Pentax Camera Owner ..... Report !!!!

danst said:
Bodies - Z1p, MZS and istDs
Lenses - A20mm/2.8, FA50mm/1.4, Ltd77mm/1.8 black, FA135mm/2.8, FA24-90mm/3.5-4.5 and F70-210mm/4-5.6
Flashes - AF500FTZ and AF360

Hey, you got some nice lenses there. Wanna let go off some :think: Please let me know if you wanna sell any of your lenses ;) Especially the FA50mm and 77mm ;p

Cheers!

Any body interested in a MZ-S + BG-10 grip ??

Like brand new, 2 year, always in dry cabi, using nikon DSLR now.

PM me la

danst said:
How about your stuff, Kelvin? :angel:

My box contains (I think):-

Bodies:
Pentax Spotmatic II, MX, MZ-50, MZ-3, Z-1 (for sale)

Pentax glass:
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4 (M42), SMC-FA 50/1.4, SMC-M 40/2.8, Takumar-A 70-210/4 (for sale), Cosmicar-A 35-70/4

3rd party glass:
Carl Zeiss Jena 135/3.5 (M42), Mir-47k 20/2.5, Soligor 200/2.8 (for sale), Vivitar Series One 28-210/4.5-6.3

Flash:
Pentax AF500FTZ, Suntax 328DTZ

I wish I had (thought I probably will never buy):
Pentax SMC-A* 200/2.8, SMC-FA 77/1.8, SMC-FA* 24/2

How does the 77/1.8 really perform? Do you have any photos taken with this lens which I can see? I'm interested in the bokeh rendering.

hi

interested in your Pentax AF500FTZ. how much you selling. can sms me regarding your RP.

thank

dcp00750a.jpg

Where's the third "X" in the series? ;-)

I met up with HongSien once and handled his LX. It was a beautiful machine, and for his asking price it cannot be beat. I'm so tempted to buy it from him. But I guess if I had gotten it, it'll end up sitting on my shelf forever. Someone who can make better use of it should get it.

anyone bought the super takumar 35 f2 & takumar smc 50 f1.4?

Dam ****, going to be jobless, else would have taken the 50 :dunno: , my dream lens :thumbsup: .

1 more thing, yesterday saw a 28 f3.5 shift lens, ahsahi (wrong spelling) pentax, mint, going for 1.1k @ TCW.

It has built in sky light & warmer filter, yes, guilt in. Pre set aperture ring too (for those familiar with mf lens should know whats this).

Samething, Dam ****, going to be jobless, else would have taken the lens :dunno: , my dream lens :thumbsup: .

"1 more thing, yesterday saw a 28 f3.5 shift lens, ahsahi (wrong spelling) pentax, mint, going for 1.1k @ TCW."

-is that 'Asahi Pentax' a screwmount or kmount?

"I met up with HongSien once and handled his LX. It was a beautiful machine, and for his asking price it cannot be beat. I'm so tempted to buy it from him. But I guess if I had gotten it, it'll end up sitting on my shelf forever. Someone who can make better use of it should get it."

-Why would it end up sitting on your shelf forever? It handles so well you'd probably have it around your neck everywhere you go.

By the way, 'LX' is 60 in roman numerals. The camera was released to commemorate the corporation's 60th anniversary.

kelvinang said:
My box contains (I think):-

Bodies:
Pentax Spotmatic II, MX, MZ-50, MZ-3, Z-1 (for sale)

Pentax glass:
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4 (M42), SMC-FA 50/1.4, SMC-M 40/2.8, Takumar-A 70-210/4 (for sale), Cosmicar-A 35-70/4

3rd party glass:
Carl Zeiss Jena 135/3.5 (M42), Mir-47k 20/2.5, Soligor 200/2.8 (for sale), Vivitar Series One 28-210/4.5-6.3

Flash:
Pentax AF500FTZ, Suntax 328DTZ

I wish I had (thought I probably will never buy):
Pentax SMC-A* 200/2.8, SMC-FA 77/1.8, SMC-FA* 24/2

How does the 77/1.8 really perform? Do you have any photos taken with this lens which I can see? I'm interested in the bokeh rendering.

I'm interested in the 77/1.8 lens too, but it's quite out of my budget :(

kelvinang said:
Where's the third "X" in the series? ;-)

I met up with HongSien once and handled his LX. It was a beautiful machine, and for his asking price it cannot be beat. I'm so tempted to buy it from him. But I guess if I had gotten it, it'll end up sitting on my shelf forever. Someone who can make better use of it should get it.

Ya, I saw the HongSien ad also.

Few days ago, I miss a bid from ebay that end around $140+usd. Got sticky mirror for first few shoot which I guess is sticky foam. Shd be a easy replacement, Prism got a little knock, shd not be a issue and can replace with a prism easily too. Think I watch FA cup, drink beer and forgotten all about it. FA cup has cause me to lose 2 bids so far - haha.

blurblock said:
Hehehehe..... I stole one of the bid :D ...... the lens hasn't arrive yet.... I will pm you once it arrive :D ..... you can test it if you want :D

Yalah, that was the other one. But I'm glad it ended up in lion city. I actually wanted to prompt u to take notice but scare u say I busybody. :B

So, tested the MC-J9??

whoelse said:
Yalah, that was the other one. But I'm glad it ended up in lion city. I actually wanted to prompt u to take notice but scare u say I busybody. :B

So, tested the MC-J9??

Not yet .... last minute go for wedding assignment on Sat lor .... free photographer some more, a favour I owe the actual photographer when he stand in for me lor ......

fengwei said:
I'm interested in the 77/1.8 lens too, but it's quite out of my budget :(
there's a 77mm lens? woah, nv heard of it b4. any1 have any links to any pictures taken by it?

i saw once some pictures taken by pentax 85mm soft portrait lens, love the softness it produce. but till now i have not found anyone else talking about it

choen said:
"I met up with HongSien once and handled his LX. It was a beautiful machine, and for his asking price it cannot be beat. I'm so tempted to buy it from him. But I guess if I had gotten it, it'll end up sitting on my shelf forever. Someone who can make better use of it should get it."

-Why would it end up sitting on your shelf forever? It handles so well you'd probably have it around your neck everywhere you go.

For similar reasons why HongSien would want to sell such a fine piece of art!

The LX is a wonderful workhorse machine. Interchangable prism, focus screens, good balance, weather-sealed, legendary in-camera meter, and the BEAUTIFUL winder that HongSien threw in just cannot be beat. I know I might never have the chance again to own such a wonderful setup.

But the LX is still, in my opinion, primarily an electronic camera. As you know I also own a Pentax MX and a MZ-3. The LX falls somewhere between these 2 cameras in my usage preference. That's why I said it would probably end up on the shelf sitting pretty most of the time. If I want to "feel" photography I shoot with the MX. If I just want pictures I shoot with the MZ-3 or sometimes the Z-1 if I feel I need a workout at the same time. My current neck accessory is the MX with its pancake lens. So cute!

I still wish I can own the LX someday. But as of now, the LX still weighs too much on the wallet as a shelf display piece. Someone who can make better use of HongSien's LX deserves it more.

quekky said:
there's a 77mm lens? woah, nv heard of it b4. any1 have any links to any pictures taken by it?

i saw once some pictures taken by pentax 85mm soft portrait lens, love the softness it produce. but till now i have not found anyone else talking about it

Here is the 77mm f1.8 ltd lens:

2e_1_b.JPG

Sell US$690 at B&H. Can order from CP for around S$1000. Way out of my budget :cry:

A couple of samples found from the web:

IMGP2451_web.gif

imgp1553_1024.jpg

Hey.. I think that's a bit off the topic isn't it... More Pentax users.. report....