NEW -fuji F200EXR is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using EXR mode, both SN and DR settings record in 'M' resolution, except in HR. That's why I do not use EXR mode.

That's why I named this mode 'brain-less'.

apparently, u did not read too much into the implementation behind it...

the hi-iso uses pixel binning.. meaning 2 adjacent pixels are combined as 1... giving it a 6M resolution.

for DR, it takes 2 exposures, and combines them instantaneously to give a 6M resolution...

Just my observation,

In P mode, although we can control the DR and shoot at 12MP, I find the noise level is higher with quite noticeable blue dots around shadow and darker areas.

In EXR mode (Low noise), though it can only be at 6MP and 100%DR, the noise level is pretty well controlled with grainy effect on darker areas but colours are well matched against the intended area.

Even when I try to lower the resolution to 6MP in P mode, it is still slightly noiser than in EXR mode...so I guess there must be "special" noise reduction process built in for it...

I understand this fact. :)

But why restrict myself when I can use 'P' mode to control what and how I photograph?

Ok, I don't talk about what noise or not. I talk about what I see in the LCD when I take. it look better in EXR. Simply Point and shoot.:)

Hi, I wonder if anyone who choose the EXR mode, there's a twitching sound? Is it normal? Cos other modes don't seem to have the "zi zizi zizizi" sound.

Hi, I wonder if anyone who choose the EXR mode, there's a twitching sound? Is it normal? Cos other modes don't seem to have the "zi zizi zizizi" sound.

haiz.. please read through the thread again.. we have mentioned this in about 2 pages back...

Anyone has tried Raynox product on F200? MSN202(Macro) and DCR6600(wide angle to 18.5mm)

haiz.. please read through the thread again.. we have mentioned this in about 2 pages back...

Hi Weixiang, there are too many posts here. I tried to read everyone of them. Probably I've missed out the one you posted. It's nice of you to tell me where is it. But is it necessary for you to sound annoyed?

Hi Weixiang, there are too many posts here. I tried to read everyone of them. Probably I've missed out the one you posted. It's nice of you to tell me where is it. But is it necessary for you to sound annoyed?

its perfectly normal for the camera to sound zizizi... coz its actively seeking and assessing the scene... in EXR AUTO mode, the AF is set to continuous.

So no worries, your camera is working perfectly.. ;) not annoyed lah.. just puzzled over some stuff :dunno:

Enjoy shooting and playing with ur new camera... If you change the AF to continuous in other modes, you will also get the zizizi sound...:thumbsd:

its perfectly normal for the camera to sound zizizi... coz its actively seeking and assessing the scene... in EXR AUTO mode, the AF is set to continuous.

So no worries, your camera is working perfectly.. ;) not annoyed lah.. just puzzled over some stuff :dunno:

Enjoy shooting and playing with ur new camera... If you change the AF to continuous in other modes, you will also get the zizizi sound...:thumbsd:

Orh.. OK! Thanks a lot!

Sigh... called MS Color today and the camera is sold out!

Sigh... called MS Color today and the camera is sold out!

According to Fujifilm Singapore, there are less than 15 units available islandwide as of 20 March 2009. You may want to hunt around or wait until end of this month when the second shipment comes in. ;)

According to Fujifilm Singapore, there are less than 15 units available islandwide as of 20 March 2009. You may want to hunt around or wait until end of this month when the second shipment comes in. ;)

Might head down to get a set... But i feel the LX3 is sharper and have better color... hmmm But the Fujifilm wins in the dynamic range

Might head down to get a set... But i feel the LX3 is sharper and have better color... hmmm But the Fujifilm wins in the dynamic range

I do agree that the LX-3 is sharper, but having better color, that depends. In my opinion, Fujifilm F200EXR wins in terms of both colors and dynamic range. Judging from a former 'tan chiak' photographer point-of-view, I find the colors more accurate than Lumix. :thumbsup:

Again, both LX-3 and F200EXR are different category of cameras.

Last edited:

No worries. I got mine just now. It's ironic that after attending the Canon 'Supersize' talk and seeing how wonderful the 5D Mk II is, I headed to TK and got a Fujifilm F200EXR!

Anyway, batteries are charging now...

Try Kata Digital Pouch DP-411 and Joby Gorillapod.
DP-411-iso_small.jpg

gpod_hanger.png

KopiOkaya, can you advise where I can get the above 2 products? I've tried TK photo, but they do not have it. Would like to hear from you.:)

KopiOkaya, can you advise where I can get the above 2 products? I've tried TK photo, but they do not have it. Would like to hear from you.:)

try orient photo... 8 )
they MIGHT have it

I got this at the recent IT Show for only $10.
It fits the F200EXR perfectly. Unfortunately, normally the price is higher. You can get it at Compass Point Best for under $20 but if you want to pay $10, have to wait for the next PC show..:)

http://bagmanworld.com/products/peedee-aye
45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.