Nikon F6 - Official Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
never say film is dead, i use film too, just funny on 'PRO' level many professionals, people whom will normally buy this camera have already migrated to digital bodies.

Canon also release film bodies but only on level entry and mid price bodies. ;)

i'm also a film advocator, but on a business sense and level, they will be selling less of F6 then F5, you know what i mean? :dunno:

its not its bad, i love the F6 cos i hope canon will have a new offering as well then i can buy the 1v at a better price point! :D

Belle&Sebastain said:
never say film is dead, i use film too, just funny on 'PRO' level many professionals, people whom will normally buy this camera have already migrated to digital bodies.

Canon also release film bodies but only on level entry and mid price bodies. ;)

i'm also a film advocator, but on a business sense and level, they will be selling less of F6 then F5, you know what i mean? :dunno:
Bingo, this is the point. Is F5 not good enough? I am afraid Nikon should have spent more R&D in DIGITAL SLR, especially the FF to compete with Canon, instead of the pro SLR body F6. Unless they have some hidden plan that we don't know yet. ;)

tomshen said:
Bingo, this is the point. Is F5 not good enough? I am afraid Nikon should have spent more R&D in DIGITAL SLR, especially the FF to compete with Canon, instead of the pro SLR body F6. Unless they have some hidden plan that we don't know yet. ;)

Full frame digital back for F6 to allow users to choose between film or digital? :devil:

If Leica can do it to R8 and R9, I don't see why Nikon can't do it on the more electronic F6 :D

canturn said:
If Leica can do it to R8 and R9, I don't see why Nikon can't do it on the more electronic F6 :D
Well, we haven't seen the Leica Digital Modul-R apart from a concept drawing and some details on Leica's website, so its still vaporware at this point in time (remember SiliconFilm ... same concept too).

So the correct statement should be "If Leica can conceptualise it for the R8 and R9, I don't see why Nikon can't do the same conceptualisation on the more electronic F6 and keep the Nikon users drooling ..." :D :devil:

Maybe Leaf Valeo will design the digital for F6..... 22mp =)

canturn said:
Full frame digital back for F6 to allow users to choose between film or digital? :devil:

could it be the case, correct me if i'm wrong, not a nikon user anymore, the F6 is without a vertical grip right? maybe can have somesort of digital back with grip attached???

Dun think so. The key is to remove the cover where we usually open to place our 135 format films and attach a digital back.

If Nikon really have intention to design a digital back for F6, i am sure there will be some modification done to the Film placement component. Perhaps we will have some clue when we open the cover and see the interior design of F6.

Bernard Ong said:
If Nikon really have intention to design a digital back for F6, i am sure there will be some modification done to the Film placement component. Perhaps we will have some clue when we open the cover and see the interior design of F6.

A digital back will make the F6 interesting for everyone including PROs.

Bernard, like your signature, if you have another son can name him Can Ong? (canon) :bsmilie:

Bernard Ong said:
Think about this: when u buy an F6 and bring it back home, open the film placement component... guess what!?!? ;)

The best part is that *the mysterious thing* is interchangeable with all Canon 1V...

I do not think F6 would have any digi back to go with it as what is going to happen to their flagships D2H and D2X?

Those national geography film shooters would probably grab one of these...maybe 2. I think Steve McCurry can finally retire his F100s.

Hmmm.... Somehow it does not look as bulletproof as the F5. From looks, it looks pretty flimsy.... Whereas an F5 has a rock solid look and feel! :think:

tomshen said:

Some speculation from the Nikonians website seems to suggest that the F6 was conceived quite a while ago but was aborted for a while. There seems to be some similiarities between the F6 and D2H which suggests that Nikon may have originally developed the 2 in tandem but held back on announcing the F6...

canturn said:

I suspect that's on Nikon's mind. The focusing system seems to be the same as D2x (11pt & group Dynamic AF). At this moment, nikon still don't have a full frame DSLR. I suspect they may have the intention for F6 to be Hybrid camera- a full frame DSLR ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.