OMG! Look at the EM-1 aka the now official E-M1 Thread

is it ugly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

when u pre order in Europe you get both HLD-7 handgrip and the mmf3 free..

hope Sg Olympus offers something similar..

not stated in the SG Pre-order page..so i guess.. not going to happen

so fast bubble burst..
:bsmilie:

not stated in the SG Pre-order page..so i guess.. not going to happen
It is in the SG pre-order site. Click "Add To Cart" and you are able to select Bundle A or B... for current E-System owners only. :sweat:

Last edited:
It is in the SG pre-order site. Click "Add To Cart" and you are able to select Bundle A or B... for current E-System owners only. :sweat:
it's such a lousy marketing call in SG...

I tried to add but same promotion as for the em5.. Only mmf3 as freebie.. Or $200 olympus voucher..

Why can't they offer the same promotion as Europe?

Last edited:
I was told there were 2 bundle
A) extra battery grip
B)mmf3 +$200 vouchers

Had a chance to touch and feel the camera, what I can say it's a much better solid feel than my former Em5.
The lens is solid to the grip,

Only compliant is why the sync button under the wording EM-1???
Looks like a mole on a pretty woman's face, some may call it sexy !!

I clicked on the body only option..
And was presented with either mmf3 or $200 voucher..

Maybe kit will have a different option?

Just tried kit option..
That has a different freebie of either hld7 or mmf3+$200 voucher..

In any case it is not as good as what Europeans can get..

Last edited:
I think in Sg, consumers are also labelled "suckers" by those big brands. :what:

It's something like what previously happened with the fl600r. It was so much cheaper elsewhere that people started buying from overseas and lots of people complained to oly. Guess what? Oly reduced price!

So if consumers write, call, post on FB etc that the offer sucks, and that its better to buy from US or UK! Maybe they will sweeten the offer?

Best looking camera system I have seen for a long long time. Being a former OM SLR system user and enthusiast, this EM-1 system will bring back many fond memories. At almost 70 now, this may be my final and last camera system. Hope they come out with the rumoured 300mm tele lens, either f2.8 or f4 will do.

Cheers.

I think in Sg, consumers are also labelled "suckers" by those big brands. :what:

It's something like what previously happened with the fl600r. It was so much cheaper elsewhere that people started buying from overseas and lots of people complained to oly. Guess what? Oly reduced price!

So if consumers write, call, post on FB etc that the offer sucks, and that its better to buy from US or UK! Maybe they will sweeten the offer?
I have left comments in their fb page ad. Lets see if they bother to response.

Also left comments too haha, support support

guys, need some advice again.

i fly to London Nov10, then on to Tokyo by Nov14 so i'm afraid there's a very good chance i won't be able to get the E-M1 kit from SG in time if SG Olympus releases after first week Nov.

so i'm looking to get it in Tokyo instead, but have a few questions:
1. is the E-M1 menu language switchable to english? or do i specifically need to buy an export unit? i seem to have read somewhere that all Olympus cameras in Japan can be easily switched to english menu and that the Panasonic ones are where one needs to buy an export unit to have english menus.
2. if i have to specifically get an export E-M1 unit, which Tokyo stores (physical and/or online) carry them?
3. Amazon JP quotes JPY198k for E-M1+12-40 but i think it only comes with the MMF-3 adapter. anyone know of other pre-order places in Tokyo which has the battery holder as freebie? and related to #1, are Amazon units switchable to english menu?
4. are there pre-order stores which allow pick-up? although i don't think E-M1 will sell out, i just want to make sure i have stock waiting for me.

thanks.

from what i heard..
its coming end Oct..

IMO why not bring whichever camera with you there now?..
instead of worrying and run the risk of not have a camera with you..

i was planning a 2-camera setup, so for sure i will have the E-M5 in the bag.
where did you hear end-Oct? that sounds like music to my ears, but the SG Oly preorder page only notes November 2013.

i heard from the shop where i frequent..
famous shop in the north

Release ver of EM-1 with 12-40 now at T K Foto for playing with. Go have fun !

I clicked on the body only option..
And was presented with either mmf3 or $200 voucher..

Maybe kit will have a different option?

Just tried kit option..
That has a different freebie of either hld7 or mmf3+$200 voucher..

In any case it is not as good as what Europeans can get..

I'm not sure of the SG price but the European RRP for the kit lens 12-40 is 2199€ and that probably already cover the cost of the grip and adapter?