Nikon D50

Status
Not open for further replies.

vn611

Mar 24, 2006
I'm going to Singapore next week, i want to buy the Nikon D50, so can anyone Pls tell me how much for the brand new Nikon D50 they sell in the Singapre market? Tks in advance

Chao, ban nguoi vietnam ?

i read in dpreview forum that Nikon plans to cut prices in some models like D70s from 1st April 2006.
This would be interesting to see.....
In the US, some places (Roberts Imaging) are selling d70s for US$649....

Lets see if Nikon Singapore also adjust their prices a bit. Noticed D50 already drop $100 on most major retail shops. D70s yet to change since launch.

vn611 said:
I'm going to Singapore next week, i want to buy the Nikon D50, so can anyone Pls tell me how much for the brand new Nikon D50 they sell in the Singapre market? Tks in advance
$1188 at MS for a D50 kit. I bought mine last 2 weeks ago.:)

Good price. I paid $100 more in Dec 2005.

yes, i think go for D70s better...

hirowen said:
Hi foxxy..why do u find that D70s is better? function wise?

Definitely more functions available... If you know how to use them though...

If you are just progressing from point and shoots and will be comfortable with auto mode most of the time, then stick to the D50. But if you intend to figure out more and wish to try out the different modes and be willing to experiment, then go for the D70s.

use the $ save on D50 to buy a better lens rather then to jump into D70s if u r just a beginner with DSLR... :think:

zhang3feng said:
use the $ save on D50 to buy a better lens rather then to jump into D70s if u r just a beginner with DSLR... :think:

Actually, the $500 difference from a D70 kit to D50 kit IMO isn't that much. And a 18-70 is definitely much better than the 18-55 on the D50 kit. So, it's more of a nit-pick to see which you would feel more comfortable with.

zac08 said:
Actually, the $500 difference from a D70 kit to D50 kit IMO isn't that much. And a 18-70 is definitely much better than the 18-55 on the D50 kit. So, it's more of a nit-pick to see which you would feel more comfortable with.

well, $500 can get u a 50mm f1.8 for $180, a 2nd hand D70s Kit lens 18-70mm for $300 remaining $20 can buy a good blower for ur camera~ ;)

zac08 said:

I agree with this, much better option than getting the d50, but each to his own, not a great difference in camera but its enough of a difference and the lens is super for its price :thumbsup:

u can always go to malaysia and get D70s kit for RM3500
today's exchange rate, that would be $1530 ?
the body is warrantied by Nikon Malaysia and the lens international.

bernier said:
$1188 at MS for a D50 kit. I bought mine last 2 weeks ago.:)

Sorry..got to ask again..cuz i am planning my saving to buy 1..is that $1188 with or without GST?

should be with GST...
its always cheaper than harvey norman...by $200

zhang3feng said:

I agree with you. For someone totally new like me, the D50 is versatile enough for me and the price is right. I'm only using the 18-55 kit lens, until I know what I need further down the road. Even if you give me a D70s now, my pictures still won't look any better... but maybe it'll make ME look better carrying it around ;p

But I guess for the more experienced users, it may be a totally different story as they already have certain expectations from a DSLR. So the additional features will be useful to them as they already know how to utilize them.

As for me, I think the D50 will last me for quite a while until I know how to use it to take good pictures. So maybe by the time I'm ready to upgrade, the D200 may cost as much as the D50 now! :bsmilie:

having used a D70 ... then using a D50 .. i'm somehow more inclined to suggest the D70 ... for a few reasons ... most of them would probably be personal pref ..

but the D70 has a larger handgrip and feels more solid ... compared to the d50, the extra weight makes it easier to handhold at slow shutterspeeds ..

more buttons, more short cuts, 2 jog dials... i.e. once u get used to the settings ... it's easy peasy ...

superfly said:
I agree with you. For someone totally new like me, the D50 is versatile enough for me and the price is right. I'm only using the 18-55 kit lens, until I know what I need further down the road. Even if you give me a D70s now, my pictures still won't look any better... but maybe it'll make ME look better carrying it around ;p

But I guess for the more experienced users, it may be a totally different story as they already have certain expectations from a DSLR. So the additional features will be useful to them as they already know how to utilize them.

As for me, I think the D50 will last me for quite a while until I know how to use it to take good pictures. So maybe by the time I'm ready to upgrade, the D200 may cost as much as the D50 now! :bsmilie:
Yeah, and that time you will see D300 on the shop. Probably you will think about D300 than D200...:sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.