Pentax Digital SLR Cameras and Lenses

Hi Pentaxian, I need some help here. I'm going to buy a K-3 Body. I wonder if I should buy smc PENTAX-DA* 1:2.8 16-50mm ED AL [IF] SDM (about S$1470) or HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR. I was told that DA 20-40mm is not available in Singapore. Is it true?

Hi Pentaxian, I need some help here. I'm going to buy a K-3 Body. I wonder if I should buy smc PENTAX-DA* 1:2.8 16-50mm ED AL [IF] SDM (about S$1470) or HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR. I was told that DA 20-40mm is not available in Singapore. Is it true?

Hi AnnieM,

Maybe you could tell us what are you intending to shoot so we can roughly gauge and then recommend the various lenses to you. Come to our outings and get to know the different lenses and bodies.

I use the DA*16-50/2.8 as my "kit" lens for general shooting from landscapes, to candids, to flowers to portraits too.

Last edited:
Hi AnnieM,

Maybe you could tell us what are you intending to shoot so we can roughly gauge and then recommend the various lenses to you. Come to our outings and get to know the different lenses and bodies.

I use the DA*16-50/2.8 as my "kit" lens for general shooting from landscapes, to candids, to flowers to portraits too.

Hi Felixcat. Thanks! I've decided to go for DA*16-50 as my kit lens too. I usually use it for landscape (travel purpose), food, and potraits :)

Reactions: felixcat8888