OMD EM5 spare battery (where to get it?)

just got original batteries at $95 last week.. shop said last piece..

I saw quite a few DSLE ones at Harvey Norman last week at $25 a piece. But need to buy their charger at $50+ ... This batt cannot charge with Olympus charger.

Wow, that was very expensive!

I saw quite a few DSLE ones at Harvey Norman last week at $25 a piece. But need to buy their charger at $50+ ... This batt cannot charge with Olympus charger.

milez said:

Buy from eBay. 3 batt with charger for usd 34. Free shipping.

Anyone knows where can I get original batteries? I'm leaving overseas next week so it's kinda urgent.. All the shops I asked so far said its oos.. Appreciate your help

Wah still oos ah

Anyone knows where can I get original batteries? I'm leaving overseas next week so it's kinda urgent.. All the shops I asked so far said its oos.. Appreciate your help

Bro, u may try Olympus center at valley point. Last month when I ask them, they said stock coming in this month.

Last edited:
Still no stock, that was the status when i asked them on the 5th July.

Bro, u may try Olympus center at valley point. Last month when I ask them, they said stock coming in this month.

I jus bought two set (batt + charger) of 3rd party batt from Song brother for my E-M5, it looks "gd & original" with wordings like 7.6V, 5400mah!! And made in Japan!!

I know it too damn hard to believe the info printed, I highly doubt it but jus to share. :)

kannister said:
I jus bought two set (batt + charger) of 3rd party batt from Song brother for my E-M5, it looks "gd & original" with wordings like 7.6V, 5400mah!! And made in Japan!!

I know it too damn hard to believe the info printed, I highly doubt it but jus to share. :)

How much did you pay for it?

$120 for 02sets...

Saw at Harvey Norman (suntec) selling 3rd party battery without charger at $58.
Didn't see any charger being displayed.

Seems quite a variation in prices for 3rd party batteries.

eBay is probably the cheapest.

right. that is very expensive locally. 3rd party battery sell so ex here... get it from ebay and wait for a while. save alot $$. been using it. so far so good. nothing happen.

SLRR sells similar set at $24(iirc) each. i got one set for emergency use.
You're right I got a set for $24 from them too. 7.6v 5000mAh cells made in Japan.

hi guys,

i bought 3rd party batt when i purchased my ep3 from one shop in funan
it works well till recently that it has become much harder to take out from the cam
while sending my ep3 for servicing, the guy told me the batt is "bloated" and asked me to compare the thickness of 3rd party batt with the original
i laid both batteries on a flat table and the 3rd party batt is rocking ie. not flat.. whereas the original one is flat ie. not rocking
so that makes me wonder whether i should just go for original em5 batt instead of buying 3rd party batt

if anyone can enlighten?

hi guys,

i bought 3rd party batt when i purchased my ep3 from one shop in funan
it works well till recently that it has become much harder to take out from the cam
while sending my ep3 for servicing, the guy told me the batt is "bloated" and asked me to compare the thickness of 3rd party batt with the original
i laid both batteries on a flat table and the 3rd party batt is rocking ie. not flat.. whereas the original one is flat ie. not rocking
so that makes me wonder whether i should just go for original em5 batt instead of buying 3rd party batt

if anyone can enlighten?

The Internet has various explanations for bloating batteries. Some say it is because the chemical cells inside have ruptured, some say it is because the chemical have reacted to release gas. Either way, it is not advisable to continue using bloated batteries. They may eventually leak, damage your camera, or even explode. I'd throw away bloated batteries as soon as I get replacements. But note that it is not specific to 3rd-party batteries. Last time my original MacBook batteries also became bloated after a few years.

Last edited: