OMG! Look at the EM-1 aka the now official E-M1 Thread

is it ugly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I'm not sure of the SG price but the European RRP for the kit lens 12-40 is 2199€ and that probably already cover the cost of the grip and adapter?

That's true..
Probably cost more than pricing in Singapore..

Had a chance to play with it and took shots with the 12-40mm.. It very impressive..

I checked on the pricing on amazon japan. They are selling body only at 1650 before courier charges and (gst) while 2500 for the kit lens before courier and (gst). So much cheaper.. But no free gift.

I checked on the pricing on amazon japan. They are selling body only at 1650 before courier charges and (gst) while 2500 for the kit lens before courier and (gst). So much cheaper.. But no free gift.

But if added GST + delivery, not cheap.

Anyone keen to buy the EM1 kit together? Please PM me, I am keen on the 12-40 only.

Olympus cameras have international warranty right?

Anyone found any comparison pic between EM1 and GX7 in terms of size? Cant seem to find any... interested to see how big is the difference

But if added GST + delivery, not cheap. Anyone keen to buy the EM1 kit together? Please PM me, I am keen on the 12-40 only.

The last time i bought a lens from amazon japan, theres no gst charge. I just bought nokton 17.5 and the delivery charge only less than $40

The last time i bought a lens from amazon japan, theres no gst charge. I just bought nokton 17.5 and the delivery charge only less than $40

U will only know gst will be charged or not when the item delivered to your door step that time right? To clear my doubts

U will only know gst will be charged or not when the item delivered to your door step that time right? To clear my doubts
Yup but then its still cheaper

Yup but then its still cheaper

Assume that gst will always be charged.

Unless you have a friend that can deliver it for u and under declare of course.

Btw, is it the same price for all pre order locations?

Really considering if I should commit now and sell the grip or just wait and get street price.

Assume that gst will always be charged.

Unless you have a friend that can deliver it for u and under declare of course.

Btw, is it the same price for all pre order locations?

Really considering if I should commit now and sell the grip or just wait and get street price.

Supposed to be the same price.. But i realised for when i pre ordered ep5, some shops are giving less than the rcp. Its largely depend on the shop you collect from.

Anyone found any comparison pic between EM1 and GX7 in terms of size? Cant seem to find any... interested to see how big is the difference

You might look at a photo of the GX7 and GH3, as the E-M1 is about the same size as the GH3, except for the depth.

You might look at a photo of the GX7 and GH3, as the E-M1 is about the same size as the GH3, except for the depth.

I agree, I held all 3 in the past week, I love the GH3, followed by the GX7 and then the E-M1 in terms of ergonomics, they all look about the same, give or take half a finger spacing. My advice? Don't be too concerned with the size too much. There's a noticable weight difference between GH3 and the other 2 when the grips are attached (where applicable). GX7 feels somewhat heavier IIRC. But then again... I held them over different days so I could have remembered wrongly

From Olympus pre-order page

Current E-system Owners (Four-third/Micro Four-third)

Current E-system owners who upgrade to OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 will be entitled to choose between 2 free gift bundles A or B.

*Customers must bring along their E-system camera & warranty card to redeem the free gifts.

Silly question. Does EM5 considered an E System? ( Since they included Micro Four Third in bracket)

From Olympus pre-order page Current E-system Owners (Four-third/Micro Four-third) Current E-system owners who upgrade to OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 will be entitled to choose between 2 free gift bundles A or B. *Customers must bring along their E-system camera & warranty card to redeem the free gifts. Silly question. Does EM5 considered an E System? ( Since they included Micro Four Third in bracket)

I have EPL5. Is that considered E system?

I've checked during the hands on session at MS Color.. apparently e-m5 users are considered e-system users as well as FT users.. I'm not too sure for pen users though..

E series means all their models with Their interchangeable lens system. Those camera models all start with E.(em5, Epx,Epl, E-x). Their compact cameras start with x,s,t,v series.