OMD EM5 spare battery (where to get it?)

You're right I got a set for $24 from them too. 7.6v 5000mAh cells made in Japan.

Haha..I was 'chopped' by them...but I need it urgently so no choice la..:)

But how true is the "5000mah" and "Made in Japan"?? :)

The Internet has various explanations for bloating batteries. Some say it is because the chemical cells inside have ruptured, some say it is because the chemical have reacted to release gas. Either way, it is not advisable to continue using bloated batteries. They may eventually leak, damage your camera, or even explode. I'd throw away bloated batteries as soon as I get replacements. But note that it is not specific to 3rd-party batteries. Last time my original MacBook batteries also became bloated after a few years.

Hey rhema83, thx for the info.
much appreciated

Thread spans for 10 pages.

Anyone can advise which battery to get? Don't mind to get 3rd party if performance is good. Ebay or local?

snip3r said:
Thread spans for 10 pages.

Anyone can advise which battery to get? Don't mind to get 3rd party if performance is good. Ebay or local?

eBay. The dste batteries are good so far for mine. :)

Yap DSTE from ebay works fine with me also

If you don't mind the additional charger required, DSTE batt from eBay is value for money

maldito said:
Yap DSTE from ebay works fine with me also

Same for me. I have both DSTE batteries which I am currently using and they are working good on my omd.

some stocks spotted over at TK photo.. chck it out!!

How come dste needs separate charger? Original vs dste , which can take more ?

snip3r said:
How come dste needs separate charger? Original vs dste , which can take more ?

Dste doesnt have chip so it cant be charged with olympus charger

maldito said:
Dste doesnt have chip so it cant be charged with olympus charger

Got 3rd party with chip?

As7eroidS said:
Got 3rd party with chip?

Never heard Actually the 3rd party charger is better because it can also charge the oly battery and it is more portable

maldito said:
Never heard Actually the 3rd party charger is better because it can also charge the oly battery and it is more portable

Got charge with UK pin?

Going Funan tomorrow to buy. Hope can find..

maldito said:

I am using universal 3rd party battery charger which I can charge almost all batteries-from omd original, Omd 3rd party, my wife's Canon 115HS,my Sony psp, etc. Have usb output for charging smartphone or iphone when you charge your batteries simultaneously. Very good investment and ideal for travelling oversea. I bought it at Sgcamera on last month at $35 with power adapter plug and 12v car jack plug included.

iise7en, can take a pic of your charger with USB out? $35 only charger?

iise7en said:
I am using universal 3rd party battery charger which I can charge almost all batteries-from omd original, Omd 3rd party, my wife's Canon 115HS,my Sony psp, etc. Have usb output for charging smartphone or iphone when you charge your batteries simultaneously. Very good investment and ideal for travelling oversea. I bought it at Sgcamera on last month at $35 with power adapter plug and 12v car jack plug included.

Online? Got link? Thanks

Hooted one from SLRR, slightly puzzled that they only charged me $82. Thought RRP is $99..