newfacepics

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiki said:
For me i am a software developer, sometime i also need tips and code for certain information. I post and most of the time people are willing to share. As a developer i too help by sharing what i know. It ins't always the situation where you must say no $$ no code. It all depends on situation and for this situation i don't think the requestor has done anything inappropriate. Imagine a newbie posting a photo asking for comment and everyone wants to charge "consultancy" fee??
I think the operative word here is "Sharing" or "Give and take" so to speak.

Which in fact is what tfcd is all about.
If she wants photos org a tfcd and she will have a queue
she gains and the photog gains and mua also gains
win, win, win situation, no money change hands

mattlock said:
hi wiki, I do advocate the sharing of information, but the analogy you used is abit different. Developers helping developers is common, I help fellow photographers willingly too as I believe in the sharing of information among fellow photographers.
I'm sure you're not going to be giving free software to any tom dick or harry on the street, neither am I going to give my photos to any tom dick or harry on the street.
there are also free software around :) alot of software available that you can download for free (ifranview is a good example, firefox is another). The key point is that i do understand some people do charge for photo and i am totally fine. What i feel is that it is also not wrong for pple to request for something free. If others are willing to give it free so be it. It is just a request, and i don't see why there are some views that make it seem so wrong to even make a request

:sweat: wow.. this thread is still so alive...

:bsmilie: kinda interesting to wonder how a simple request becomes so much discussion...

good to see many different views too though, but the person who kinda started the "original" harsh comment seem to have disappeared.. lolx, dunno if the person now is enjoying the thread being so lively... :bsmilie:

ortega said:
I think the operative word here is "Sharing" or "Give and take" so to speak.

Which in fact is what tfcd is all about.
If she wants photos org a tfcd and she will have a queue
she gains and the photog gains and mua also gains
win, win, win situation, no money change hands

Just another way of seeing.

At this point, after winning the contest, I do not think she needs a tfp or tfcd. Photoshoots will be plenty. And maybe she already had tons of them.

But the event will ever be replicated. No amount of tfcd can bring that event. Like your first born. The first time he/she opens the eyes. It does not matter whether you can arrange a fantasic studio shoot later. The first eye opening may be taken in lousy light. But the images cannot be repeated.

wiki said:
there are also free software around :) alot of software available that you can download for free (ifranview is a good example, firefox is another). The key point is that i do understand some people do charge for photo and i am totally fine. What i feel is that it is also not wrong for pple to request for something free. If others are willing to give it free so be it. It is just a request, and i don't see why there are some views that make it seem so wrong to even make a request

Free software - free becos it is hard to sell and needs a lot of effort to market and so forth. Often done by some amateurs.

Free photos - similarly, taken by some amateurs. In any case, if you do not give, it stays in the HDD/CD and got no commercial value after all.

All these out of goodwill. In this forum, just like people giving advise, comments and sometimes even tutorials out of goodwill too. This kind of sharing - altruism, isn't it. (not sure if it's correctly spelt)

Status
Not open for further replies.