OMD EM5 spare battery (where to get it?)

just got my 3 X DSTE battery and 1 x charger yesterday.

ordered last wed, they dispatched last thur. Total takes about 9 days to reach me.

here is the package.

zlu8w8.jpg

Daniel mentioned this batt cannot charge in original charger. BUt can we charge original batt in this 3rd party charger? Anyone?

rocketatw said:
Daniel mentioned this batt cannot charge in original charger. BUt can we charge original batt in this 3rd party charger? Anyone?

I dare not test my original Oly battery onto 3rd party charger.

i also interested to know too. Daneil can answer this question.

Road show at Suntex next week from Thurday to Sunday where there
is possibly EM5 battery sale from the various stalls. The price may be slightly higher.

Last edited:
speedtest99 said:
i also interested to know too. Daneil can answer this question.

Try at your own risk

rocketatw said:

I tried. Works fine, but I haven't really put the charged original battery to the test.

i'm a cheapo waiting for SLRR's 3rd party... hopefully they'll come in soon.. and price S$25 each. :X hahahaa.. i cannot justify $90 a battery!!!! ahhhh

just got my 3 X DSTE battery and 1 x charger yesterday.

ordered last wed, they dispatched last thur. Total takes about 9 days to reach me.

here is the package.

Me ordered on 30th May, reached me today on 6th Jun. Total lead time from ordering to deal fulfillment is 8 days.

i'm a cheapo waiting for SLRR's 3rd party... hopefully they'll come in soon.. and price S$25 each. :X hahahaa.. i cannot justify $90 a battery!!!! ahhhh

SLRR has the 3rd party battery. Comes with a charger and priced at $24. Your wish granted!!

In regards to the teardown (apollogies if this has been asked and answered already), are T, I, & S connected to anything?

Nope, i sent him a msg to clarify, this is the reply:

Yes, it can charged in the original Olympus battery charger

Best regards

Toymodel55

Seller mentioned "camera ac adapter", which means battery in camera, adapter plugged into battery grip to charge. Not the original charger.

msbinary said:
hi there, which shop/mall did u get it from? thanks :)

Hi, from one of the many shops in Namdemun.

Last edited:
Sorry pal... i was just looking out for a potential 3rd party battery for the OMD... i've not even bought a OMD for myself (soon though). :bsmilie:

Good lah, waiting for you to test and confirm :p

Any chance I can get 3rd party batteries from any local shop before Thursday? Don't think I can get it through Ebay on time, none of the shops in funan have stock too.

Is the madness still on?