Nikon D70 failed and continuous blinking of CF light

Does your D70 failed and CF light keeps on blinking, MENU wont display, etc...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcholly said:
My D70 failed yesterday in eactly the same way - took it to Nikon who can't explain why - with all the other failures reported they should know by now -
Purchased mine March 2004 - serial number 8001002 have had other problems as well - over exposure in bright sunlight - even in auto modes! - problems - continuos shooting - can't achieve 3 fps when using ANY of the JPEG settings - OK if I use NEF plus when using NEF+JPEG it transfers two small JPEGS via USB - OK if transfered via my Nixvue digital album - Nikon keep it 4weeks and reported everything was OK - but I still can't shoot 3fps with JPEG files more like 2fps
Have invested very heavily in Nikor lenses so I'm really locked in to Nikon now - but I am unsure about getting another D70 - but I have so many jobs to do I can't be without it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

This problem is related to a loose connector in the FCB board which was reported in another forum, but I've forgotten the website.

ParkertR said:
Sorry I don't understand what you're saying... but....

1) I use manual mode to shoot too and using "M" won't cause your camera to fail
2) Removing the batteries when not shooting is fine

Oh...I meant will this problem of D70...will eventually cause D70 to cease function totally. I am current in france so ...repair is kind of difficult and also warrently is over. Its kind of sway...i have my S2 pro CCD problem when reach France on the first day... bought the D70 from fellow CSer and ship it here. Now D70 also has problem... hope its can function in M mode until i get back home in maybe 5 months.

Ender said:
Oh...I meant will this problem of D70...will eventually cause D70 to cease function totally. I am current in france so ...repair is kind of difficult and also warrently is over. Its kind of sway...i have my S2 pro CCD problem when reach France on the first day... bought the D70 from fellow CSer and ship it here. Now D70 also has problem... hope its can function in M mode until i get back home in maybe 5 months.

Im in Thailand and I hope my D70 doesn't give me problems too!! Hmm...

What kind of problems are you facing with your D70 right now? Care to share so that we might know?

ParkertR said:
Im in Thailand and I hope my D70 doesn't give me problems too!! Hmm...

What kind of problems are you facing with your D70 right now? Care to share so that we might know?

Thanks ParkertR.
Metering dont work...can only use Manual exposure. Its would not power up when battery is left in camera for a while. CF card green keep blinking when trying to power up. I think its all list in this/your thread. It all start with camera would not power up ...after i take out and put battery in..its OK. Then this metering problem occur... maybe cause by the battery in camera. :dunno:

I just got my camera back from Nikon service centre. Repairs were done in 3 days...damn lucky not many ppl queueing. The problem was the circuit board. Bought mine on 1st April 04 and they replaced the faulty parts for free. I asked if this problem was more common in the earlier batches. The person replied the new ones also might face the same problem, not very common in Singapore though. I believe that if its a manufacting problem, Nikon will be willing to replace the parts for free even out of warranty. Well, its still a 'value for money' Dslr despite having such problems.

Nick

pcholly said:
My D70 failed yesterday in eactly the same way - took it to Nikon who can't explain why - with all the other failures reported they should know by now -
Purchased mine March 2004 - serial number 8001002 have had other problems as well - over exposure in bright sunlight - even in auto modes! - problems - continuos shooting - can't achieve 3 fps when using ANY of the JPEG settings - OK if I use NEF plus when using NEF+JPEG it transfers two small JPEGS via USB - OK if transfered via my Nixvue digital album - Nikon keep it 4weeks and reported everything was OK - but I still can't shoot 3fps with JPEG files more like 2fps
Have invested very heavily in Nikor lenses so I'm really locked in to Nikon now - but I am unsure about getting another D70 - but I have so many jobs to do I can't be without it AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I think you should send it back for them to check it out again.When collecting the item,try to go in the morning when its rather empty.If the same problem persist,request to see the person in-charge of repairing your camera. Demo it to him what the problem is about. I've seen many such cases,the person will gladly check your camera again.

Nick

I just got my camera back from Nikon service centre. Repairs were done in 3 days...damn lucky not many ppl queueing. The problem was the circuit board. Bought mine on 1st April 04 and they replaced the faulty parts for free. I asked if this problem was more common in the earlier batches. The person replied the new ones also might face the same problem, not very common in Singapore though. I believe that if its a manufacting problem, Nikon will be willing to replace the parts for free even out of warranty. Well, its still a 'value for money' Dslr despite having such problems.

Nick

Glad to hear that your camera is back :) happy shooting man!!!

Still, I felt so sad not being able to go for the newbie outing and the D70 workshop held last week. Hope to play an active role in CS activities.

Nick

stiener said:
Still, I felt so sad not being able to go for the newbie outing and the D70 workshop held last week. Hope to play an active role in CS activities.

Nick

Don't worry, you will get your chance ....... we will see to it that you keep your promise. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Haha...thanks...just got out of ARMY so got more time to go around shooting.

Nick

glensky said:
had e same problem...w d70 cf card light blinking....ask them to replace everything including kit lense..wc they did on e spot.

my cam is one of e first batch...bought it during e launching on one of computer show!

stiener said:
Haha...thanks...just got out of ARMY so got more time to go around shooting.

Nick
Regardless of in army or not :nono:, you have to SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!! ;p

ParkertR said:
whoa.. they did? hmm how old was your set glensky?

sorry,..i went to this camera shop at shaw 2nd floor i think...they test it..replace e camera first....but e blinking didnt stop...replace e kit lense...it then stop.!!!!dunno wats happening at that time...but in the end im HAPPY W A COMPLETE NEW SET....but recently i dropped it casing cracked easily from e upper right side...hearthbroken!!!service center says it will cost me sgd120.00 for e parts and sgd90.00 for e service..

Wah lau ESPN...I in combat side what...weekend go home already half dead liao,how to walk around and shoot...weekend alot of places want to shoot also very crowded(esp. when there's an event going on)want to shoot also very difficult unlike week days.Will need alot of help from you in the near future.

Nick

Sianz now my turn :angry: :angry: very long time never use always in my dry box ..... just now take out to test ..... then the LED blink blink .... arhhhhh.....

wana go and take fire works also cannot :angry: :angry: :angry: Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another D70 bites the dust!!! Can hear my knees knocking??? :eek: :eek:

i bourgh it when it first day launch in Singapore .......... now feeling sianz ...... ... cant take picture .............. arhhhhhh arhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.