Pentax Photo Marathon 2008 Photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chairman mao among all the weird gods or devils, i found this funny
IMGP5136.jpg

i am sure chairman mao would not feel out of place to be put together with deities and dragons. cos during his heydays, i am sure a lot of followers worship him like god. nice capture!

Last edited:
A feast for the eyes!

Great work, everyone!

If someone ever asks me if Pentax cameras/lenses can take great photos, I know where to direct them.. :)

desmond & zec
macro sifu, you two!! i was too busy admiring flowerpot macro setup in sbg. didnt shoot much though.

FW
can allow flowerpot to post a few of his masterpieces in pentax forum here since he shot with camera of another brand. otherwise we will not have the chance to admire flowerpot's work. can? :think:

hahaha...I'm not shifu..Mine is just hit or miss kind...BTW r u @ IMM earlier feeding the fishes with your leg? hahahaha

hahaha...I'm not shifu..Mine is just hit or miss kind...BTW r u @ IMM earlier feeding the fishes with your leg? hahahaha

macro are like that unless you have set up like flowerpot hahaha....

see me in imm never say hellow :kok:

k20d + 125
3125375458_91448acfe7.jpg

damsel fly?

k20d + 125
3124547137_aedcd533a9.jpg

Damsel fly 2

Still very harsh flash, not listening to fW's advise of not directing the flashing from top, but I guess I will have to be on ground level (which is all mud!).

Last edited:
Looks like a long, fun day! Too bad I missed this one, next month must try to make sure I'm free to join you guys again!

nice composition and color!

love the simplistic compo and colour of these shots. bro, you have a unique style. :thumbsup:

i like this one. :D

Thanks for the kind words.
I shot those since I found out that I couldn't shoot macro for nuts. Unless I have a 100mm macro and ring flash, that is. ;)

Here's a more complex composition.

3125412872_e4c63bde42.jpg

Is it autumn yet?

3124842434_f586cb2ffa.jpg

HDR anyone?
I messed up the alignment there. 1st HDR attempt though. This concludes the SBG portion.

Last edited:
macro are like that unless you have set up like flowerpot hahaha....

see me in imm never say hellow :kok:

hahaa...paiseh la..I was rushing off with a friend to do last min shopping and I saw 1 guy taking photo with the iphone =P Then I notice it's u =P I saw Joseph too..haha

k20d + 12-24
3125454116_4c0deec411.jpg

desmond bro on his street photography path ...

k20d + 12-24
3124625143_5596783de0.jpg

the tourist gal ... (and baracus is photographing behind the trishaw!)

des
tis series has the nostalgic feeling of film. must be very challenging to grapple with the focus, composition and exposure during shooting. the colour seems a bit off on those of the chess players, though. i dont know whether it is the light from the overhead canopy? :think:

For me, forcusing is the most challenging one when using this type of camera. The photos are developed and scanned by the lab. I leave them as it is and just resize and uploaded here without any PP to the photos.

I adjusted the colour for the 2nd pic, hope it is better now.:)

no sunset yet?
let me start:cool:
IMGP5362.jpg

rocks
IMGP5373.jpg

and trees
IMGP5374.jpg

widest i brought is 31, you guys with fisheye or 1224 surely have many stunning photos, expecting..:D

learned from bernard to switch WB setting for landscape, haha

Thanks for the kind words.
I shot those since I found out that I couldn't shoot macro for nuts. Unless I have a 100mm macro and ring flash, that is. ;)

Here's a more complex composition.

3125412872_e4c63bde42.jpg

Is it autumn yet?

3124842434_f586cb2ffa.jpg

HDR anyone?
I messed up the alignment there. 1st HDR attempt though. This concludes the SBG portion.

these two are beautiful and unique. look like an england country side. hdr hah? so, carrying a tripod doing day shot can be useful also!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.