Paddler returns to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
For cases like fighting for Singapore, we've had FT around for that as well - the Gurkha Contingent.

For any given job you have to hire the right people......
Grukhas, like Jedi Knights, can merely protect but they can't fight an outright war.

Even if war comes, Grukhas still can't fight a war for us. We'll still need stormtroopers... erm... our own Army.

There ain't enuff Grukhas to even form a full Battalion, much less an Armed Force.

standup for sinkapor. :dunno: :bigeyes: :bsmilie:
Stand up for it or watch everyone in ur family getting raped and u being held down watching everything, not being able to do shit?

I'm all in for a single party rule united behind a single ruler/Emperor. BANZAI!!!!

I think not all the Gurkha here will fight with us. They got more important things to do then that. Like protecting the Big Bosses here & get them out savely whenever possible in the time of chaos (I think).:think:
Watch Star Wars Episode II....

"We are guardians of the peace. Not Soldiers" - Mace Windu.

They are just mercenaries ; the lot of them.
Their loyalty lies somewhere else.

Do you think they will take up arms and fight along side us should Sg be attacked?
They will probably flee like rats from a sinking ship.

I just realised the irony of my use of the term mercenaries in the same post wrt taking up arms. :bsmilie: :p

A better term to use would be prostitutes.

I do sense a differential attitude here: would you say the same thing if a (person born in) Singaporean decides to migrate? And you know very well there are lots of them!

Hong Sien

Can you blame them? Where in a country they are starting to feel severely marginalised.

Another miscalculation which in cost is totally absorbed by Sporeans :cool:

Hooray ! Uppz for China ;)

What to do if a country don't have much talents.:bsmilie: :what: :sweat:

if dun have talent in certain areas, just dun compete for glory in that field lor. Dun have to win in everything wat.

getting one or two FT to boost the overall standard is ok, but it's just odd when they make up the majority of the winning team.

Can't you people see that she's making a tough choice between career and family?
It is not as if she's joining china olympic team or what. She's still a singaporean who chooses to stay with her husband.
Stop being so focus on ourselves and give others a chance.

Stop being so focus on ourselves and give others a chance.

And who gives Singaporeans a chance to play table tennis when FTs make up the majority of the TableTennis Team?

:think: :rolleyes: :think:

What to do if a country don't have much talents.:bsmilie: :what: :sweat:
What makes you think that there are no local talents? They are mostly suppressed. Scholars love to think that they are already the best, so anything better you have to find outside. Unfortunately, these people occupy too much of the decision making positions.

It is simple our leaders want results in the shortest time possible hence no time to wait to groom our locals. Simply "buy" the sports people from overseas. And how can you blame them for having no loyalty? They are playing for money not passion. It is a pure biz transaction. So when the money dries up, of course they leave.... they wont cry and shout Majulah Singapura!!! Thank you for giving me a chance to love the country!!

Some things u can get FTs but some things you cannot... hope our ministers, party members, pro party members and always want to suck up to party forum goers who we all know are reading this forum to listen and think about it.... before we become laughing stock for having a total FT sports team.

In case you dont know what is true sportsmanship, look at the case of the Jamacian Bobsled team.... yes a tropical country with no snow, no high financial resources actually had a team of 4 that risk all odds to take part in the winter olympics.. of course they didnt win anything but that is what I call true sportsmanship!

What makes you think that there are no local talents? They are mostly suppressed. Scholars love to think that they are already the best, so anything better you have to find outside. Unfortunately, these people occupy too much of the decision making positions.

The sailing team (which won most medals at Doha) comprises of SG borns...

They are just mercenaries ; the lot of them.
Their loyalty lies somewhere else.
Suppose you are in their shoes?

Suppose you were offered USD10K pm for whatever you good at, eg your photography, but to "represent" the country and to change your nationality? You go? Whats the price of mere nationality?

And "loyalty" is merely something to console yourself when you have no such opportunity.

Yup! I agree on those talent people in the decision making positions. But, they sometimes make big wrong decisions too. And loosing hundreds of millions of dollars too.:think: What say you dude?:confused: No offence ok?

For all these "players" ..... "It's only a job !"

They will go where the money is, just like any body else. They are not to blame.

We should instead look at the leadership here, and ask "How can they not know?" They probably do, and probably expected it. Typical of SG to look for quick short-term solutions so they can "look" good during their term and tenure in leadership.

They should put a super mentor in charge, who will sacrifice 20 years and see things thru for another 40yrs, and punish people for 60yrs because they do not agree. Now, this is what we call leadership.

Of course, for this kind of leadership, we probably might have to give away our FIRST born, have s3x like bunnies, get tagged like dogs, and eat 5hit every now and then.

BUT hey, its good for the future of Corporate Singapore!

Majula Singapura!

Stand up for it or watch everyone in ur family getting raped and u being held down watching everything, not being able to do shit?

I'm all in for a single party rule united behind a single ruler/Emperor. BANZAI!!!!

I am enjoy watching yours now. :thumbsup:

Whats the price of mere nationality?
And "loyalty" is merely something to console yourself when you have no such opportunity.

The fault doesn't lies on the FT.

The fault lies on our system itself.
That creates a division between locals and FTs.

It is no brainer to say that 100,000 FTs coming in sg annually will help sg's economic..
but at what expense?

If we are doing so well, we won't have WorkFare Bonus in the first place.

:p :sweat: :p

'They Should', 'We Ought To', 'But Then...', 'By Right...'

I wonder how many of you face the circumstances where u are working with ur hands & feet tied.... :think:

I'm not sure how many of u heard of this before....

"Officer tell Sergeant to do... Sergeant tell Corporal to do... Corporal tell Lance Corporal to do... Lance Corporal tell Private to do... Private go & bang head."

Status
Not open for further replies.