Pentax K-01 / K-r support wireless flash ?

MichaelLee

May 19, 2003
JB, SG
read the manual that K-01 does not support wireless flash. alamak...i need that.
could K-r support wireless TTL flash with AF360FGZ

84_1314749934-1627058649_af360fgz_large.jpg

Yes, K-r can do as wireless P-TTL commander with build in (pop up) flash or by mounting another wireless P-TTL flash.

Yes, K-r can do as wireless P-TTL commander with build in (pop up) flash or by mounting another wireless P-TTL flash.

i see. so it is slave flash trigger. i could not do remote flash without build in (pop up) flash, right ?

without build in?

Wireless P-TTL is optical signal and using preflash to send flash control command to a or a group of remote flash.
So you need at least one flash as commander. This can be done either using build in or mounting another flash at camera body.
Nikon's famous flash system also using the same concept.

If you don't want commander flash to contribute at the exposure, you still can disable it.
But if you want to do without build in or using another flash, optical base wireless P-TTL is not for you. May be radio triggers.

without build in?

Wireless P-TTL is optical signal and using preflash to send flash control command to a or a group of remote flash.
So you need at least one flash as commander. This can be done either using build in or mounting another flash at camera body.
Nikon's famous flash system also using the same concept.

If you don't want commander flash to contribute at the exposure, you still can disable it.
But if you want to do without build in or using another flash, optical base wireless P-TTL is not for you. May be radio triggers.

noted. i came from Olympus where the cam can create a frequency to remote trigger TTL flash without the build in flash pop up. tot pentax also this function.