NIKON D850 Announcement

Lolz i check a few stores they taking early bird buyer for a ride by selling at retail price $4999.

If retail, I will wait crazy to buy at retail price.

With low supply (not sure the apology for not meeting the demand a marketing gig by Nikon) and high demand, the price can be set higher and it will still sell. Wait for supply become stable and the demand die down hence the price will be lower. I waiting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going for about $4500+, almost the same price as the D800e when it was new.

How u get 4500+?, currently i check all quote me 4999

Lolz i check a few stores they taking early bird buyer for a ride by selling at retail price $4999.

If retail, I will wait crazy to buy at retail price.

Not a surprise, I got my D800 at RRP when it first came out. Just wait for the demand/supply to balance out and prices will normalize. Probably 6 months to a year?

Not in a rush. So I'm willing to wait.

Not a surprise, I got my D800 at RRP when it first came out. Just wait for the demand/supply to balance out and prices will normalize. Probably 6 months to a year?

Seems each store got 1 set each and is sold out. Lots of custoners in queue already.

Should buy 11 and sell 10 down under for S$5500 each

......... better than putting money in the bank. Still not too late to do it. :)

Apology and Notice of Delivery Delivery “Nikon D850”

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of Nikon products.

We have received quite a lot of reservations for the Nikon digital single lens reflex camera “D850” planned to be released on Friday, September 8, 2017. Therefore, We may get time to deliver the product.

We deeply apologize for causing serious inconveniences to the concerned parties, including customers waiting for products awaited.

Some customers who have already made reservations may not be able to deliver on the day of release date. In addition, it will be delivered to customers who will reserve it in the future, so it may take time to deliver the item.

We will make every effort to deliver it as soon as possible so we appreciate your understanding.

Happy Waiting Until The Price Go Down But It Won't Happen That Soon ....

Ya no hurry. It's not as if I need the camera to earn $$. It's just a hobby wait for 3~6 months won't make much different for us. Beside SG population so small and even smaller pool of Nikon users and out of this pool of Nikon users even smaller pool of buyer want to spend on D850.

So give it 3 months unless Nikon japan screw up on their production else by then stock will be everywhere.

Ya no hurry. It's not as if I need the camera to earn $$. It's just a hobby wait for 3~6 months won't make much different for us. Beside SG population so small and even smaller pool of Nikon users and out of this pool of Nikon users even smaller pool of buyer want to spend on D850.

So give it 3 months unless Nikon japan screw up on their production else by then stock will be everywhere.

Should be longer than that, if I remember correctly from the d800 release, at least 6 months

It is made in Thailand. So unless another flood, the production should be high with the cheaper labour compared to Japan.

Had a chance to get a unit over the weekend, but eventually turned it down after considering the price (at $4,999, no AD discount). Had bought my D810 shortly after launch at $3,900 (retail: $4,888). I still plan to buy it eventually. Does any one have experience on when the price might start to drop to "normal" levels?

Had a chance to get a unit over the weekend, but eventually turned it down after considering the price (at $4,999, no AD discount). Had bought my D810 shortly after launch at $3,900 (retail: $4,888). I still plan to buy it eventually. Does any one have experience on when the price might start to drop to "normal" levels?

As mention above just wait a few month for the demand to die down then the shop LL will drop the price instead of using Nikon retail price. Now is carrot cake price for those who are rich and want the latest flashy toy to show off. So just sit back and relax.. the bro here will on & off report on the latest street price.

Should buy 11 and sell 10 down under for S$5500 each

Actually some reputable authorized dealers in Oz have it for under $5k AUD now with 2 yr Nikon Aus warranty and you can claim back the 10% GST when traveling internationally. It seems market forces are already bringing Oz prices to a reasonable level.

✋🏼 Love how fast the AF is and how clean ISO 25600 is when compared to my D800

Last edited:
✋�� Love how fast the AF is and how clean ISO 25600 is when compared to my D800

A rich buyer, first post to show off the shiny toy.. lolz joking don't get angry.. :)

Welcome to the club.. any sample photo to show and also compare D800 with D850... thanks