New Lenses from Pentax (Q,K,645 and K01)

The new DA 50mm lens seems to have a plastic mount like all the other DAL lens. So they might change the name to DAL 50mm F1.8...
But hey, I don't care, as long is optically sharp! ;p

The dedicated K-01 lens is differerent from the prototype we played during the outing. That one is the 40mm XS we are getting (to use on both K-01 and other dSLR cameras). But this new one can only be used on K-01 camera. It looks really nicer indeed.

Hmmm. I suppose this is not 40mm? It would not make sense to have yet another 40mm when the XS lens is already there, since any benefit will be marginal. As opposed to say, having a really thin 28mm..

Yeah, I guess so. Probably a 28mm? From the distance scale/mark, it doesn't look like a lens which has a focal lengh longer than 40/50mm or shorter than 24mm ...

should still be a 40mm based on the distance scale (same as the DA40ltd)

images

The new DA 50mm lens seems to have a plastic mount like all the other DAL lens. So they might change the name to DAL 50mm F1.8...
But hey, I don't care, as long is optically sharp! ;p

The 35/2.4 lens is called a DA, not a DAL ;)

should still be a 40mm based on the distance scale (same as the DA40ltd)

images

They already released a 40XS which works fine on K-01, and the extrusion part beyond the mount plate is just way too much for a 40mm. I guess we'll soon find it out when Pentax leak/release its specs :)

They already released a 40XS which works fine on K-01, and the extrusion part beyond the mount plate is just way too much for a 40mm. I guess we'll soon find it out when Pentax leak/release its specs :)

From my point of view, why it is probably not a 40mm lens is from a practical point of view.

Especially since the 2 40mm lenses are already so small. Why would Pentax want to have a 40mm Limited, 40mm XS, and a 40mm XXS??? :dunno:

Might be an ultra-wide? 14mm? 12mm? Can see a round bulb inside.

It would puzzle me why they'd do that.
So hopefully some sort of 'normal' or wide on APS-C (ie. 24mm; 28mm; 30mm)

Finally, and exciting,

DA 50 f1.8 is out, guess the press would be around 150 SGD, and 35mm around 200 SGD.

now, pentax has the cheapest 35mm lens, and a good priced 50mm lens, if they going to have a 85mm f1.8 around 300 sgd, then would be perfect to finish the budget lineup to attract people from C and N group.

The 560mm is not a star lens, that is good news, means it will not cost like a star,
imagine how Canikon charge for 500mm lens over X000 sgd, if this telephoto lens can make into a 1xxx range,

also hope 560mm is not below xxx, as that won't make people think it is just a telescope like the Vivitar/Samyang 500mm preset lens.

then, another reason C N people jump into Pentax for such a Prime Super telephoto.

Actually, at first glance at the picture of the 560mm in this thread, I thought that looks like those 500mm lens seen in ebay. It needs the big and bold Pentax lettering on the hood like the FA600mm that Fengwei brought to SBG. However, I am sure it should be there on the final relased product.

Kinda wish the da50 had manual aperture control on it like the nikon equivalent...at least i'd be able to use it on my film kx:p

Kinda wish the da50 had manual aperture control on it like the nikon equivalent...at least i'd be able to use it on my film kx:p

There are abundance of 50mm lenses out there for your film kx.

I'm interested in the 560mm lens. Finally we got something for birdings :cool:

FW I am looking forward to this lens too

My guess the new lens for the K-01 is a 28mm or a 70mm focal length.
The 560mm f/5.6 definitely looks interesting.
Wah, got cheap 50mm... to compete with my expensive my DA 55mm.
All good news...

Who knows it come out a 23mm or 26mm Focal Length.
They always like to be unique.. hehe.:bsmilie:

Who knows it come out a 23mm or 26mm Focal Length.
They always like to be unique.. hehe.:bsmilie:

The 24mm and the 28mm is currently the elusive focal lengths in the DA setup. Both makes perfect sense - 23/24 would be a 35 FOV, and a 28mm would be a 43 FOV. Perfect.

The 24mm and the 28mm is currently the elusive focal lengths in the DA setup. Both makes perfect sense - 23/24 would be a 35 FOV, and a 28mm would be a 43 FOV. Perfect.

28mm was my favourite focal length for street photography when I was still doing it a while back. :heart: Such a versatile focal length.

i hope the 560mm is at the $xxx range. That way I have a complete kit imo! If really that cheap I sure LUP!