one 22" LCD Wide or Two 19" LCD normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, great..! i am having trouble calibrating the 2 screens to look alike now thou, the gamma is all off...

oh, great..! i am having trouble calibrating the 2 screens to look alike now thou, the gamma is all off...

Which is why you need a hardware calibration device like the Eye-one Display 2. If you're using windows XP, you'll also need microsoft's Win Color tool to load the correct monitor profile for each screen. After calibration, both my LG 17" and Dell 24" LCDs have almost the same colours, only a slight diff in saturation/contrast (due to the monitor's image quality i guess) and brightness (the Dell at 0 brightness is brighter than the LG at 100 brightness).

Which is why you need a hardware calibration device like the Eye-one Display 2. If you're using windows XP, you'll also need microsoft's Win Color tool to load the correct monitor profile for each screen. After calibration, both my LG 17" and Dell 24" LCDs have almost the same colours, only a slight diff in saturation/contrast (due to the monitor's image quality i guess) and brightness (the Dell at 0 brightness is brighter than the LG at 100 brightness).

One more thing: Your graphics card must be able to accept dual profiles for 2 monitors. If not, you can only load 1 LUT profile for both monitors.

For instance, my ATI X1600Pro allows me to do so.

One more thing: Your graphics card must be able to accept dual profiles for 2 monitors. If not, you can only load 1 LUT profile for both monitors.

For instance, my ATI X1600Pro allows me to do so.

Erm. The Microsoft Win Color tool thing will allow you to do that even if your graphics driver/card doesn't i think. Anyway, what i read is that AGP cards are tricky but PCI-E cards will have each monitor appear as separate entries in the device manager.

Erm. The Microsoft Win Color tool thing will allow you to do that even if your graphics driver/card doesn't i think. Anyway, what i read is that AGP cards are tricky but PCI-E cards will have each monitor appear as separate entries in the device manager.

Hmm - the last I read, you'll need a dual profile card to do so (what you said about the "PCI-E cards having 2 separate entries" indicates that it is a dual profile card).

You'll need to have that before the Windows Color Applet can load 2 separate profiles - that's why some AGP cards can't support this function.

i got myself a apple cinema display. the 23 inch version. runs at 1920 1200 pixels. more than enough for my current work flow. i also have a 17 inch philips that i use for other stuff like web surfing and MSN stuff.

That's why i'm still using my NEC Multisync FP1355. 6+ years and still my workhorse. :D Recently been having some probs with it not wanting to power up sometimes. I think it's a capacitor or something. Once it's on it works perfectly. Time to send for servicing. Believe it or not, it's first one in 6+ yrs. Too bad it's hard to find these type of monitors anymore.

i have 1 similar like urs..4 years+...still ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.