Pentax Digital SLR Cameras and Lenses

To update, the new range :

1. K200D

main_image.jpg

http://www.pentax.jp/english/imaging/digital/slr/k200d/feature.html

2. K20D

main_image.jpg

http://www.pentax.jp/english/imaging/digital/slr/k20d/feature.html

hi pentaxians. thinking of jumping in. wld like to know the lenses available frm tamron, sigman, tokina etc that have pentax mounts .. can share wats available on the market?

hi pentaxians. thinking of jumping in. wld like to know the lenses available frm tamron, sigman, tokina etc that have pentax mounts .. can share wats available on the market?

Welcome to Pentax group.

Pentax own lenses at www.Pentaximaging.com
DA* 16-50mm F2.8
DA* 50-135mm F2.8
DA 40mm F2.8 Limited
DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
etc, etc . . .

Tamron have some like the 17-50mm F2.8, 18-250mm F3.5-6.3
Sigma have some like the 18-50mm F2.8, 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
Tokina have but i do not recall
Cosina
Vivitar
Ricoh
Chinon
Makinon
etc, etc . . .

Last edited:
Welcome to Pntax group.

DA* 16-50mm F2.8
DA* 50-135mm F2.8
DA 40mm F2.8 Limited
DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
etc, etc . . .

Cosina
Vivitar
Ricoh
Chinon
Makinon
etc, etc . . .

Not sure if the last 3 brands count.. mostly m42 mounts, dun think beginners will go for those. :bsmilie:

u've missed out voigtlander and carl zeiss

:embrass:
Welcome to Pntax group.

DA* 16-50mm F2.8
DA* 50-135mm F2.8
DA 40mm F2.8 Limited
DA 70mm F2.4 Limited
FA 77mm F1.8 Limited
etc, etc . . .

Cosina
Vivitar
Ricoh
Chinon
Makinon
etc, etc . . .

can someone share wats the difference between DA, DA*, FA, FA J lenses?
I only notice the DA* are the expensive ones that have larger aperture.

FA is the older consumer-level line designed for film, while DA is the newer line designed for APS-C digital sensors. D-FA lenses are designed for digital but compatible with full-frame film bodies.

FA* is the premium line featuring better optics, better build quality, weather-sealing, etc to warrant the higher price. DA* is the digital equivalent, uses SDM autofocus motor in the lens as well.

FAJ is the budget line without aperture ring to be used with automatic bodies.

The FA and DA Limited lines are distinctive all-metal prime lenses boasting superior image and build quality.

Not sure if the last 3 brands count.. mostly m42 mounts, dun think beginners will go for those. :bsmilie:

Ricoh, Chinon and Makinon all use K-mounts. I should know as I used to own a chinon CP-7m and have lenses from Makinon, Chinon, Ricoh and even Cosina (my first cam).

I am now eyeing a Ricoh XR-20SP in a 2nd hand shop :confused:

Hi, new to this stuff. Looking at 18-200mm lens from Pentax. How much does it cost? Will this be better than a Sigma lens. Currently using a second hand istDL. Thks.

Hi, new to this stuff. Looking at 18-200mm lens from Pentax. How much does it cost? Will this be better than a Sigma lens. Currently using a second hand istDL. Thks.

Welcome to Pentax Forum.

Pentax 18-250mm F3.5-6.3

Look at the other threads regarding pricing.

i have makinon manual 28mm in K-mount, bought from another CSer for $20.. it's great but a bit soft at the sides.. i don't have Pentax camera, my ME super is dead, mirror is up, can't use the winding lever, dunno what else is wrong.. hopefully i can revive it, but bro fatigue is busy i heard.. yeah, i use my pentax lenses (50mm f/1.7, makinon 28mm f/2.8 and 80-200 tokina RMC) on my nikon d70 with K to F adapter, they are solidly built (feels stronger than the plastic nikon lenses) and just love them so much..

Hi there... I just bought Pentax K-7 with DA17-70mm .... I can see that the diameter of this lens is 67mm .... when I see my friend who is using Nikon, the diameter of the lens is only 58mm .... just wonder if the diameter of the lens make any difference to the quality of the photos? :think:

Hi there... I just bought Pentax K-7 with DA17-70mm .... I can see that the diameter of this lens is 67mm .... when I see my friend who is using Nikon, the diameter of the lens is only 58mm .... just wonder if the diameter of the lens make any difference to the quality of the photos? :think:

no issues at all... good thing about pentax is most of its lenses uses small diameter filters. thus filter costs lower.

be weary about aperture size though, the smaller the f number the better you can go in darker places.

if lens filter thread diameter affects the Image quality of a picture, then LEICA should be in trouble...

i have makinon manual 28mm in K-mount, bought from another CSer for $20.. it's great but a bit soft at the sides.. i don't have Pentax camera, my ME super is dead, mirror is up, can't use the winding lever, dunno what else is wrong.. hopefully i can revive it, but bro fatigue is busy i heard.. yeah, i use my pentax lenses (50mm f/1.7, makinon 28mm f/2.8 and 80-200 tokina RMC) on my nikon d70 with K to F adapter, they are solidly built (feels stronger than the plastic nikon lenses) and just love them so much..

Can try Steven from Camera Workshop at Sunshine Plaza in Middle Road

Hi

I would like to know other than the known shops at simlim and funan or clubsnap, where do u guys purchase your lenses and accessories? Any recommendations? I saw websites that are place these new items for sales. Any one purchased these items(new or second hand) from any website(other than pentax webstore) before?

Thanks.

you mean clubsnap pentax buy and sell section

Buy/Sell: Pentax/Ricoh Equipment

Hi

I would like to know other than the known shops at simlim and funan or clubsnap, where do u guys purchase your lenses and accessories? Any recommendations? I saw websites that are place these new items for sales. Any one purchased these items(new or second hand) from any website(other than pentax webstore) before?

Thanks.