Pentax User Photo Skills Workshop: Sat, 10 April 2010

Any chance that you will be conducting another workshop? Am really keen to join....

Any chance that you will be conducting another workshop? Am really keen to join....

We don't kow yet. It's been almost 2 years since our last one, and we planned to have at least one workshop every year. But seems things turned out not as planned :(

I don't mind talking about landscape PP, but mine is totally rudimentary.
I don't mind sharing, but my methods are all slip shod and a mish mash of cheapo/free software, so it may end up confusing the audience more.
(Yes, I don't use photoshop or LR)
Probably end up more a laughing stock for the more experience here.

The good, is that most stuff I use very fundamental items like layers, which form a basis on any PP program.
The bad is that some functions, the audience will have to find the equivalent on Photoshop.

Really really basic :
1. Levels
2. Curves
3. Highlight/shadow recovery
4. Dodge/Burn
5. Selective sharpening
6. HDR
7. Pano Stitching

We all know that there is only 1 prize winning Landscape expert here ;)
So if he's willing to show us some of his tricks, that would be the best.

If no one steps up, then I don't mind being the 'jester' to entertain for the time being. :D

I don't mind talking about landscape PP, but mine is totally rudimentary.
I don't mind sharing, but my methods are all slip shod and a mish mash of cheapo/free software, so it may end up confusing the audience more.
(Yes, I don't use photoshop or LR)
Probably end up more a laughing stock for the more experience here.

The good, is that most stuff I use very fundamental items like layers, which form a basis on any PP program.
The bad is that some functions, the audience will have to find the equivalent on Photoshop.

Really really basic :
1. Levels
2. Curves
3. Highlight/shadow recovery
4. Dodge/Burn
5. Selective sharpening
6. HDR
7. Pano Stitching

We all know that there is only 1 prize winning Landscape expert here ;)
So if he's willing to show us some of his tricks, that would be the best.

If no one steps up, then I don't mind being the 'jester' to entertain for the time being. :D

Sounds great! Hope some others would chip in too :)

If we do have another training session, everyone will be welcome. But the priority will be given to Pentax users (if got space constraint) ;)

Hahaha thanks thanks ! That's already good enough :D

signing up for the next training session... hopefully can be on a weekday or sunday... :D

wanna learn more from the pros here! :D

I can share my workflow, but need someone to provide laptop... It's all easy stuff, actually... :)

I can provide my laptop. But it only have Lightroom 3.

We don't kow yet. It's been almost 2 years since our last one, and we planned to have at least one workshop every year. But seems things turned out not as planned :(

Hmm...thats bad. Anyways will wait patiently for the next workshop.