can take back defective item, don't see why can't Emjay.

As consumer, we just need to know what we're getting when we buy the products.
Since it's clear that there's no warranty, consumer just need to weight price vs warranty and judge.
Afterall its your money!!

Anyway, above are base on postings in this forum.
Actual experience may differ :)

Enough already.
No more free advertisement for Emjay from me ;)

While the prices seems attractive enough and that by itself is already a draw for many.
I am not sure as a retailer can they just mentioned no warranty and leave it as such. Won't this products be covered under the Singapore "lemon" laws? I am no expert on this and perhaps a more learned person can comment.

I had a time today so cancelled delivery and picked up myself, tested on spot no issue in my 40mmxs.
Very happy so far with this cute little thing :)

Ahren said:
While the prices seems attractive enough and that by itself is already a draw for many.
I am not sure as a retailer can they just mentioned no warranty and leave it as such. Won't this products be covered under the Singapore "lemon" laws? I am no expert on this and perhaps a more learned person can comment.

Yup, it has to be covered by the lemon law, grey or not doesn't matter.

Picked up my k30 body today

It's not by Emjay anymore.. No warranty but shutter count shows camera as new..

Good camera.. Enjoying it so far..
Not too much time to try it though

sobrietyanonymous said:

Congrats on the upgrade bro!! You made the right decision! :D

You certainly got it at a good price.

Thanks to the new "lemon law" , even if the retailer says no warranty, they are obligated to provide 6 months of warranty against defects not caused by the user for all new products. The law does not seem to differetiate between authorised or parallel imports.

http://www.case.org.sg/downloads/central/Lemon Law FAQs.pdf

So technically, all purchases from Emjay will enjoy 6 months "warranty" :)

Thanks to the new "lemon law" , even if the retailer says no warranty, they are obligated to provide 6 months of warranty against defects not caused by the user for all new products. The law does not seem to differetiate between authorised or parallel imports.

thanks for sharing!

If only we could apply this to all parallel imported goods. But obviously it's not the case, especially for those parallel imported electronics (phones, cameras, laptops), unless the shops promise to honor certain period of warranty.

any where else to get the ogps unit in singapore? i got quote from one local store, don't quite agreed with the pricing ... can get it a hell lot cheaper on amazon ...