Pentax K20D on show at PMA 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjamin (a professional fashion/model photographer who's been using Pentax since early last year) from PentaxForums already has the pre-released K20D in hands. Here is his first impression about the camera:

I really don't know where to start. This is a camera that is almost too quiet, if there is such a thing. Smooth and buttery response. The images shot at the mid iso settings are as clean as 100-160 on the K10D. The colour is magnificent. The noise levels at the top iso end of this camera are about the same as 640 to 1000 on the K10D. As I will not get in to specifics until the embargo has been lifted, I will say this. As an ex-Canon user and sponsored by them, I had an opportunity to use all of their products. This camera is as good or better than the Canon products. The noise shown in the upper iso area looks more like fine film grain than digital noise.

I am using a pre-production version and being firmware 0.39 there will be some upgrades. I have already sent my impressions to Pentax.

This is the best camera on the market today in the mid to upper mid price range. It will compete with the top of the line Nikon and Canon and will do so with no excuses. It won't be fair to compare this camera to the Canon 40D & Nikon D90 as this camera is out of their league and swims comfortably in the waters of the Canon 1D mk lll and Nikon D300...

None the less, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh and by the way. Better get a huge 4 Gig SD card as this baby produces files that are almost 50 percent larger than the K10D;)

Ben ;)

saw the iso3200 pic...looks :thumbsup:...hopefully my bonus is enough...in hibernation for very long liao...the rebellion is 48hrs away...now to get ready and load up all the ammo...

ammo loaded and ready to fire:bsmilie:

ammo loaded and ready to fire:bsmilie:

firers otot carry on...:bsmilie:

anyway seems like we dun have to wait very long for it to arrived...:)

Originally Posted by Tom M
I'll be traveling to England, France and then Spain for pleasure and photography. How badly will I need to bring this new camera and will it be available for me by May 1st?

I'll be shooting architecture and landscape almost exclusively. Also, will I need to rethink my lens choices at all? I only shoot wide to short telephoto. 50mm max
As far as I know at this time..way before May.

Ben

Need to reload AMMO again for this GUN...

Hahaha, youl be the 1st k20d'er of CS :)
Cant wait for the K20d hope the price wont go higher than 2500SGD :(

lol have to see if the price is reasonable or not
hopefully wont be higher than 2500SGD :sweat:

Definitely lower than 2500SGD -- at least in US market ;)

thats nice to know:D
gives us hope:bsmilie:

my guess its around 2000SGD...but that would be really stretching my budget...maybe i should look at K10D instead...anyone letting go...:)

my guess its around 2000SGD...but that would be really stretching my budget...maybe i should look at K10D instead...anyone letting go...:)

My wife is keeping the K10D GP (she likes its look ;)), but my K100D has to go ...

:think:
My wife is keeping the K10D GP (she likes its look ;)), but my K100D has to go ...

wah u tempt mi again...:think: can i reserved first...:bsmilie: but must wait till thursday to decide to go K20D or ur K100D...got discount or not...since 3rd hand liao...:bsmilie:

hehe
found this pic on the net
K20D_red.jpg

Good for you.:D Now it's still too early for me to decide. Waiting for the announcement.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.