New 7th Storey Hotel to make way for Downtown Line development

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went there last saturday, the reception told me their management is negotiating with the athority, may delay the dooms day till next year. cant confirm though.

Last chance to take photos of this building before it is demolished for more shopping centres and office spaces.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New 7th Storey Hotel makes way for new Bugis MRT station
By Serene Loo/Ryan Huang, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 31 October 2008 2120 hrs

SINGAPORE: One of Singapore's oldest hotels has finally called it a day after 55 years. The New 7th Storey Hotel at Rochor Road is making way for the new Bugis MRT station.

The new Bugis station is one of the six that make up the 4.3-kilometre Downtown Line One, which is scheduled to open in 2013.

Authorities said demolition of the hotel is unavoidable due to engineering constraints.

The owners spent some S$100,000 renovating the budget hotel earlier this year.

Some people paid the hotel a final farewell visit on Friday.

Despite its name, the New 7th Storey Hotel actually has nine storeys comprising 38 rooms.

Many will remember its manually-operated lift and its spiral staircase.

However, there is some consolation as part of the hotel will still live on. Its charcoal steamboat restaurant will be moving to its new home at the Marina Barrage in December.

Parts of the hotel decor will be put up for sale. - CNA/vm

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/386829/1/.html

denniskee and peterpan1975 plus a bunch of others there since this afternoon...expect good shots from them later....

paiseh guys...just came home from concert shoot...too tired liao...not joining

What if someone from here acts as a consultant to evaluate Eiffel Tower in Paris...

I think our smart consultants would say:

This dam tower is a complete piece of junk. omg, just look at it, hovering in midair! It cost way too much to maintain annually and the metal melted can be sold to singapore to make a few hundred lamp poles for the next F1. Justify for scrap to free up the land. What icon? Hello, its year 2000. Money is the national icon! Wake up!@#%$@#%@#

And by the way, dont forget to implement ERP in France. Charge them in USD and blame that administration. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
denniskee and peterpan1975 plus a bunch of others there since this afternoon...expect good shots from them later....

Yup, Eye E City had organized a 1 night stay till their last day of operation on 1st Nov 08. Eye participants and some fellow CSers had joined us in this field trip.

For more info about this activity, please visit our Eye site

http://eyeecity.multiply.com/journal/item/68/Eye_stayed_in_a_7_storey_hotel

Myself had started to upload some of the photos in my multiply site

http://denniskee.multiply.com/photos/album/54/Eye_stayed_at_a_7_stoey_hotel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.