Nikon F6 - Official Press Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Nikon has merged the F100 and F5 with the new F6. Perhaps so that they can pare down their film SLR line (lower production costs perhaps).

I see that Nikon have 'answered' Canon's dust and water proofing marketing ploy of their 1V.(one for the measurebators to **** abt)

On the serious side of things, they have also looked at the solving the issue of the removable vert grip gripe of F5 users and posers. It would also make the basic body cheaper and more accessible to a wider market (and maybe death of F100?). But their implementation of the F6 vert grip looks like shite. The camera with grip is actually larger and thicker than the F5.

At least they were smart enuff to include the Ai tab, not doing so would have 'killed' the camera for sure. Perhaps they are listening to their users after all.

Darren said:
Well, we haven't seen the Leica Digital Modul-R apart from a concept drawing and some details on Leica's website, so its still vaporware at this point in time (remember SiliconFilm ... same concept too).

So the correct statement should be "If Leica can conceptualise it for the R8 and R9, I don't see why Nikon can't do the same conceptualisation on the more electronic F6 and keep the Nikon users drooling ..." :D :devil:

a little OT here... just FYI, the Digital Modul-R is gonna be out in the market in December...friend of mine in Holland have already placed deposit for it, market price is $4500-4700 USD :bigeyes:

Wow, another expensive P&S! What's wrong with the F5?

The F6 is looking cool with the battery pack.. looks bigger den the F5, and with the LCD panel, but its a total wastage that the F6 was not designed with comparison of the F5 which was a very successful model. All in one design, with the grip and stuffs, looks like a D70 in the front, but the back its rather ok to me.

but the F6 is an improvement and a step towards future designs and innovations. we all can see, they incorporated new materials in the F6 too rite ? and the releasing of F6 also gives other competitors that Nikon is not giving up on Film and they are still producing Professional Flim bodies, and while its only a matter of time before Canon produces the next generation of flim bodies, as mentioned of the digi back...

its not possible as if the digi back were to be released, isnt it going to cripple the sales of all DSLRs ?? lol...

so maybe in times to come... maybe the F6 will be the best film camera to replace the F5, and the D2x to replace the D1x.... so now... we will take the back seat and wait for reviews on these 2 monsters (F6 / D2x) and the upcoming most anticipated, replacement of the D100... lol...

The F6 looks fine with the Battery Pack in but it looks kinda weird without it... dun look "pro" hahahaha...... macam D70.. dun like the looks without it.. BIG means power....

lol.... BIG is everything....=X :bsmilie:

I personally welcome the removable(optional) grip as there are times that I don't need it at all (camera mounted on tripod). Save some space and weight in the bag.

Just been informed by Nikon Singapore that the Nikon F6 is in the shops (actually was pre-empted by AJ23's post in the Nikon sub-forum).

The MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) is S$3,950.00.

Adding two more pictures of the F6.

F6_16_l.jpg

F6_21_l.jpg

kongg said:
Thats the essence of Nikon, "At the Heart of the Image"-->>photography. Digital or film, this company did not forget its roots or did it abandon some traditionalist aspects of photography through film cameras (Fm3a, now F6), unlike some of its rivals. I am pleasantly surprised that they did go ahead with the F6 despite the temptation to abandon production of pro level film cameras and go all out into digital. Just glad to be using a product from a company with a soul.

Yah man! Make me feel like selling away my Canon EOS 3 and all lenses to get the Nikon F5 or F6! Nikon is really good at its system!

Status
Not open for further replies.