NBA finals - Spurs vs Pistons

Who's going to win the NBA finals?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs in 6! I hate the Pistons with a passion. Ben Wallace is a punk for what he did to Ron Artest.

Nevertheless, this will be a good matchup to watch. Great fundamental basketball both offensively and defensively. I'll enjoy every minute of this series!

And yes, nobody can stop Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! What, Tayshaun who??

Jake Shuttlesworth said:
... this will be a good matchup to watch. Great fundamental basketball both offensively and defensively. I'll enjoy every minute of this series!

And yes, nobody can stop Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!...
agree that this is going to be a good matchup to watch. but it can be potentially be a very painful series too, both teams can bogg down good offenses with great defense!!

foul shots and mid-range jumpers are going to be very important to help open up the lanes for the likes of manu and rip to exploit.

Hey.... the finals are no longer broadcast on channel 5 right?

Only ESPN is showing them now. Would I be correct to make that statement?

I am on leave 2day :)

will watch every minute. I support Sun and really liked the way Nash played against Dallas. Pity that Sun did not win the Game 5... very close. Amare was simply amazing considering how good a defensive player Duncan was.

So now I support SA :) But I think both are very strong teams. but pistons is not really an exciting team. At least SA has ginobli who is like unbelieavable if he gets hot.

wind30 said:
I am on leave 2day :)

will watch every minute. I support Sun and really liked the way Nash played against Dallas. Pity that Sun did not win the Game 5... very close. Amare was simply amazing considering how good a defensive player Duncan was.

So now I support SA :) But I think both are very strong teams. but pistons is not really an exciting team. At least SA has ginobli who is like unbelieavable if he gets hot.

Good for you man! Didn't get to apply leave for today, but I'm following the NBA's live boxscore at work now. Haha! And Spurs is leading now!

Yes, Amare is still young, and will be a beast in years to come, and shoulda been a number one pick instead of Yao. I like how he's improved his mid-range jumper.

YES!! Spurs is taking Game One!

Ginobili is the truth, man, dude's a straight baller, look what he did in the 4th quarter! People hate him 'cause he flops like a fish, but the more I watch him the more I like him, 'cause he's bringing his everything to win the game! He's a champion, the Olympic gold medal ain't no fluke.

serene said:
If I am not wrong, the criteria for the Finals MVP is
(1) The player must be from winning team
(2) The player must have the most points scored.

So last year, the MVP was Chauncey Billups of Detroit

Steve Nash is the regular season MVP or the Maurice Podoloff Trophy -named after the first commissioner of the NBA. It is the more prestigous of MVP award . The winner is selected by a panel of judges of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada.
I dun think need to be from winning team but it doesn't make sense if the losing team player get MVP right? However, i can think of the Suns-Spurs series and argue Amare is the MVP and i am sure there will be not many opposers.....

Highest points - not required. This one i am 100% sure. Magic Johnson won despite Kareem and James Worthy scoring more points. Dumars and Isiah THomas are also not the top scorer for their teams when they won.

I believe the key is BEST performance. judges look for player who performed the best, generally from winning team and prob stepped up a notch. Billups stepped up last year but many people don't think he shd win... but so does many people think Detroit shd not be world champion...

agape01 said:

100% correct.... i used to watch every friday night and then play mahjong until next morning then play basketball until evening on Sat!

agape01 said:

Yes man. Only soccer and soccer from Channel 5! :angry:

Show some love for the NBA, please? ;p

Jake Shuttlesworth said:
Yes man. Only soccer and soccer from Channel 5! :angry:

Show some love for the NBA, please? ;p
pls... even EPL also no more on channel 5...

These days, if you are poor.. no need to watch TV... nothing to watch except reruns and local programs

Poll results as of 10/6 1440hrs said:
View Poll Results: Who's going to win the NBA finals?

Spurs in 4 2 7.14%
Spurs in 5 1 3.57%
Spurs in 6 8 28.57%
Spurs in 7 5 17.86%

Pistons in 4 0 0%
Pistons in 5 1 3.57%
Pistons in 6 5 17.86%
Pistons in 7 6 21.43%

Voters: 28
just in keeping track... spurs 16 - pistons 12 (think these were the same poll results before the start of game 1)

as the series progresses, the poll results are going to get less and less meaningful - but we can keep the thread as a chat on the NBA finals or even the NBA in general!! :thumbsup:

Jake Shuttlesworth said:
YES!! Spurs is taking Game One!
Spurs 1 - 0 Pistons

Duncan had 24 pts and 17 rebounds (he is a rebounding machine here) but Ginobili played so determined this time. Detriot seemed to be a bit lost in this match. You can see several times when Ginobili tries to dribble from 3 pt or shoot from 3 pt, he was not defended much until he gets into the paint which was already too late coz Duncan is there to catch the rebound.

Also credit one of the under-rated defenders from the Spurs, Bruce Bowen; has proven from time to time, he's been able and absolutely shut down his man. Look what he did to Suns Marion and Sonics R.Allen. And from Game 1 of the NBA finals, he held Richard Hamilton to 14 points.

Let's make it 2-0, go Spurs!

the series continues - game 2!!!

Spurs have homecourt advantage!!

2-0 or 1-1?!?!

Cactus jACK said:
the series continues - game 2!!!

Spurs have homecourt advantage!!

2-0 or 1-1?!?!

Go Spurs! Let's make it 2-0 baby, 2-0!

Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

bandarge.png

2-0 now!!!

Spurs' basketball at its best! GAME OVER for the Pistons!

Jake Shuttlesworth said:
2-0 now!!!

Spurs' basketball at its best! GAME OVER for the Pistons!
the pistons had shown that they are capable of winning on the road when they beat miami... but the spurs seemed too much for them to handle.

expect the pistons to come back with something extra at home!!

no doubt ginobilli and duncan were solid, but bowen and horry had solid contributions on the offensive end :thumbsup:

when's the next game again?

Status
Not open for further replies.