NEW -fuji F200EXR is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome, "angmo" ;)
You're the second Dutch I came across in several months.
Anyway, congrats on the F200 purchase. I cannot say it can replace my Pentax K200D (quite far away!) but its one of the best PnS cameras around and since getting it, I have been using it more than my DSLR, not because the IQ can match the K200D but because its portable and takes reasonably decent shots. :)

you mean dane. dutch is from holland. ;p

oops....sorry about that. You're right. Danes are from Denmark ...:sweat:
I was in Denmark back in the early 1990s. Took photos using a film camera. Man if I had the F200EXR then, I would not be stuck with pinkish photos now!
Its really a good grab and go camera. Probably from a consumer point of view, they are losing out because the competition are introducing alot of strange but usually useless features. eg. there was one camera that not only recognise face but can be programmed to recognise a specific face! Sounds cool but how often you need this feature? :)

The full reivew of the F200 is finally out in DPreview.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf200exr/

In summary, it's highly acclaimed for its DR capabilities, but still trails the F31 and LX3 in high ISO performance.

Bro, you must recognise and realise that none of the compacts are even near to perfect. According to market talks, the noise performance of LX3 and F31fd are indeed better than F200, especially above ISO800. Battery life and movie recording of the F200 are not that impressive. IS of the F200 is not that effective and reliable, although it is good to have. Nevertheless, there are many good things to be said of the F200. Let's not continue to argue about which compact camera is better. To each his/her own. Whether a picture turns out well depends on a lot of factors. The camera that is used is just one of the many factors.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to change to F200EXR from my LX3 because it's so much more pocketable.

I'm tempted to change to F200EXR from my LX3 because it's so much more pocketable.

I was previously tempted to get the LX3 too but after seeing it and trying it at a pcshow, I decided it was way too bulky to be called a PnS camera. Then the F200 came out and I settled for it instead. If portability is important, then the F200 should meet your needs.

I was previously tempted to get the LX3 too but after seeing it and trying it at a pcshow, I decided it was way too bulky to be called a PnS camera. Then the F200 came out and I settled for it instead. If portability is important, then the F200 should meet your needs.

lol...that's funny cos that was the way i thought when i bought the F11 after testing the LX1. but 2 years later i end up with a DLUX4. :bsmilie:

I had F200 and LX3 both at the same time for about a month, then sold off F200 and kept the LX3...

Reason is F200's aperture is way too small and in order to capture the same indoor scene settings, it has to go to ISO400 and above.

I think LX3 does not win in noise level, it just wins because it has a bigger aperture which is at least 2 stops faster which I can shoot at ISO200 while for F200 will need at least ISO800 to match the same shutter speed...

Last edited:
I had F200 and LX3 both at the same time for about a month, then sold off F200 and kept the LX3...

Reason is F200's aperture is way too small and in order to capture the same indoor scene settings, it has to go to ISO400 and above.

I think LX3 does not win in noise level, it just wins because it has a bigger aperture which is at least 2 stops faster which I can shoot at ISO200 while for F200 will need at least ISO800 to match the same shutter speed...

For a serious photographer, a fast compact is good to have. There are already too many compacts out there with small apertures, although some of them boast good noise level. If I need to replace my F31fd, I would rather have one with a larger aperture and wide lens. LX3 fits the bill. It would be even better if it comes with 4-5 times zoom.

Last edited:
Looking to replace my Fuji F11.Anyone changed from a F11 to the F200?Hows the noise compared to F11?Worth the change?

just like to check where can i get the cheapest F200EXR ?

any freebies?

Looking to replace my Fuji F11.Anyone changed from a F11 to the F200?Hows the noise compared to F11?Worth the change?

Yep. I upgraded my F11 to F200 because of the wider lens and SD card support. To my eyes, the noise is slightly better on the F200 from ISO400 and above. But the downside is the video quality is worse than the F11. Could be a firmware related issue. :dunno:

hi all, i'll be going on an overseas trip soon. wanna know if i nid another memory stick besides the 8gb i alr had. Anyone had any idea roughly how many pictures the 8gB can hold? dun intend to take videos at all. settings usually i leave it at exr. Thx for any help.:)

hi all, i'll be going on an overseas trip soon. wanna know if i nid another memory stick besides the 8gb i alr had. Anyone had any idea roughly how many pictures the 8gB can hold? dun intend to take videos at all. settings usually i leave it at exr. Thx for any help.:)

u fit 8gd inside can see how many photos left already mah :p

bro
memory stick? you sure you have the correct camera?
only one company on earth use memory stick and its not fujifilm ;)
In anycase, if you own an F200EXR, you see how many shots you can take from the LCD at the top right corner. The manual also indicate the approx shots based on your settings.
cheers

Anyone bought F200exr recenlty? Can share where you bought it and how much you bought it?
I am planning to get 1 in this great sales period

Anyone bought F200exr recenlty? Can share where you bought it and how much you bought it?
I am planning to get 1 in this great sales period

I'm also very interestd to know whats the latest pricing for this cam. Also how much is the larger capacity battery as read that the original one don't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.