Nuclear power is to way to go to save earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that will work is for certain governments (USA, China for example) to stop bending over for economic gains, to stop bending over for OPEC, to stop bending over and protect their car industry (USA especially) and just realize that there's TRILLIONS to be made for being the pioneer in clean energy.

Did you know that there was a proposed requirement to get US car emissions down to a certain level in 10 years... But because of heavy lobbying and "our economy would suffer" this proposal was scrapped? And the best part is... ALL non-US car manufacturers, including cheap china cars, already match or exceed those levels which the US car manufacturers claimed would be technologically not feasible for them to reach in 10 years.

The world economy as a whole needs cooling down.

Nuclear energy is nice, but the risk is too high. Terrorism and Nuclear power plants are something we don't want to read appearing together in news headlines.

In short, cool the demand down, throw in a few major recessions, take a moment and appreciate life for what it is.

BTW, to those who feel wishing for a recession is evil, recessions are a natural way for an overheating economy to cool itself down, like death and rebirth.

few years back, i tried cycling to work from bukit batok to ayer rajah crescent. man it is tough. gave up after afew month and take mrt instead.:embrass:

few years back, i tried cycling to work from bukit batok to ayer rajah crescent. man it is tough. gave up after afew month and take mrt instead.:embrass:

Here is a solution:
Get a market bike for less than a hundred bucks and park it half way in a convenient
location with a shackle lock so that it won't be so easy stolen.

More information on locking your bike can be found here:

1) www.sgcycling.org
2) www.togoparts.com

The above are popular cycling communities in Singapore.

Have found members in the forums where they commute daily to work on their
bicycles riding at least 15 to 20 kilometers one way. The first two months can be
difficult but once your legs and heart can use to it, it is a bliss to ride your bike
to work. Try it and be encourage. Have been cycling to school since I was
14 years old (from Queenstown to Barker Road, near Newton Circus).

A year ago a Russian couple age 73 and 65 road round the world on their
bicycle and made a stop over in Singapore. They were featured in a documentary
through Channel News Asia. That program had many younger people take up
cycling.

On June 2, there will be a national event for cyclists to be held at Paya Lebar
Runway. This will be its second running.

--------------------------------------------
Once you know the health benefits of riding
a bicycle you will never stop cycling all your life.
No stroke, heart disease even when you reach 80 years old.

:thumbsup: :)

wat abt the waste? we may create more problem if the waste is not properly taken care of especially in countries where there is corruption:angry:

Send the waste to the moon and have it stored there. Have it monitored by people living on an base called Moon Base Alpha. ;)

Showing my age here....

Astronomers have found a "new earth" that's bigger than our current one just 20 light years away... Maybe we can emigrate after we nuke ourselves silly. Nuclear power has one big problem and that's the disposal of spent fuel rods.

Astronomers have found a "new earth" that's bigger than our current one just 20 light years away... Maybe we can emigrate after we nuke ourselves silly. Nuclear power has one big problem and that's the disposal of spent fuel rods.

Mmmm provided we dont have a war ala Gundum style first by the present nuclear superpowers to wrest control of the new earth.

Astronomers have found a "new earth" that's bigger than our current one just 20 light years away...

20 light years away......maybe its HELL the astronomers found...:bsmilie:

And I suppose you'll use magic to get that energy to earth? :)

"3 leg" Megatron & borrow some energonze cubes from Sound Wave. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

seriously, i think tapping on solar power (both heat & light) is the best bet. why not invest in making the process efficient? right now i heard the most efficient panel is only 45% & its not ready for mass production till a few more yrs later. on the market now the best panel is only 20+%.

energy production & consumption reduction from both machine & man have to go hand in hand. :)

i dun think nuclear power is the future, i also dun vote for it. its waste is a big headache to dispose of.

Hey, don't forget that we have already have the nuclear fusion generator in our backyard. The Sun is the biggest nuclear fusion generator in our solar system. There is no worry of the nuclear waste and mining for the material to make the nuclear fusion. It is all done naturally.

If only we can put in more research to harvest this energy and put it to good use.

All the talk is useless if we, ourselves does not put in effort to reduce our energy usage and continue emitting carbon dioxide from the energy we use.

Consider this:

Instead of driving around looking of a carpark next to your destination, why not just parked at the first available parking lot within your comfortable walking distance? Better still, consider taking public transport.

Instead of using a lift all the way to you apartment, how about stopping along the way and climb up the stairs? This can save both electrical energy and improve your fitness.

Every single thing we do will added up. Do it now, don't waste time talking and discussing.

Next time our camera will be powered by nuclear energy!

Here is a solution:
Get a market bike for less than a hundred bucks and park it half way in a convenient
location with a shackle lock so that it won't be so easy stolen.

More information on locking your bike can be found here:

1) www.sgcycling.org
2) www.togoparts.com

The above are popular cycling communities in Singapore.

Have found members in the forums where they commute daily to work on their
bicycles riding at least 15 to 20 kilometers one way. The first two months can be
difficult but once your legs and heart can use to it, it is a bliss to ride your bike
to work. Try it and be encourage. Have been cycling to school since I was
14 years old (from Queenstown to Barker Road, near Newton Circus).

A year ago a Russian couple age 73 and 65 road round the world on their
bicycle and made a stop over in Singapore. They were featured in a documentary
through Channel News Asia. That program had many younger people take up
cycling.

On June 2, there will be a national event for cyclists to be held at Paya Lebar
Runway. This will be its second running.

--------------------------------------------
Once you know the health benefits of riding
a bicycle you will never stop cycling all your life.
No stroke, heart disease even when you reach 80 years old.

:thumbsup: :)

me too! :thumbsup: I cycle daily too! :sweatsm:

You don't have to worry so much. Adaptation and evolution will take care of everything. Change is inevitable, the only sure thing. Just live your lifes. If the human race goes extinct, it must have been an inherent deficiency in our biological make-up to not allow us to survive in the long run anyway.

Let roaches rule the earth. They are the true survivors. :bsmilie:

Where there's a will there's a way.

If we are in dire need to create energy efficiently, we will do so. Its all based around Boserup's theory. The need to survive will stimulate the development of new technologies and ideas and allow us to live our lives far more efficiently.

Impossible is nothing.

The way is to shoot slides on manual cameras without batteries. Recycle the silver after processing. Recycle the plastic for the roll you gonna throw away and don't print on paper. Use sunlight to project your works.

Status
Not open for further replies.