Nikon D90 + Raynox DCR250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlato

May 21, 2009
singapore
Hi all..

any information about nikon D90 with raynox DCR250?
right now i'm using nikon 18-105mm VR and nikon 50mm 1.8d, which lens better for super macro?

Hi all

hehe sorry, i mean both lens with Raynox DCR250, which one better for super macro ?

thanks;)

if i'm not wrong , the 18-105mm got vignetting at max zoom.
i wanted to buy but low on budget. =[

TS, i think you'll be better to try it out yourself and let us know since you got both lenses and the Raynox DCR250... i got only 50mm try liao also no use... ;)

i have a d90 with raynox 250. When using 18-105 lens, vignetting will occur at max 105mm. I used it with my 50mm and works great and the macro shot is very sharp if used with f/11 or f/22. very shallow DOF at f/1.8.

ooo ok..wow thank's for your advice! hehehe very newbie in macro..=)

very nice. Could one of u guys show sample the sample shot from Raynox DCR250?
I would like to get one for myself too.

so how TS? which one is better?

I got a raynox 250 which i use with my 55-200mm but i sold it together with my body when i upgrade...

Now i own a D90 + Sigma 30mm and 18-200mm and my 18-200mm is too big for the raynox. Anyone can recommend me what should i do? sell my 30mm and get 50mm F1.8? what other lens options do i have?

if you sell your sigma 30mm
you can buy a proper macro lens like the tamron 90mm already. much better then using 50mm 1.8 with raynox.

but to me, sigma 30mm is a good lens to keep.

so how TS? which one is better?

I got a raynox 250 which i use with my 55-200mm but i sold it together with my body when i upgrade...

Now i own a D90 + Sigma 30mm and 18-200mm and my 18-200mm is too big for the raynox. Anyone can recommend me what should i do? sell my 30mm and get 50mm F1.8? what other lens options do i have?

I have tried to use my 18-105mm with a Raynox DCR-250. It does have some slight vignetting at 105mm. If you don't mind doing some cropping, it does serve as a good and cheap macro setup. But I personally prefer to use my 50mm F1.8 with CM-2000A(DCR-150+DCR-250), but do note that the working distant between the lens and the subject is only 1.5cm. Which also dictate that my chance with taking butterfly shots are very very little. Any other insects that are not too skittish are fine though.

Wayne900- I will get a 50mm F1.8 to try out if you already have a DCR-250. And even if it's not working well for you, 50mm F1.8 still serve as a very good portrait lens. If you are serious about macro, go ahead with your purchase on Tamron 90mm or 180mm(whichever fits your wallet)

i have the Sigma 30mm for my portrait lens.. Now the headache part is should i sell my Raynox and get a Tamron 90mm for my macro and carry on 30mm for my portrait. Or i should sell my 30mm and get a 50mm F1.8 for my portrait and macro together and i still got money leftover to buy a SB-800.

i have the Sigma 30mm for my portrait lens.. Now the headache part is should i sell my Raynox and get a Tamron 90mm for my macro and carry on 30mm for my portrait. Or i should sell my 30mm and get a 50mm F1.8 for my portrait and macro together and i still got money leftover to buy a SB-800.

Get the one with leftover to buy SB800. :thumbsup:
But think carefully about the 30mm and 50mm.. Which one suit u better..

Hi, your macro pictures are impressive and encouraging me to pick up the Raynox DCR250 too! Could you share the rest of your set-up - flash? tripod? TIA!

Thanks for viewing.
i used on-board flash with DIY diffuser. all shoots are done without tripod.

all my photos are cropped till to vignetting. using 18-105mm lens :D

so therell always vignetting in 18-105 lens or just in 105mm? so if use 50mm no vignetting??
im planning to get the raynox dcr250 too,

is it hard to use that raynox? so just attach it on the lens and shoot? and flash is a must? how close should u get to the subject to focus?
sorry im newbie in macro here...
btw, i have the same gear d90, 18-105 and 50 1.8
thanks

Last edited:
i m using D90 with 18-105 VR + raynox 250 & kenko extention tube 36mm.although working distance is very near, but i am satisfied with the result. and i oways use the max focal legth(105) and no veginetting occur whn i use tis combination.while i was in s're, most of my shot r with tripod. but now most of my shot r handheld due to the demographic here is really hard for me to mount my camera on a tripod becos mostly i m shooting on the sliding hill(which most of the time shoot at palm oil estate).
i m nt a expert in shooting macro but i think b4 i purchase a real macro lens tis set up can train my skill in macro....:bsmilie:

Any idea how much is Raynox DCR250 ?

I bought from CS'er, jim_mcgill some time ago I think for about $110.
He's still selling, under the Mass Sale forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.