NBA finals - Spurs vs Pistons

Who's going to win the NBA finals?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll results as of 13/6 1220hrs said:
View Poll Results: Who's going to win the NBA finals?

Spurs in 4 2 6.45%
Spurs in 5 1 3.23%
Spurs in 6 10 32.26%
Spurs in 7 6 19.35%

Pistons in 4 0 0%
Pistons in 5 1 3.23%
Pistons in 6 5 16.13%
Pistons in 7 6 19.35%

Voters: 31.
Spurs 2 - 0 up in the best of 7 series against the defending campions, Pistons

The way things are going... i am gonna change from Spurs in 6 to Spurs in 4 or 5 already....Really disappointed in Pistons

Cactus jACK said:
the pistons had shown that they are capable of winning on the road when they beat miami... but the spurs seemed too much for them to handle.

expect the pistons to come back with something extra at home!!

no doubt ginobilli and duncan were solid, but bowen and horry had solid contributions on the offensive end :thumbsup:

when's the next game again?

Nah, with the way that Spurs outplay and outscore Pistons in the first 2 games, I doubt that Pistons can make much of a comeback even at home.

Pistons really kenna thrashed by Spurs in game 2.

actually,

I thought pistons was not really trashed by spurs in game 2. I think the officials made it VERY hard for the pistons in Game 2. Also pistons made some really BAD passes (silly turnovers), picked up technical fouls, missed so many sitters, etc. Pistons actually out rebounded Spurs by quite a lot. The two Wallaces were pretty good. All they need is just friendly officials and some ok shooting by Prince and Hamilton.

I think it will be different at pistons home court.

I still stick by my prediction of spurs to win in 6. Pistons should win 2 out of three home games.

Poll results as of 15/6 0100hrs said:

Spurs in 4 2 6.25%
Spurs in 5 2 6.25%
Spurs in 6 10 31.25%
Spurs in 7 6 18.75%

Pistons in 4 0 0%
Pistons in 5 1 3.13%
Pistons in 6 5 15.63%
Pistons in 7 6 18.75%

Voters: 32.
the tension is brewing for game 3!!

If the Spurs go up 3-0 today, get ready for the brooms guys!!!

Damn... What an effort by the Pistons. Looks like we've got a series now.

Manu = 7 pts, 2-6 fg, 6 TOs. What's wrong with Manu? I'm sure he will come back strong in Game 4.

Go Spurs!

He's injured... hope he's fine otherwise this may be Pistons' chance... Ben Wallace prob played so well because he's playing in remembrance of his old pal, who died a few days ago....

Pistons is just as strong as Spurs. They were not blown away on the last two games but rather a bit unlucky with the calls. In game 2 I think Spurs has so MANY more points just from free throws.

The officials plays a HUGE role in NBA. Imagine Ben gets called with early fouls in Game three. Everything will be different.

This time round, hamilton and billups did their work and ben wallace was REALLY huge. If he plays like that all the time, Spurs is in deep trouble. I believe Ben is more than a match for Tim, one on one.

Mcdyess played very well on game 3 but I think he VERY unreliable. Like to take tough fadeaway shots.... hope he does not shoot more on Game 4, else pistons sure lose one...

Poll results as of 17/6 0015hrs said:

Spurs in 4 2 5.88%
Spurs in 5 2 5.88%
Spurs in 6 11 32.35%
Spurs in 7 6 17.65%

Pistons in 4 0 0%
Pistons in 5 1 2.94%
Pistons in 6 6 17.65%
Pistons in 7 6 17.65%

Voters: 34
just hours away from game 4!!

can the spurs bounce back to win at the pistons home court? or can the pistons religate ginobilli and duncan to non-factors again in game 4?

I support Piston for this finals :) dun like duncan.
haha. Piston just trashed Spurs. 2-2. I say Piston to win in 7.
what are your favourite teams and players in NBA now?
mine is sixers
and i like Iverson and KG (timberwolves).

Piston really kick Spurs' A$$ today.... I still think Spurs will prevail as they are the better offensive team.

Fav player... Amare.. his potential is unlimited... close 2nd will be LeBron...follow by maybe Nash or Duncan..

Fav Team ... no one team really, all not very good IMHO>.HAHA

Looks like Piston sleepwalking is over. They have started to wake up which is good coz I thought 2-0 looks a bit boring.

My fav player - who else but Yao Ming! So Fav Team is the Houston Rockets. But I don't care about Van Gundy (coach) - hope they get a better coach for Yao Ming.

BTW, anyone wants a 2005 calendar from SLAM magazine? I am giving it away. Pls pm me if interested.

nemesis32 said:
Piston really kick Spurs' A$$ today....
looks like we have a good series on hand!!! :thumbsup:

the pistons are showing the "blue-collar" resilience they are reknown for... but the spurs are uncharacteristically disappearing on defence?!?!!

CLQ said:
what are your favourite teams and players in NBA now?
ben wallace and the pistons!! why? because i was told that i play like him... minus the block, steals, and rebounds... :sweat:

other favourites include, dikembe, ai, and kg!! :thumbsup:

Spurs had 18 turnovers ;( and Pistons only 4 - that's why they lost ;(

Spurs will prevail in the 6!

Duncan needs to step it up. Ginobili seems hurt still, but Duncan is our MVP and it's time he shows it. :angry:

Jake Shuttlesworth said:
Spurs will prevail in the 6!

Duncan needs to step it up. Ginobili seems hurt still, but Duncan is our MVP and it's time he shows it. :angry:
it's now effectively a 3-game series!!

as good as duncan is, he can only do so much, the spurs need ginobilli to show up!! i was betting on co-MVPs (if the spurs win) of duncan and manu. (but i don't think that such awards have ever been given out to 2 players before, except in the all-star game for karl malone and john stockton)

Status
Not open for further replies.