Panasonic And Canon Factories Attacked By Chinese Demonstrators, Suspends Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they would hit the 5x price increase with such stiff competition.

I still really want to see their manufacturing plant though... and with the label: Made in Singapore, heck, I might switch to Canon.;p
I guess there's still a bit of national pride in me.

That is the reason why I chose Wyeth s26 milk powder when I have my new born.....it's made in Tuas....sg..... peace of mind since there r dozen of brand to choose from and u never know what u gonna get....

That is the reason why I chose Wyeth s26 milk powder when I have my new born.....it's made in Tuas....sg..... peace of mind since there r dozen of brand to choose from and u never know what u gonna get....

But they did not tell you, the milk powder was made with ingredients from where.

Last edited:
Japan will henceforth begin plans to relocate their big industrial plants.

Thailand would be a BIG beneficiary of this spat between China and Japan. There are extensive Japanese investments in Thailand.

Malaysia? maybe...

Vietnam ? maybe... but corruption. still, got chance.

Indonesia? ditto about the corruption. radical religious types. definitely not considered.
Myanmar? ditto about the corruption. population too backward and not ready for tech industries.
Philippines? ditto about the corruption. abu sayaf terrorists. definitely not considered.

Singapore? no space. small local market. definitely not considered.

Thailand would be a BIG beneficiary of this spat between China and Japan. There are extensive Japanese investments in Thailand.

Malaysia? maybe...

Indonesia? ditto about the corruption. radical religious types. definitely not considered.
Myanmar? ditto about the corruption. population too backward and not ready for tech industries.
Philippines? ditto about the corruption. abu sayaf terrorists. definitely not considered.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

Made in Indonesia
Made in Malaysia
Made in Vietnam
Made in Philippines

Malaysia? maybe...

yao-ming-meme.jpg

Made in Indonesia
Made in Malaysia
Made in Vietnam
Made in Philippines

But they did not tell you, the milk powder was made with ingredients from where.

If Made in Sg can't tell me the truth.....I cannot expect Made in Boleh land or somewhere over the rainbow can tell me even more truth.....those Melamine thingy should made parent think thrice....

you really think the GOng An cant stop all these riots and protests within an hour if they wanted to ???

these are just attention diverting tactics by the PRC government away from the country's real political , social and economic problems

Cheap, english speaking labor, an established technological base (Intel designs and fabs there), and the abu sayyaf are limited to the remote south. The main factories are in the north, and Olympus is already building a factory there.

Cheap, english speaking labor, an established technological base (Intel designs and fabs there), and the abu sayyaf are limited to the remote south. The main factories are in the north, and Olympus is already building a factory there.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

5847028-Sticky_Traditional_Hand_Made_Candy_Singapore_Singapore.jpg

hand made stickiness made in Singapore!

I've heard from a radio broadcast from Hong Kong that Japanese feared for their lives in China.

One Japanese was eating noodle in Shanghai and the bowl of noodle was poured into his face.

Japan now needs China more than China needs Japan.

my honest opinion?

China should just grow up and move on.

the war was 70 years ago and they still can't recover?

seriously?

not to be cold-hearted but there's a limit to how crap they can dish out to their neighbors.

looking at Korean-Japanese-Philippines-Taiwan-Singapore relations etc.. they are much better than 50 years before.

but China is still stuck in the past. sheesh. c'mon

Many of my parents' generation suffered in the hands of Japanese soldiers in Malaysia. It's hard to ask them to forget.

I was studying Japanese in an evening college for 4 years. One day an Australian friend told me about the Nanking Massacre. I could still remember the gruesome photos of the atrocities in a book I read about it.

History is what makes us as a human race. Wipe it out we will have nothing left.

Last edited:
History can be forgiven but not forgotten. Nobody can force u to forgive but it takes.great courage to admit and forgive. The elder generations had gone through the gruesome torture, and the younger generations were taught about it. Now the next step, should the younger and future generation be better man, don't repeat the bad things or always looking for reason to revenge? If Japan government apologised (ideal situation), what would us (chinese so called the descendants of the victims, regardless of nationality) do? Will you continue to condemn the Japanese of what their great grandparents did? On the same logic, is China ready to change itself and face the victims (and descendants) it has done to during cultural revolution etc?

Many of my parents' generation suffered in the hands of Japanese soldiers in Malaysia. It's hard to ask them to forget.

I was studying Japanese in an evening college for 4 years. One day an Australian friend told me about the Nanking Massacre. I could still remember the gruesome photos of the atrocities in a book I read about it.

History is what makes us as a human race. Wipe it out we will have nothing left.

my point is this: don't use history as an excuse to stir up problems with your neighbors.

also, don't use it as a self-pity bargaining chip.

it cheapens history

I use a simple example instead of i kill your xxx or i rape ur xxx

One day i walk pass u and slap u out of nothing......i will say sorry to u.....and pls forgive me and move on.......

....think about that kind of situation.....

I use a simple example instead of i kill your xxx or i rape ur xxx

One day i walk pass u and slap u out of nothing......i will say sorry to u.....and pls forgive me and move on.......

....think about that kind of situation.....

the person who got slapped whines about it for 70 years.

that person plays the pity card.

then turns around and whacks then slaps the rest of the people around based on the fact that, in the past, they have wronged him one way or another, or just happened to cross paths with him.

how's that for hypocrisy?

take bus all the way to factories for what ?

might as well stay at home and smash up their own japanese electrical appliances and throw it by the road side to demonstrate their hate for all to see ...... then it covers the entire country and not just 2 or 3 factories

Call for boycott of Japanese brands have been going on ifor many years already ...... gee, they're still buying japanese products .....

now THAT's hypocrisy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.