Not open for further replies.
It would be great if peeps would start their posts with their purchase dets:

I'll start: spent $1,375 at Alan Photo and for that I got:

- 550D Kit I (18-55mm Lens)
- Hoya UV Filter
- Lens Hood
- Dry Box
- Cleaning Kit
- (was going to get the screen protector, but no stock, anyone knows where they carry the 3.2 inch screen protector?)

Went to Canon (Keppel) and got my "freebies"
- 8GB
- Lens Workbook
- Crumpler Bag

So in the end, I feel like I got a really great deal considering that the IT Show price was $14xx.

Hi may i know which Alan photo you went for this deal?
thanks.

Hi, anyone faces this down load image problem? shot taken can be viewed on the camera LCD but try to down load to PC, cannot detect card reader. same to both the 8GB and a 4 GB card.

cannot be all three cards having problem right?

Thanks.

Hi, anyone faces this down load image problem? shot taken can be viewed on the camera LCD but try to down load to PC, cannot detect card reader. same to both the 8GB and a 4 GB card.

Thanks.
As you stated, unlikely memory cards. Then should be problem with card reader or PC loh. Haha.

Try to troubleshoot lah. Try on different card reader and PC loh as what you done with your card :)

Thanks.

might be card reader problem. my office card reader cannot read certain SD cards.

why cannot cover? i got filter i can use back my same cover le. cos its still e same size.
dunno leh, i couldnt fit the cover back and didnt want to force.. i think i will try again..

Thanks.
Your card reader cannot support SDHC format. Do use the USB cable given in box to connect ur camera directly to the camputer for data transfer. :)

Is there a SDXC reader in the market already? lolx

thanks for all the inputs. i tried on two card readers and both also cannot be detected by PC. I think is the SD card problem. SD card given with 550D bought from the IT show. bought from COURTS counter, so need to go back to COURTS to exchange the card or to Canon, any idea.

Thanks.

thanks for all the inputs. i tried on two card readers and both also cannot be detected by PC. I think is the SD card problem. SD card given with 550D bought from the IT show. bought from COURTS counter, so need to go back to COURTS to exchange the card or to Canon, any idea.

Thanks.
It is ur card reader problem as stated on my previous post. Follow what I said to test if it is ur card issue.:nono:

hi all,I am newbies here with canon 550D with kit II too :D

Thanks.
If your card reader doesn’t have the words SD HC on it, that’s the prob.

In video mode, has anyone been getting this error:

Movie Recording Has Been Stopped Automatically

Doesn't happen all the time, but I'm wondering if this is a Camera bug?

Last edited:
In video mode, has anyone been getting this error:

Movie Recording Has Been Stopped Automatically

Doesn't happen all the time, but I'm wondering if this is a Camera bug?

That's what i am trying to say this noon in my earlier posts.
Sorry din make myself clearer.

Many users experiences this and they blame it on the SD card class. They feel that it is due to the slow writing speed to the card and the camera auto stop with that warning when buffer is full.
Some class 6 is fine and able to record for many mins..while some class 6 only a few secs.
And most video recording will halt with that same warning again if they snap a still photo halfway thru video recording (esp if the image is a Raw).

They also claim that Canon recommend Class 6.
And some says doing a low level format of the SD card using the camera helps...while some say no difference.

Take a look at link below.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1031&message=34644042&changemode=1

Last edited:
I am currently using the 8GB Kingston SD Card (Class 4) that came with the bundled retail package.

I'm hoping its the card speed issue rather than a hardware issue. I guess I'll have to plunk down more money for a higher class card.

Is there consensus on which card is the most trouble free SD card?

I am using sandisk ultra II, so far no problem.

it must be the SD card.

i have a Class 6 San Disk Extreme III on my Laptop and this works perfectly on the Canon. Looks like I will be getting a new SD card tomorrow...

doing a bit of research, I'm thinking about checking out the new SDXC Class 10 cards... wonder how expensive they are here.

Last edited:
It is sdhc. sandisk ultra 15MB/s. 8gb.

hi all...
got my 550D wif Kits len 18-55 from IT show also ...
like some bro saying, i not sure that i regret or not that not getting the 18-135mm package~:dunno:

just went to Canon service ctr for the basic trainning course today~

I am using PenDrive 8GB class 4 8GB card that come with my body, so far no video issue.
I tried Lexar 50x SDHC card also, no issues too... my longest video was about 3 minutes, haven't test a longer video yet.

anyone else having video buffering issues with a slower card (< Class 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.